Twenty nine

Realization

The next morning I got a text in my inbox before my alarm even went off. I sleepily grabbed my phone and read the text. Jonghyun texted and said he’d drive me to school. I accepted the offer and went back to sleep. But right when my brain started to shut down the vibration from the phone woke it up again. Apparently Hongki also wanted to drive me to school. I told him Jonghyun was driving me and once again I tried to get back to sleep. Damn it! Another text from Hongki made me wake up. Okay, he was driving me to work was I allowed to sleep now!? I lay down and closed my eyes and… the alarm went off. Ugh… I groaned and sat up, I better take a shower so I can wake up…

 

“Morning _____-ah,” Jonghyun sang when I got in the car.

“Morning,” I mumbled and stifled a yawn. Jonghyun smiled.

“Tired?” Yeah, you woke me up, I wanted to say, but I didn’t have heart to spoil his good mood. “Good thing I’m driving you so you wouldn’t sleepwalk out in the street.”

“Yeah…”

“Do you need a ride to work this afternoon?”

“Hongki oppa is driving me.”

“Oh, then I’ll just drive you home tonight,” he smiled. I nodded saying that was great in my own sleepy way.

 

This “thing" kept on going. It was like Hongki and Jonghyun competed in who could wake me up the earliest. Everyday the first text came earlier and earlier. And everyday I got more and more grumpy. I needed my beauty sleep, okay?

It had almost been a week and this morning I had woken up 5.30 of a text from Hongki. But I had already promised Jonghyun he could drive me to school, so I said he could drive me this afternoon instead.

“Are you tired _____-ah?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yeah, I’ve been awake for a while…” you answered.

“Okay, had to fix your make up did you?” Jonghyun teased. I glared at him. I didn’t even put on make up today.

“Anyway…” Jonghyun changed the subject when he saw the un-amused look I gave him. “Do you need a ride to work this afternoon?”

“Whatever,” I said and leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes. Something kept nagging in the back of my head.  Had I forgotten something?

 

When I got out on the parking lot after my last class I found both my oppas standing there talking to each other. Just when I was about to call out to them I saw Jonghyun lift his fist and hit Hongki right in the face making him fall to the ground. I started running towards them.

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

When I arrived at _____-ah’s school I spotted Hongki standing by his car at the parking lot and glancing towards the school entrance. He looked like he was waiting for someone. I pulled up on a free spot close to him and stepped out of my car. I noticed that Hongki was watching me but I tried to ignore him, but when he walked up to me it was kind of difficult…

 

“What are you doing here?” Hongki asked. Nice to meet you too…

“I’m waiting for _____-ah,” I said in a calm voice. Hongki gave a small smile, or was it a smirk?

“Well, sorry to break it to you but I’m driving _____-ah to work today.” That was definitely a smirk he was showing to me. I smirked back.

“No, I’m pretty sure that _____ was clear that I was the one to drive her to work. She told me when I drove her this morning…” ooh, I’m good, I could see jealousy and frustration spread like a venom in his body and his facial expression got dark.

“According to the text she sent me this morning I’m the one to drive her…” Hongki said in a controlled voice.

“Sorry man, I’m today’s driver,” I stated. Why would I believe him? She had told me face to face. Hongki growled at me and picked his phone and shoved it in my face.

 

HONGKI’S POV

I shoved my phone in Jonghyun’s too satisfied face and showed him the text I received this morning. There you go you bastard…

“Clearly I’m driving.” I put my phone down and smiled at him, okay I smirked. He deserved it.

“Well, she told me face to face that she wanted me to drive her.” Jonghyun said. What a sad try…

“Do you have any proof?” I asked casually and looked at him. His face got a dark expression.

“Are you implying that I’m lying?” That was in rhyme…

“No, I’m just asking for a proof. If you don’t have any then we can just say that this battle is over and I won, I’m going to be her driver to work.” Could I be any clearer?

“What battle? She’s not a trophy to be won,” Jonghyun growled. He’s just mad that he lost.

“Well, I’m not letting my girl ride with a liar,” I stated.

“I’m not lying and she’s not your girl.” I glanced at Jonghyun who was glaring furiously at me. I smirked.

“Not yet.” There you go smart boy, have a taste of your own medicine.

“Can’t you come up with anything of your own?” Of course I could, what sort of lame argument was that? Just because I had stolen one line.

“She won’t choose you, you know,” I said. I wasn’t able to read his facial expression.

“Why?” I smirked at him.

“Because, when she tastes her first kiss with me today, you’ll have no chance.”

 

I didn’t even have time to react before I had Jonghyun’s knuckles in my face and I fell on the ground. Damn it. I touched my lip. It was bleeding. I glared at Jonghyun and then glanced to my side and saw _____ come running towards us. I looked back at Jonghyun and smirked.

“She’s mine now.”

 

“Jonghyun! What the HELL are you doing?”