Ambushed

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

28 - Ambushed

 

 

Jiyong and Seunghyun were at the YG studio. They were scheduled to record songs for the soundtrack of the movie. The movie is around eighty percent finished. Jiyong and Seunghyun were playing with some beats for a particular scene while waiting for Chaerin to arrive so they could record the song.

 

 

“Do you think the melody of this song will fit scene thirty?” Jiyong asked as he pushed the volume up on the controller. Seunghyun nodded with the beats. He slid his chair next to the controller and made some adjustments. Jiyong smiled in approval and bobbed his head.

 

 

They’ve always worked great together. Jiyong couldn’t imagine how in the world he ever thought he could let their friendship and music go. Seunghyun heard a beep and scratched his head as he looked at the sender of the message.

 

 

“Boss has been badgering me about you.” Seunghyun murmured as he tossed his phone on the couch.

 

 

“About what?” Jiyong asked, but he knew what it was about. He kept on fiddling with the controls.

 

 

“You’re asking me?” Seunghyun shook his head in amusement. Jiyong kept silent.

 

 

“Every news agency out there has been badgering boss for confirmation about your relationship with Dara. He’s come up with the lamest excuse and is still being bugged by the media.”

 

 

“I don’t owe them any explanation. I’m just here to make music. Anything I do in my personal life is none of their business.” JIyong answered stubbornly.

 

 

“I get what you’re saying man. But posting pictures of her on your instagram account would inevitably create interest.”

 

 

“I can post what I want. What I share with them is all up to me. I don’t owe anyone a confirmation at all.” He defended.

 

 

“Boss gets you. That’s why he’s doing as you requested. But somewhere down the line, you can’t avoid those questions once we start promoting our music again.” Jiyong nodded in agreement.

“Does she know that she’s one of the hot topics online?” Seunghyun asked Jiyong and the latter shook his head.

 

 

“She hasn’t gone online on any social media accounts nor any news sites since forever. I don’t think she knows.” Jiyong answered solemnly.

 

 

“Well, good luck with that.” He murmured. Before Jiyong could answer him, Chaerin came in the studio and threw her snapback on the couch right beside Seunghyun’s phone.

 

 

“Are we ready to go?” Chaerin asked as she ran her fingers through her hair.

 

 

“Yep. Go right in.” Seunghyun answered, Chaerin just raised an eyebrow at him and smirked.

 

 

“Geez. Too tensed. Be thankful I’m doing this for free.” Chaerin muttered and went straight to the recording booth.

 

 

Just then, Dara and Kiko went inside the studio. Dara was sporting her usual gear, huge hoodie, tattered jeans, converse high tops and a quirky snapback. Kiko on the other hand was a complete contrast. She wore a simple black dress but she was sporting a pink wig.

 

 

“What do you think?” Kiko fixed her wig while giving a twirl. “Do you think I could actually rock this?” She asked; her eyes on Seunghyun as if his opinion is the only one that mattered. Seunghyun looked at her, he stood up and smiled, fixing a lock of the wig.

 

 

“With or without the wig you’d still look beautiful.” Seunghyun gave a small smile. Kiko couldn’t help but smile upon hearing his answer. She couldn’t hide the happiness in her eyes.

 

 

“Can we stop with the flirting and get on with the damn recording?” Chaerin’s voice interrupted them. Seunghyun gave her a withering glare before ushering Kiko and Dara to the couch so they could start recording.

 

 

“Come on, let’s get this over with. Someone’s got their knickers in a twist.” Seunghyun muttered.

 

 

“Don’t piss me off. I can just walk out of here any damn time I want.” Chaerin roared. Jiyong threw Chaerin’s cap on Seunghyun’s face as they secretly chuckled. Seunghyun wore the hat backwards and they went on with the recording.

 

 

Thankfully, the recording was going well. Jiyong and Seunghyun occasionally asked for Dara and Kiko’s opinion. Dara voiced out some of her take on it but ultimately let the two boys decide.

 

 

They stopped for a moment when Seunghyun got a call from their Boss. He stood up and looked at Jiyong.

 

 

“Let’s go. We’re called to the principal’s office.” Seunghyun announced. Chaerin got out of the recording booth and narrowed her eyes at the two boys.

 

 

“What did you guys do this time?” Chaerin asked, knowing one of them was in trouble.

 

 

“Don’t ask me.” Seunghyun muttered and tapped Jiyong’s shoulder, asking him to go and follow him. Just after the guys went out, Kiko excused herself and went to the ladies room to freshen up.

 

 

Chaerin sat on the chair that was previously occupied by Seunghyun. She reached for her phone and checked her messages. She stole glances at Dara who was just on her laptop typing something. After a few minutes, Dara felt the tension in the air and it distracted her. She stopped typing and noticed Chaerin staring at her.

 

 

“When did you get back together with Jiyong?” Chaerin asked without any hint of hesitation. Dara blinked a few times and she had to let Chaerin’s question sync in.

 

 

Chaerin leaned on her chair and placed her feet on the table, while she rested her head rested on her arms, her eyes never leaving Dara.

 

 

“Uhmm...we’re actually not....together...yet...” Dara answered hesitantly.

 

 

“So going out on dates regularly, posting your pictures on his instagram account, talking about you all the time and smiling to himself like an idiot is just Jiyong being delusional?” Chaerin raised an eyebrow at her enquiringly.

 

 

“We’ve never really talk about it.” Dara’s voice trailed off.

 

 

“Look I’m not really meddling with your affairs...It’s just that...Jiyong is like a brother to me. And I’m the type of person to protect my family. I can see you’re a really great person. Coz if you weren’t, Jiyong wouldn’t be this crazy about you...”

 

 

“I just...Jiyong’s the extremist t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter