The Nerd's Glasses

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


5 - The Nerd's Glasses

 

 

 

 

 

“What is that guy doing here?” Dara asked Seung Hyun as she threw Jiyong a death glare. Seung Hyun invited Dara and Kiko to watch a movie as part of their ‘all girls night out’ that they both promised he’d be included in. Much to Dara’s dismay, the object of her extreme annoyance tagged along with Seung Hyun.

 

 

“I’m sorry, he insisted on tagging along. He said he had nothing to do today.” Seung Hyun smiled at Kiko and Dara sheepishly and ruffled his dreads.

 

 

“You better make him go away Choi. I refuse to be anywhere near that douche bag.” Dara hissed, aware that Jiyong already walked near them.

 

 

“Hey girls.” Jiyong gave out a wide grin, unaware of the silence and high tension that grew between Kiko Seung Hyun and Dara.

 

 

“Are we going to watch a chick flick? Man I miss sleeping in a movie theater. I’m glad I’ll be able to do it later.” Jiyong mused, stretching his arms upward.

 

 

“You three go ahead. I don’t feel like watching a movie anymore. Someone just ruined my mood.” Dara announced to no one in particular. She turned her back and started walking away.

 

 

“Unnie…” Kiko called out as she tried catching up with Dara. She held out Dara’s arm to stop her. “Please…” Kiko pleaded. Kiko was so happy upon knowing that she’ll get to spend time with Seung Hyun. She looked into Dara’s eyes and gave out her puppy eyes to persuade her from staying.

 

 

“You know I love you Kiko…but I just can’t stand that guy. He’s just…” Dara closed her eyes and took a deep breath and immediately regretted when she looked into Kiko’s face because she had this adorable expression on her face.

 

 

“Please unnie…please….” Kiko tugged on Dara’s arm and embraced her sideways.

 

 

“You really owe me a lot Kiko. I swear one of these days I’m going to ask you a huge favor and you won’t have the right to refuse.” Dara heaved a heavy sigh and shook her head. Kiko giggled and embraced Dara again.

 

 

They went and watch a suspense thriller. Seung Hyun sat in between Kiko and Dara while Jiyong sat beside Dara. They bought two buckets of popcorn and four large root beers. Seung Hyun and Kiko shared one bucket of popcorn while Dara embraced one and looked like she wasn’t intending to give Jiyong any share. The movie started. Dara scooted away from Jiyong as far as possible. Jiyong wasn’t as dense because he immediately noticed Dara’s unwelcoming attitude.

 

 

“Who stars in this movie?” Jiyong leaned closer to Dara and whispered in her ear. Dara jumped to her seat, surprised by Jiyong’s closeness. Jiyong chuckles and doesn’t move away from Dara.

 

 

“Can’t you read? The casts were just flashed on the screen.” Dara answered sarcastically.

 

 

“I’m too lazy to read.” Jiyong shrugged.

 

 

“Go away.” Dara elbowed him so he would step back. Jiyong complied but minutes later he leaned forward and closed the gap between them again.

 

 

“I’m hungry. Can you give me some popcorn?” Jiyong whispered in Dara’s ears. Dara jumped to her seat again and wanted to scrape Jiyong’s warm breath in her ear. She hated the jolt it sent all throughout her body.

 

 

“This is mine. Go buy your own.” Dara snapped and went on watching the movie. She sighed in relief when Jiyong kept quiet but a few minutes after that Jiyong snatched her bucket of popcorn and embraced it. He scooped a mouthful and put it in his mouth, throwing Dara a triumphant toothy smile with popcorn in between his teeth.

 

 

“Give that back!” Dara tried reaching for the bucket but Jiyong shoved her hands away.

 

 

“I said give that back! That’s mine!” Dara was fuming mad.

 

 

“Shhhhh!!! Keep it down! We’re trying to watch a movie here!” A voice from behind them called out. Dara immediately bowed and apologized and went back to her seat. She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest and grumbled to herself.

 

 

Seung Hyun looked over his shoulder and noticed Dara grumbling. He smiled to himself and took a handful of popcorn and gave it to Dara.

 

 

“I’m sorry he had to tag along. You know he can be very persistent. You want to switch places?” Seung Hyun whispered. Dara almost nodded but she remembered Kiko and she just shook her head.

 

 

“I’m fine.” Dara answered and stared back in to the screen.

 

 

Minutes later, Jiyong leaned over to her again.

 

 

“Do you want popcorn? I’m not as selfish as you are. I can give you some of mine.” Jiyong whispered.

 

 

Dara chose to ignore him this time. She acted like she didn’t hear anything at all.

 

 

“Hmmmm…so you’re giving me the cold shoulder now.” Jiyong mused. In a split second, Jiyong placed his arm over Dara’s shoulder and pulled her closer to him. Dara squeaked and Jiyong immediately place a few popcorns in .

 

 

“Lemme show you how a real movie date should be.” Jiyong whispered. Dara struggled to get free from Jiyong but he wouldn’t let her go.

 

 

“Are you cold babe?” Jiyong rubbed Dara’s arms and whispered to her huskily.

 

 

“Let me go.” Dara said shakily and elbowed Jiyong’s ribs making him squirm in pain.

 

 

“Damn you’re a feisty one.” Jiyong chuckled, unaffected by Dara’s attack. He decided to leave Dara alone for around half an hour but he couldn’t help himself. He was already getting bored with the movie and he wanted to have some fun of his own.

 

 

Jiyong took off Dara’s glasses and wore it.

 

 

“Yah! I can’t see clearly.” Dara whispered and faced Jiyong.

 

 

“Don’t worry I’ll let you know what happens next.” Jiyong chuckles and whispers unto Dara, holding her hand, intertwining their fingers.

 

 

“The girl goes in to the house…she touches the door knob and slightly opens the door. She hears a small squeak and stops…she opens the door a bit wider and then a black cat comes out and hisses at her…” Jiyong continues.

 

 

Dara couldn’t take it anymore and so she bites Jiyong’s hand so he’d let go.

 

 

“I’ll just go to the ladies’ room.” Dara whispers to Seung Hyun. She stands up and walks through the movie house blindly. She squinted and tried to see the pathway despite her blurry vision. It was a good thing that there were led lights that lighted the pathway. Her night has become one of her worst nights ever just because of Jiyong. She wanted to scream and cry at the same time.

 

 

She was about to take another step when a warm hand enveloped hers. She didn’t have time to protest because she was already led outside the movie house. When they went outside and the lights were bright, Dara found out that Jiyong was the one leading her out the movie theater.

 

 

Jiyong smiled down at Dara and took off his beanie and made her wear it but he wasn’t planning to give her back her glasses just yet.

 

 

“I’m starting to see why he fancies you so much.” Jiyong whispered to himself.

 

 

“What are you talking about?” Dara asked in annoyance.

 

 

“Nothing. Let’s get out of here. I’m bored with the movie. Let’s go and eat some real food.” Jiyong pulled Dara’s hand, never planning to let it go and led her outside.

 

 

“Wait. What about Kiko and Choi?” Dara tried to pull back.

 

 

“You want them to have qual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter