Movie in the Making

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

22 - Movie in the Making

 

 

 

A/N

2nd installment of my DOUBLE Update

 

 

 

 

 

 

AFTER FIVE YEARS

 

 

 

“Is she really coming?” Jiyong asked Seung Hyun for the nth time. Seung Hyun glared at Jiyong.

 

 

“You’ve asked me that question for the hundredth time. Yes. Dara’s arriving day after tomorrow.” Seung Hyun said in exasperation. He was trying to concentrate and scribble lyrics on his notebook but Jiyong was bothering him with his questions.

 

 

“Are you sure she doesn’t know about me?” Jiyong asked anxiously.

 

 

“Geesh Jiyong. You’re really getting in to my nerves! She doesn’t have any clue okay? I didn’t tell her anything. Now can we get on with recording your part?” Seung Hyun glared. Jiyong bent his head down like a scolded child.

 

 

It’s been five years since Dara left. The day before she met Jiyong, she was able to muster the courage to open the envelope from New York Academy. And she found out that she was actually accepted to enroll on the next term. Since she saved enough money from all her earnings in her Red Lotus blog, she was able to book a flight for New York. She visited her mother to say goodbye and so she could take care of her things in her apartment.

 

 

Dara won an award at Cannes Film Festival for a short film category. She won the award from the independent short film she made for her thesis for graduation. And after five years, she’s finally coming back to Seoul. Dara and Seung Hyun are finally going to make their dream of producing their own movie.

 

 

She called Seung Hyun up in Skype and told him that she just finished writing the screenplay for a movie and asked him if he was interested in directing it like what they always planned back in college. Seung Hyun readily agreed.

 

 

Jiyong on the other hand, finally got to his senses and apologized to Seung Hyun for being an . Dara leaving him was what woke him up to get his act together. He signed with Seung Hyun under YGE. They became one of the biggest and most successful rappers in South Korea and went under the name ‘GD&TOP’. They also made a name for themselves in their solo careers.

 

 

Seung Hyun got his degree in directing and started practicing his skills by directing their music videos as well as the music videos of their label mates in YGE. He broke up from his three year high profile relationship with a halyu actress Shi Min Ah a year ago and hadn’t dated anyone since then.

 

 

Kiko became one of the most successful top models in Japan and has made a name for herself in Europe as well. She just recently launched her own clothing line under Opening Ceremony. She has kept in touch with Dara and Seung Hyun for the past five years. She visited Dara in New York whenever she had an opportunity with her modeling job. But sad to say, she never had a chance to meet up with Seung Hyun because he was also busy himself.

 

 

*****

 

 

Dara looked around in the crowded airport. The moment she stepped out in the immigration, she was welcomed by screaming fangirls thinking she was the Kpop idol they were all expecting.

 

 

Dara chuckled at the thought. Incheon airport is still the same after five years. It still swarmed with screaming fangirls.

 

 

She rode a taxi and headed for her hotel in Seoul.

 

 

She was ushered in the hotel and was assisted up towards the hotel’s suite. She shook her head in amusement.

 

 

“OMGGGG UNNIEEEEE I MISSED YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!” Kiko squealed and ran towards her as soon as she stepped in the hotel suite. Kiko hugged her tightly.

 

 

“I missed you too Kiko.” Dara replied warmly.

 

 

Dara was glad that they have gotten pass what happened with Jiyong. They just needed time apart and the next time they saw each other in New York, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter