Finale

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

31 - Finale

 

 

 

Hi.

You’re probably wondering why I randomly made an update after all my years of absence.

 

Well, Starwars Episode 7 just came out. Of course I can’t pass that up.

So I figured the rest of you, like all other Starwars Geek out there, are wondering or possibly arguing your respective theories on the parentage of Rey. I have theories of my own but one thing we’re pretty much sure now is that Rey’s parents wasn’t on Episode 7...That narrows it down does it? J

 

 

 

"Hey...we’re almost there at the hotel.” Jiyong murmured and peered over her shoulder. Dara closed her laptop after saving the draft.

 

 

Dara and Jiyong were on their way to a hotel in Jeju. They received a random call from Seung Hyun demanding that it was of utmost importance that they both go to Jeju and clear their schedule.

 

 

They were both greeted by the manager of a small exclusive hotel and were escorted to their hotel suite. The manager also informed them that as per Seung Hyun’s instructions, they have about one hour to get ready and their assigned chauffer will be waiting for them at the lobby.

 

 

Dara walked around the hotel suite and found a peach coloured dress carefully laid down the bed. It also had a matching shoes and a beautiful flower crown. She reached for the little post it note on top of the dress.

 

 

Wear this.

I will never forgive you if you don’t wear this.

See you soon Unnie!

xoxo

-Kiko

 

 

 

Dara begrudgingly wore the peach coloured dress. Well at least the shoes Kiko chose were flat and open. She let her hair down and looked at herself in the mirror as she placed the flower crown on top of her head. Although she’s never ever going to learn how to put on complicated make ups, she’s been learning to put on proper lip and cheek tint and some mascara. She took a deep breath after putting her last coat of mascara and looked at the finished product in the mirror.

 

 

She smiled genuinely. She looked beautiful.

 

 

Jiyong was still getting ready. He usually takes longer to get ready so Dara was pretty much used to it. Dara reached for her phone and saw Hayi calling her.

 

 

After their first encounter at the coffee shop, Dara met Hayi a few more times after that. She learned that Hayi is a college student at Seoul University taking up Literary Arts. Dara offered to give Hayi a part time job as her personal assistant and Hayi eagerly accepted. She’s handling her schedule now.

 

 

“Hey Hayi what’s up?” Dara asked. She stood up and placed her necessities in a little peach coloured pouch while talking to Hayi.

 

 

“You have a dinner meeting tomorrow with the CJES producers for the new movie. You think you can make it or shall I cancel?” Hayi asked.

 

 

“I think I can. Have you booked my ticket back to Seoul?” Dara asked back.

 

 

“Jiyong said he’ll take care of it. I checked with his manager and you guys are booked for a flight back around lunch time. No news on who’s going to pick you up. It’ll probably be Jiyong’s service.” Hayi informed. Dara shook her head .

 

 

“Too much of a hassle riding his service with all his fans tailing us. Can you arrange to pick us up? You have my car keys.”

 

 

“Unnie, I don’t have my license yet.” Hayi groaned.

 

 

“I’ll talk to Jiyong about it. Okay. Bye.” Dara replied.

 

 

Just then, Jiyong came out of the bathroom.

 

 

“Wow. Just wow.” Jiyong stretched out his hand to hold hers. He lifted her arm and twirled her around, love spilling in his eyes as he looked at her.

 

 

“My girlfriend is a total knock out.” Jiyong admired and planted a kiss on her lips. He wound his arms around her waist and pulled her closer for a warm embrace.

 

 

“I know right.” Dara shot back with a wink. “You’re one lucky guy.” Jiyong laughed endearingly.

 

 

“Yes I am. I totally am.” Jiyong responded and planted another kiss on her lips.

 

 

*****

 

 

Jiyong and Dara were led to a secluded part of a beach in Jeju. The driver stopped near the beach and they found a path of flowers leading to the beach. There were lanterns and flowers and by the shore was an arc of flowers and a few chairs neatly placed on each side.              

 

 

“What’s the meaning of this?” Dara asked Jiyong and the latter looked just as clueless as she is.

 

 

“Oh finally!” Seung Hyun appeared in front of them looking nervous as hell.

 

 

“Choi. You better have a good explanation for all of this.” Dara warned and crossed her arms over her chest.

 

 

“Everyone’s ready. Jiyong let’s go to the front and Dara go to that little hut over there. Kiko’s waiting for you there.” Seung Hyun uttered nervously. Dara lightly tapped Seung Hyun’s cheeks to get his attention. He finally looked at her getting his attention.

 

 

“I’m marrying her today. You’re the maid of honor and Jiyong’s the best man. Our parents are here already. We wanted a small and intimate wedding. Both of you were so busy with your schedules that we couldn’t let you know until the last minute.” Seung Hyun explained.

 

 

“What? When did this happen!?” Dara asked flabbergasted.

 

 

“I confessed to her that night she got back from her date with Woobin’s friend. I couldn’t wait to share the rest of my life with her so I asked her to marry me the week after. And now we’re getting married today. Got it?” Seung Hyun sighed heavily then tapped Jiyong’s shoulder.

 

 

“I need time to process this.” Dara was still shocked with what Seung Hyun announced.

 

 

“Well you can process that in the little hut over there with Kiko. No more questions. Let’s make this as fast as possible. Kiko might still wake up and decide not to marry a loser like me.” Seung Hyun pushed Dara towards the hut while he led Jiyong towards the arc of flowers.

 

 

Dara found Kiko looking at herself in a long mirror. She also looked nervous but Dara could see the excitement spilling from her eyes. Kiko turned around as soon as she saw Dara from the mirror and embraced her tightly.

 

 

“Wow. You’re getting married. That fast.” It was all Dara could say.

 

 

“Now no crying. You might ruin your make up.” Dara scolded playfully while caressing Kiko’s back.

 

 

“Waterproof.” Kiko responded, shedding tears of joy.

 

 

“You look absolutely beautifull. You’re by far the most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen.”

 

 

“Thank you unnie.”

 

 

“What is up with the whole secret wedding thing? And I didn’t even get to prepare your bridal shower. You just went ahead and ambushed me to be your maid of honor.” Dara muttered.

 

 

“You’ve become so busy the past couple of weeks so we didn’t want to put too much on your plate. Besides, Seung Hyun and I wanted to do this with our own efforts.”

 

 

“You’re both lucky to have each other but you know that already. I’m just so happy for you.” Dara said honestly.

 

 

“Now let’s get you married.” She held Kiko’s hands and took a deep breath before coming out towards the beach.

 

 

Dara watched her two best friends recite their vows. Their love for each other was so strong she could almost feel it. Her two best friends are getting married and she couldn’t help but feel so happy for them.

 

 

Jiyong gently wiped her tears as he stood beside her.

 

 

“I never thought you’re the one to cry at weddings...” He murmured.

 

 

“They’re both my best friends. I know it sounds selfish and all...I fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter