Three

Realization

“You’re very quite today.” Hongki looked at me from his seat behind the wheel. “Did something happen yesterday?” I thought about my little almost-accident and that Jonghyun guy.

“No, nothing happened. How was your date?” I looked out the car window. Hongki didn’t answer. I turned to look at him, and my fears grew as the smile on Hongki’s face got bigger.

“Surprisingly…” he gave me a shy glare. “…It went well.” His happy face almost made me want to throw up.

“Great oppa, you finally found someone that suits your style?” I looked down at my trembling hands.

“Seems like it. I’d like to give it a try.”

 

This was it. I was screwed. Totally screwed. He’d found his destined girl and I had no chance whatsoever to get him now.

 

Hongki parked the car outside our school and I was out before he even had time to turn of the engine. I slammed the door and hurried towards the school and my classes for today. I heard Hongki calling my name behind me but I didn’t care. I felt like crying. I felt very much like crying, but somehow I managed to hold my tears back.

 

I felt someone grabbing my bag and stop my rampage.

“Wait! What’s wrong? Did something happen? Have I done something wrong?” Hongki turned me to face him.

“Tell me ______!” I suddenly felt angry. Couldn’t I feel sad once in a while? I pushed away his hands.

“I already told you: nothing is wrong!” I shouted in his face.

“Quit the bull ______. Don’t you think I can tell that there’s something wrong when you’re yelling at me like that?” Hongki crossed his arms over his chest and looked at me, angrily but also confused. I felt so frustrated. Didn’t he know me at all? We had been friends since forever, how could he not have noticed?

“Don’t you understand?” I yelled at him. “You’ve known me since forever but still you don't understand me at all. You've got to be stupid not to get this! And if you’re actually that stupid, then I don’t want to waste my time on this conversation!” Did he understand that I was talking about how much I liked him?

“What!?” Hongki waved his hands in frustration. “How am I supposed to understand anything when you’re talking in riddles? Well, I guess I am stupid then, because you have to explain it to me.”

“You know what… forget it. Forget I ever said anything. Forget this ever happened,” I said. All my anger had disappeared as sudden as it had appeared. I turned away and started to walk, my eyes flooded with tears. I heard his voice behind me.

“I don’t understand.”

 

HONGKI’S POV

What the hell was this about? I looked at her back as she walked away from me. Had I done something wrong? She said there was nothing wrong… yeah right! Then why on earth was she yelling at me like that just now?

I felt really crappy, like it was all my fault.

“I don’t understand.”

 

 

_________’s POV

I was standing in front of the mirror in the girl's bathroom trying to hide that I’d been crying.

“That’ll do,” I said and went out of the bathroom.

 

BoA and SoEun was waiting for me outside the classroom door.

“You’re late,” SoEun noted.

“I know,” I said as we sat down in the back of the classroom.

“You’re never late,” BoA pointed out.

“I had a fight with Hongki,” I simply said.

“What!?” BoA and SoEun looked at me with big eyes.

“You had a fight? That’s never happened before, right?” BoA put on a strange face.

“There’s always a first.”

“What was it about? Did he do something?” SoEun asked with a calm soft voice. I sighed. What could I tell my friends? That I was almost choking on my jealousy right now because Hongki had found himself a girl? No way, I’d have to come up with something. I opened my mouth and said the first thing that popped up in my head.

“I almost got into an accident yesterday, so I guess I’m still a bit upset. I’ll go apologize to him later,” I felt bad for lying, but I didn’t want them to know the truth. I didn’t want anyone to know the truth.

“Wait, what!? An accident!?” BoA exclaimed.

“Quiet!” the teacher hushed angrily at us.

“What happened?” BoA asked without caring about our teacher’s rebuke.

“Calm down already, I’m here now aren’t I? I just, accidentally stepped out on a very travelled street and almost got hit by a car.”

“You’re talking about this like you’re talking about the weather,” BoA hissed at me.

“Almost? How did you get away,” SoEun asked quietly.

“I… someone saved me," I answered in a low voice.

“Someone…? This sounds interesting,” BoA lifted one eyebrow.

“Let’s take this after class,” I said when our teacher gave us a killing glare.

 

“So… spill it!” BoA said eagerly as we sat down in the cafeteria for lunch.

“Well… there was this blonde guy who came out of nowhere and pulled me out of the way.”

“This blonde guy?” BoA looked interested. “I need more details, does Blondie have a name?”

“Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun.” All three of us sat silent after this last sentence.

“How brave of him,” BoA sighed and leaned forward, supporting her head in her hands.

“So romantic...” SoEun said and did the same.

“He even followed me home.” I felt a little proud being able to tell this story to my friends. Things like this didn’t happen every day… Thinking about it, it was actually a very romantic and exciting story. It sounded like something that could happen in a drama or someone's dreamy fanfic… But, was I ever going to be able to see him again and reciprocate the favour?

 

BoA and SoEun followed me to the school gates.

“You’ll have to confront him yourself.” BoA gave me an encouraging push in the right direction. Towards Hongki’s car.

“Better sooner than later,” SoEun smiled at me. “Good luck.”

 

I hesitantly walked across the parking lot and stopped outside the door to the driver’s seat. Hongki opened the car door and got out.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ahahs , I'm going away for a few days now and wont be able to update "/ but I'll be back on monday to post some more lame chapters XD

byees ~~