Awkward

R.A. (Robot Apocalypse) *Hiatus

Her body-and part of her mind was in the room next to me. I wondered if they were talking together, or if she was trying even harder to get out of her prison. But oddly…I wondered what Robot-Chae was thinking. Was she gonna give in? Or would she rather let herself and Chaerin die at the hands of Spike? Worse, was there a way she could actually kill off Chaerin’s last shred of sanity?

I sat up at a knock and called out, “Come in.”

Yongguk entered with two glasses of beer and held out one, “Penny for your thoughts…”

Taking it, I let him sit on the bed beside me as I took a cautious sip of alcohol: “Do you think that Robot-Chae will come around?” Just a shred of hope…a small piece of hope.

“No.” Yongguk admitted and stirred his cup, “I honestly think that Robot-Chae would run if she had the chance. She’d probably do anything to get back to Spike.”

I raised my head and groaned, “…Is it weird? She’s not like other robots.”

“She’s got Lee Chaerin stuck inside her head, having constant war with each other. Did you expect her to not be different?” Yongguk stood up and went to the window, biting his lip, “My worst fear is that…we spend so much time with a new person that we forget who we’re fighting for.”

That really stabbed at my pride. I was a bit offended at his words, “Why would you think I’d forget Chaerin?” The red sheets under me were a prisoner to my clenching hands.

“Because we’re with this completely different person.” He explained, “Her face is with a new personality…and we tie faces to personality. At the same time, they fight for their reasons and Robot-Chae might just confuse us.” He finished off his glass and wiped his lips with his thumb, “All in all, I know it’s a long shot. It’s just…a fear.”

The bed creaked as I stood up and set my glass on the nightstand. “I understand.” But I didn’t. There was no way in Heaven and Hell that I could ever forget the one I love. I loved her for her personality, and her memories. Of course, she was beautiful physically. But even before this all happened her face wasn’t the thing that kept me in love.

“Let’s go eat.” Yongguk finally said and I nodded, “Let’s get Robot-Chae. It’s not smart to leave her alone here.” We walked out and knocked on her door, but no one came. He nervously shuffled, “I don’t know whether to go in or not. She may kill us.” I knocked again, and after a minute, I opened the door.

Robot-Chae was sprawled across the bed, talking to most likely Chaerin in her head. She was so engrossed into the conversation that she didn’t notice us at all and continued to talk, “Well-…don’t yell please, you’re giving me a headache.” She rubbed her temples and continued, “I’m sorry…”

She was about to go into a conversation we both didn’t want to hear, so I slapped the door loudly and said, “We’re heading down to eat. Come on.”

“Um…ok.” She stood and followed us, all the while mumbling things. When we arrived in the dining room, I saw that the others had tried to get as comfortable as they could in a palace. Even I was nervous about touching it even though no one has occupied it for at least ten years. Zelo and TOP-the brothers-were carrying in pots and pans onto the table, while the three girls of 2NE1 were noisily rummaging through the kitchen. Taeyang and Himchan were setting things around the table, and moved aside so Daesung, Seungri, Jongup and Daehyun could split the god damn thing in half. They pushed both halves together horizontally and Youngjae sanded down the broken sides.

Robot-Chae moved to the side to continue her conversation and they all looked at her, but she didn’t notice. I stood at the edge and looked at it, scoffing, “A lot of food.”

“Bom-noona is so hungry.” TOP insisted.

The fiery Noona called out from the kitchen, “Eat up! We’ll be out there soon!”

I sat down in a random chair but Zelo pushed me, “Sit here.” He pointed to the head of the table and grinned at me, taking the seat I was about to sit in. I did what he requested and I had to admit, it felt really good. Bom, Dara and Minzy came out and I heard Robot-Chae stand.

“Where are you going?” I called out to her and she stopped in the doorway, back towards us, “Eat.”

“No thank you.” She said hurriedly and coughed into her hand. Since when was she polite? “I’m not hungry. I’ll be in my room.” And with that, she went off.

Jongup stood, “Hyung, should I go get her?”

I shook my head, “If she escapes, we’ll hear it… But something with her is off.” We didn’t go into it any further. So we just ate, almost forgetting the ‘prisoner’/’hostage’ upstairs. But times at a dinner table made us feel like a family. That’s what we were a family. We’ve gone through tough times, and we’ve survived with no one being lost-correction-with one person being lost. “It’s now or never.” I blurted, and folded my hands.

“When we’re ready…let’s go back to Seoul.”

“Seoul…?” Dara repeated, poking her food with her utensils. Her eyes became watery, “I don’t think we’re emotionally prepared for that.”

“I said when we’re ready,” I started, “we need to go. We need to have vengeance for Chae. I will die fighting for her…I will not spend my life running away from Spike. I promise you that.”

 

“If I’m a robot…why do I feel?”

Technology nowadays…a rock can have emotions if we wanted it to. Her voice was cold, lifeless.

My tired body played with the sheets, “The way he talks to you is nice.”

He will talk to me only that way. Do you understand that? He fights for me. He wants me back, I’m the only reason you’re alive.

“I know… I’m pathetic like that. Are you mad?”

Please. He has the personality every woman falls for. I fell for him as a kid in shorter time, I’m not surprised… But of course, I’m mad. You have the audacity to fall for my man. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'M SORRY. I HAVE NO EXCUSES FOR MY ABSENCE ON THIS STORY. It's been so busy for me though, but I still apologize for my ignorance on ignoring my responsibilities. I hope you all forgive me TT.TT. Onto K-POP news, I love Taeyang's album RISE #1AM #StayWithMe And PSY's comeback is tomorrow...but yeah, I haven't been paying attention to news lately since I've had studies to do... New story will be up on June 18th!!! YAY! Please look forward to it. I will try to update both stories as regularly as I can. I love you all (.^_^.)

-TAIwin <3