Cherry Blossoms

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

9 – Cherry Blossoms

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Dara got home, Kiko was already in bed sleeping. She and Seung Hyun decided to wait out for a bit, trying to make sure that they wouldn’t be seen by Jiyong and Kiko.

 

 

She looked at the sleeping Kiko and sighed heavily. She shook her head, trying to erase the picture of Jiyong kissing Kiko on the cheek.

 

 

It’s just because I’m worried about her. She might fall for Jiyong’s playboy ways.

 

 

Dara kept on telling herself. She didn’t want to label her dark feelings other than worry for her best friend. She thought it was absolutely ridiculous if she’d feel anything more.

 

 

After washing up, Dara opened her laptop and started writing her post for her movie review. She tried to recall the highlights of the movie and the things that she loved about the story when she received a request on Skype through her hotmail account to chat.

 

 

IBGDRGN

 

 

She almost forgot that she gave Jiyong her red lotus Skype account. She didn’t even know why she gave him the account when it was originally for the business aspect of her blogsite. Some advertisers have been requesting for adspace on her site and so she finally made an account for all the business transactions. She can’t even believe that she’s starting to make real money off her site.

 

 

“IBGDRGN: Hi Kiko. Are you feeling okay now?” Dara blinked and looked at her laptop for a few seconds. For a moment she almost replied and told him that Kiko is already sleeping. Good thing she remembered that she was supposed to be Kiko or Kiko was supposed to be her. It got her all confused now.

 

 

“red_lotus: I told you not call me by my real name online.” Dara replied and then she switched the tab back to her article. She was taking a moment to gather her thoughts about the movie again when she received a reply from Jiyong.

 

 

For some reasons, she was mad…mad at him…mad at herself…and ultimately mad at him… She huffed and refused to reply. She ignored the blinking message box on her menu bar. She took a deep breath and typed in a few sentences when she got buzzed successively and received one message after another.

 

 

“ARGGGGHHHH!!! You can even annoy me online. You are really something else!!!” Dara finally clicks on the message box.

 

 

“IBGDRGN: I’m sorry Red…forgive me?”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: Hey…don’t be mad at me…please…”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: *puppy dog eyes*”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: hey baby girl…talk to me…”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: I’m using all my cute charms on you and it’s not working…”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: Red…red…red….”

 

 

Dara raked her fingers through her hair and gave out a silent scream. She knows that Jiyong isn’t going to stop pestering her so she just needs to talk to him.

 

 

“red_lotus: I’m busy right now.” Dara replied and in a matter of three seconds, Jiyong replied again.

 

 

“IBGDRGN: Creating a new post? Is it about the movie we watched earlier?”

 

 

“red_lotus: Yes.”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: Red…I know you’re still a little bit sad…I wish I could do something to make you feel better…”

 

 

Dara stopped. She froze. Kiko is sad? Did she say something to him?

 

 

“IBGDRGN: If I pretend to be Seung Hyun hyung and say I love you, would you feel better?”

 

 

WHY THIS BIG FREAKIN FLIRT! Dara thought angrily.

 

 

“red_lotus: No that would not make me feel better. That would make me vomit my guts out.” Dara frantically banged her laptop keypad to type her reply.

 

 

“IBGDRGN: lmao”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: You know Red…you’re a lot different in person…”

 

 

“red_lotus: how so?”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: Hmmm…You’re a lot shy in person. You’re soft spoken. Before I met you, I’d always imagine us bickering about something when we finally meet. I even imagined us throwing insults at each other and then just laugh about it after…”

 

 

“red_lotus: you’re not disappointed are you?”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: No no no…it’s not that…you’re just different…I just pictured you as a cute spunky geeky girl with glasses…” Dara thought for a moment and then looked at herself in the mirror. Yeah. Indeed she’s a geeky girl with glasses. She can call herself spunky. But cute? She shook her head.

 

 

“IBGDRGN: But you turned out to a very very beautiful girl…and I humbly take back what I said about you before…that you were hiding behind your Red Lotus persona because you’re ugly…I really didn’t mean that. I’m really sorry…”

 

 

Somehow, reading Jiyong’s message and his apology made her feel sad. She imagined feeling elated and triumphant once Jiyong finally apologize to her and yet now that she heard his apology and hearing him take back his words…it didn’t feel good at all...she didn’t feel good knowing that right now, he is picturing Kiko as the girl he’s chatting with. Would he say the same thing if he knew that she is The Real Red Lotus and not Kiko? Would he still take back his words? After all, he’s always called Red Lotus ugly and he just admitted himself that he’s always pictured red lotus as a geeky girl with glasses.  Dara couldn’t help but feel utter desolation.

 

 

“red_lotus: Apology accepted.”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: Are you still thinking about Seung Hyun? Like I said earlier, you’re a very beautiful girl Red…you can easily find someone else who is willing to take care of you and return your love…We both know that hyung is in love with your best friend Dara.”

 

 

WHAT!?

 

 

What the hell is this jerkface talking about? Choi is not in love with me! Are you crazy? We’re just purely platonic! Is this jerkface playing a joke on me?

 

 

“IBGDRGN: I’ve been friends with him for so long and I’ve never seen him take a look nor speak about any other girl but Dara…”

 

 

No…no…he can’t be in love with me…Kiko loves him…

 

 

“IBGDRGN: Hey Red…are you still with me?” Dara took a deep breath and thought a reply for Jiyong.

 

 

“red_lotus: For a guy, you’re so in to gossips and you talk too much.”

 

 

“IBGDRGN: Awww Red…you wound me…come here and make me feel better…”

 

 

“red_lotus: Get some sleep. Good night.”

 

 

Dara logged off before she could receive another reply from Jiyong.

 

 

Seung Hyun is in love with me. I didn’t have any idea. Oh my goodness. This is all messed up.

 

 

*****

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter