Unofficially Dating

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

27 - Unofficially Dating

 

 

 

“Are you ready for this Kiko?” Seung Hyun asked her seriously. She could see the caring concern in his eyes. They were about to do the climactic scene in the movie where she shaves her head in front of the mirror. Everyone was tensed and she could feel all the tension through her whole body. She could hear the nervous whispers of the staff and crew and it’s making her feel more nervous.

 

 

Seung Hyun looked into her eyes and smiled at her gently. He held on to her shoulder and gave it a squeeze. She looked up at him and she could see the confidence he had for her.

 

 

“You can do this. I have absolutely no doubt that you can.” Seung Hyun’s low voice resonated into her ears and she felt a sudden burst of confidence rising through her. He patted her hair and gave a thumbs up. Then he turned towards the expectant staff and crew waiting for his call.

 

 

“All right people. This is going to be a very important scene. So I will need everyone’s cooperation. I don’t want anyone to distract Kiko so I’m going to ask everyone out of the room please.” Seung Hyun clapped his hands asking everyone to move out.

 

 

“That includes you Dara. You’ll just make Kiko more nervous. You have somewhere to go to so I’m kicking you out.” Seung Hyun looked at her with a straight face and Dara couldn’t protest anymore.

 

 

“Oh alright.” Dara sighed in defeat. She just went up to Kiko and gave her a very tight hug.

 

 

“You can do this. I believe in you. You’ll do great.” Dara whispered.

 

 

“Thank you unnie…” Kiko thanked her nervously. 

 

 

“Besides, Seung Hyun wants you alone for himself.” Dara winked and turned her back on a shocked and blushing Kiko.

 

 

She walked towards where Jiyong who was waiting for him. He cradled his car keys in his hand while his eyes rested on Dara’s face. His eyes smiled at the sight of Dara making a goofy face after Kiko called out her name because of her teasing.

 

 

“Are you ready to go?” Jiyong asked her, getting up and reaching for her bag that was beside him. She had this clueless look on her face. They never really had any agreement that he was coming along with her itinerary for the day. But ever since they want back to their university, Jiyong has been tagging along on her schedules whenever he can.

 

 

Dara shrugged. She couldn’t exactly name the feeling of uncertainty in her. She feels like she’s floating in happiness whenever Jiyong is around and yet it also had this niggling feeling that he might go away without notice. She couldn’t understand herself.

 

 

“Let’s go?” Jiyong asked again. She just nodded. Jiyong walked towards her and made her wear his beanie. “It’s going to be a little bit cold outside. Wear this.” He carefully placed his beanie on her head and then he wrapped her scarf around her.

 

 

“You’re so cute when you blush.” Jiyong murmured as he pinched her cheeks. Dara scrunched her nose and playfully slapped his hand away.

 

 

“It’s just the cold weather.” She defended. Dara silently thanked the cold weather for her excuse. “Let’s go. I don’t want to be late for my meeting.” She walked ahead of him and she could hear Jiyong chuckling from behind.

 

 

“Sure.” Jiyong called after her teasingly, not believing for a second that she’s telling the truth.

 

 

They both went to the head quarters of a production company. Dara has a meeting with some people that plans to produce the drama that she wrote. She already signed a contract with the company and they were about to finalize the casts of the drama.

 

 

Jiyong got off his car and opened the door for Dara. He smiled at her like a little boy out to play.

 

 

“Are you really planning to tag along the whole day?” Dara asked uncertainly. Jiyong nodded enthusiastically.

 

 

“Sure. Just tell them I’m your assistant.”

 

 

“They’ll recognize you.” Dara said in a matter-of-fact tone.

 

 

“So?” Jiyong blinked innocently. Ever since they started going out again, he didn’t mind being seen in public with Dara. In fact, it was as if he was encouraging being out in public with her. He never cared for the onlookers when they go out and he also made sure that Dara wouldn’t take notice of it too. He reached for her hand and intertwined their fingers.

 

 

“Let’s go.” Jiyong urged.

 

 

They were led by the receptionist to the conference room. Jiyong was very polite and greeted warmly. Not once did he let go of Dara’s hand. The people they come across were already giving them curious glances. Dara felt her face flaming the whole time. She tried to tug her hand away once but Jiyong wouldn’t budge. So she just let him hold her hand. And if she was being really honest, she didn’t want him to let go of her.

 

 

They were greeted by three producers and Jiyong playfully introduced himself as Dara’s new personal assistant which made the producers chuckle.

 

 

“Ms. Park, we were able to finalize the cast earlier this morning. Our main choice for the lead actor just accepted the role earlier this morning and in fact, he’s set to arrive anytime now to sign the contract. He was also hoping he could meet you in person too.” One of the producers said formally. Dara didn’t have any change to respond because the secre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter