Incorrigible

The Real Red Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

4 - Incorrigible

 

 

 

 

Dara woke up after around four hours of sleep. She finished watching the Romeo and Juliet movie last night with Kiko. That was their favorite movie. They usually watch that at least every once a month during their bonding time. It’s their go to movie when they feel down. She posted a quick review about it before she slept.

 

 

She was stretching on her bed and was trying to find her phone under her pillow so she could turn the snooze on her phone alarm.

 

 

She groaned as noticed the time. It was already six in the morning and she still had a class at seven. Kiko just walked out from the bathroom, she was drying her hair with a towel.

 

 

“Unnie you don’t want to be late for your class again.” Kiko reminded her as she walked towards Dara’s bed.

 

 

“Just give me five minutes more…” Dara moaned, covering her head with her blanket. Kiko stealthily snatches the blanket away from her, dragging it all up to the floor.

 

 

“Kikooooooooo!!!” Dara complained.

 

 

“Come on unnie. Go and take a bath. I’ll prepare breakfast. We have a long day today. Today is Thursday!!!” Kiko said gleefully.

 

 

“So?” Dara scratches her hair and sits up her bed grumpily. Kiko looks at her in surprise and gasps.

 

 

“Unnie it’s Seung Hyun’s birthday. We’re watching his gig tonight. You promised…” Kiko almost had that disappointing look on her face that Dara didn’t want to see. She just couldn’t resist her best friend being disappointed.

 

 

“We’re going. I promised. I just forgot it was today.” Dara mumbled. Kiko launched herself at Dara and embraced her.

 

 

“Unnie!!! You’re the best!!!” Kiko giggled.

 

 

“Aisht!!! You’re still wet!!!” Dara complained but didn’t push her away, instead she just smiled inwardly, satisfied that she made her best friend happy. She grabbed her phone and looked at her twitter account and saw a direct message from Jiyong. Without thinking, she opened the message forgetting that Kiko was still there beside her. She felt this unexplainable excitement in wanting to read Jiyong’s message.

 

 

@red_lotus: you seriously like that movie? I’m beginning to think I was right all along in thinking you have an awful taste.

 

 

She quickly replied, smiling as she types. Jiyong and Dara have been communicating through direct message on twitter for the past few days just annoying each other and sending random tweets to each other.

                                

 

                      @IBGDRGN: and says the guy who likes watching Sesame Street when depressed.

 

 

“You’re still tweeting each other? Didn’t I tell you to stop replying to him? He’s a jerk.” Kiko looked at Dara with a serious expression on her face as if she was scolding her little sister.

 

 

“I know you’re worried about me Kiko but there’s no way he can hurt me. He doesn’t know who I am…and he never will…” Dara smiled assuring her bestfriend although deep inside she wasn’t sure of it herself.

 

 

“I’m just worried about you. He’s the kind of guy you should stay away from. He’s shallow, he’s a player and he’s a douche bag.” Kiko genuinely looked worried for her bestfriend.

 

 

“Relax. I’m not going to be stupid to let him hurt me. And besides, if he tries to hurt me, you’ll protect me right? You’ll be there to protect me so I don’t have to worry.” Dara grinned at her bestfriend. She immediately got up and grabbed her towel just so that they could stop the conversation all together.

 

 

“Go ahead and prepare our breakfast. I’ll be done in fifteen minutes!” Dara called back. Kiko just shook her head and got up so she could dress up for school.

 

 

*****


 

Dara reluctantly held on to Kiko’s arm as they stood in front of the club where Seung Hyun would be having their gig. People were already piling up. Some were familiar faces from the university while others looked like they were from different schools. Most girls were dressed up provocatively with full on make ups while Kiko decided to wear a little black dress she made herself and a modest make up. She looked beautiful and angelic. Dara on the other hand, much to Kiko’s protests, insisted on wearing a vintage Rolling Stone black shirt, ripped jeans, black Chuck Taylor’s and her hair was tied up in a bun, her glasses still on. Dara looked like she was going to a rock concert.

 

 

“Unnie…you can’t back out now. You promised Seung Hyun you’d watch him today.” Kiko reminded her.

 

 

“Ugh. I swear you and Choi make a really good pair because you keep on bullying me.” Dara complained. Kiko chuckles and tugs her inside the club excitedly.

 

 

They went straight to the bar the moment they got in. Since they both had early classes the following morning, they just both decided to order apple cider.

 

 

“This is what I hate about going in to clubs. It stink smoke and it’s too crowded.” Dara muttered crossing her arms over her chest as she sat on one of the stools. Kiko just stands in front of her and holds her hand.

 

 

“You’ll finally see how great he is when he raps. It’s like he turns into a totally different person. On stage, he looks so fierce and unreachable but the moment he steps out of the stage, he transforms into his friendly goofy self again.” Kiko clasps her hands together with Dara’s. Dara rolls her eyes and sticks out her tongue.

 

 

“Stop it Kiko. Ugh. I can never think of Choi that way. The reason why we got close is because we both like sitting on the back of the classrooms so we could sleep. He drools when he sleeps.” Dara utters as she sips on to her apple cider.

 

 

“PAAAAAAARRRRRRRKKKK!!!” A loud growling voice resonated from across the club. Dara’s head immediately shot up and recognized Seung Hyun’s distinct voice. She saw him dashing through to them while Jiyong was shaking his head following him behind.

 

 

“What did I get myself in to?” Dara whispered.

 

 

Seung Hyun walked towards them excitedly, the grin on his face so obvious that it could light up the whole club.

 

 

“You came Park! I can’t believe it. You actually came!!!” Seung Hyun held on to her shoulders and shook her body.

 

 

“Duh. You practically emotionally blackmailed me and said you’d be so disappointed if I didn’t watch you.” Dara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter