Our Backgrounds Make Us Who We Are

R.A. (Robot Apocalypse) *Hiatus

I'm back with this storayy~ Thanks to my SIX new subscribers: MaddyD, sayixcheese, SkyintheDragon, jezszie95, vortex234 and poisjo! :D You guys are awesome. Sorry about the boring chapter though, it'll get better. I promise!

Comment, Subscribe and LOVE (.^_^.)

-TAIwin<3

 

 

------

 

 

 

Seungri and Daehyun were arguing. That’s the 2nd time this day. It was sure to be driving me and the others insane. They never seemed to stop, never had a compromise, and never tried to be nice to one another. I claimed that it was because they didn’t get to know each other; they said it was because the other side was just stupid. “DAEHYUN I TOLD YOU TO PUT THIS AWAY!”

“YOU’RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME SEUNGRI! Just because your family may know more about the robots more than me-doesn’t mean I have to listen to you!” He growled back and shot me a glance as if to say: No offense. I waved it off.

My idiot cousin shot back, “You will if you want to live!”

Yongguk stood up, laying his hands on their chests, “Ok that’s it. Just call it off!”

“HE STARTED IT HYUNG!” “KEEP YOUR MEMBER UNDER CONTROL!” They both cried and grabbed their weapons. . I kicked Jiyong in the shin and he nodded, pulling out his own gun much faster than the other two. He shot at their feet and stood, jumping down to push them back.

“Seungri, stop it. Seriously, you’re twenty-two; you’re not a kid anymore. You need to stop acting like one.” GD pushed him back and spoke to him in private, hissing something no one heard. Yongguk did the same with Daehyun. After about a minute, both leaders shoved their members forward and they grumbled apologies. “Yongguk, let’s talk.” The two leaders walked off to the other side of the stadium, and I pulled Seungri by his collar far away from Daehyun.

“What is wrong with you?!” I hissed in his ear.

“Daehyun needs to listen to who knows more about this situation or he’s gonna die!” He countered. “You of all people should be on my side! We’re family Chaerin!”

“We may be family, but you need to learn to respect him. We all have reasons for our behavior, reasons why we fight with each other-and you should learn Daehyun’s.” I shoved him forward, “DAEHYUN GET OVER HERE.”

Seungri tried digging his heels into the dirt, “OH? And you know Daehyun’s background?” He snorted annoyingly.

“I know everyone’s. Being a leader, I found it my responsibility to get to know everyone better. Now I want everyone here!” Daehyun was pouting though, refusing to come over and be near Seungri, “Daehyun.” He shook his head, “Yongguk, get your member over here!”

He came up beside me and sat down, “CL, I can only manage my members. I can’t force them to do whatever.”

“DAEHYUN. Please?” He rolled his eyes and sat down beside me, leaving me in between him and my cousin. “Good. Now, we need to get your issues out on the table. Today is the day where we all stop fighting. Understood?” They nodded; Daehyun and Seungri didn’t and crossed their arms. Both looked opposite directions of the other and pouted. I sighed, “Great. Now, Daehyun, why don’t you go first?”

He shrugged, “Where am I supposed to start?”

I sighed and sat down like the other fourteen people and shifted, “Let’s start from where you were born.”

He brushed his hair back, “Alright. Well, I was born in Busan, on June 28, 2131. So I’m 19. My parents and older brother were fascinated in the Lees’ work,” He eyed Seungri and me, “I was really gifted in that stuff so my Dad offered me as a helping hand since I had dreams in going to Busan’s Computer and Science High School. I was happy to work for them, as a kid you know, I felt like I had bragging rights. Up until Spike was running. I worked on Spike, along with several other people, and I was so sure I did everything I was supposed to do…” I looked at Seungri, who surprisingly seemed to be interested in his story, “I was looked down upon, everyone hated me. They said it was because I was so young that I messed up on everything and turned the robots against the world on purpose. I thought my life couldn’t get any worse…But I came home one day-after I turned four-and was attacked. I had to watch my family be killed in front of me. As soon as they moved on to me, Yongguk came in and saved my .” He slapped the said man’s back and smiled, “Man I was as scared as Hell!” He laughed, “But he got me through it…I guess, I’ve always had a grudge on the Lees. I’ve always thought they were the reason for my family being killed and for me being hated so badly. And Seungri ordering me around just makes me feel that history will repeat itself.”

There was a small pause and I glanced at Seungri, nudging him. His mind worked itself out of its daze and he looked at me with a: What the Hell face. I looked at him and crossed my arms. He sighed, “I was born in Gwangju, December 12, 2128…there’s not a lot to say about my life since it’s all been publicly announced to the world. But, I’ve never felt welcomed in my own life. I’ve felt like I’m always the little kid everyone wants to just push around. So I guess, after CL and I ran off from home…I’ve always wanted to have that feeling of power no one ever gave me. Daehyun just…seemed to fit the person I wanted to boss around. He’s like me, a bit.” Seungri looked at Daehyun, “And I guess I just don’t want you to make mistakes I’ve made before.”

I looked around, if someone else wanted to go but no one offered. Just as I was about to speak up, Bom raised her hand, “I’ll go, CL.” I nodded, Bom had a sad one, “So-I was born 2121,” she chuckled, “sorry. March 24. Turning 29, so to me-you’re all my babies that I have to look after.” Dara smirked and laughed, making Bom hit her chest, “Anyway, um, I lived beside Dara as a kid; we were best friends even if I was one year older. I was the shy one, Dara was more outgoing. So, I usually trailed her in school. When we first heard about the R.A., Dara and I didn’t think life could get any better. It got worse. Dara moved away when I was ten so I was a loner ever since. Without Dara, people teased me and pulled pranks like taking away my clothes in the locker room or started rumors over the school intercom…” she made a scoffing noise and smiled bitterly, “I had one other friend, but I’ve chosen to forget his name since. I did like him, and he said he liked me too. But he was ashamed of saying it to his other friends. He wanted to change me. I felt terrible; I didn’t know what I was doing with my life. So, I changed quite a bit. I tried being more open, I got laser eye surgery, I wore make up-I wanted to be accepted.” Bom waved her hand in the air, “And before I knew it, everyone was gone. They were all killed or taken hostage. Up until Dara found me in the US-I felt so alone and thought I should just wait for them to come for me.” Them. The robots. Spike. “So I’m never going back to being that loner I was before. I don’t want to feel like time has been wasted anymore.”

Dara puffed her cheeks, fiddling with her thumbs, “What?” She asked when she saw everyone staring at her, “Oh-I’m not going! Mine is boring!”

“Aish Dara!” I scoffed, “Fine. Anyone else wanna go?”

“I think we should stop.” Jiyong said, smiling a little.

“And why so?”

“Your cousin’s crying.” Yep. I looked to Seungri to see his eyes watery and staring off into space as if he were frozen like that.

“Y-Yah! Seungri!” He looked up and wiped his eyes.

“Sorry…” I couldn’t blame him though, being softies run in his mother’s side of his family. So I just patted his back, in hope to comfort him.

I looked back at Jiyong and nodded, “Yea, let’s stop for now. I don’t want to see you and Daehyun fighting anymore. Understood?” They nodded and we all separated, getting ready if we were discovered again soon enough.

“What to do now, Chae?” Minji asked, lying beside me as I wiped up my E.M.F.

I sighed and patted her head, “I don’t know…” Really, what to do? We’ve just been kicked off our fourth hiding place this week. I’m not one to quit, or run out of ideas, so I said the first thing that came to mind, “Maybe…we should split up…”