Sixteen

Realization

I lay down on my bed after Jonghyun had dropped me off at home. I felt exhausted. Since when was my life so filled with action?

 

I reached for my cell phone lying at the bedside table. I flipped it open. Wa! 16 missed calls!? Who could’ve called me that many times? No one ever called me… BoA had called me once, SoEun twice and my mom had tried to call me twice too. The rest of them were from… Hongki oppa? He had sent me a text too.

 

“Are you okay? Did you get home safely? Let me know you’re alive.”

 

Had he been worried about me? What was with him lately? He’d been acting really weird ever since, I don’t know, since I met Jonghyun the first time. Had something happened that I didn’t know off? Maybe it was our fight… I put the phone away, leaned back on my pillows and stared at the ceiling. My head hurt from all the thinking.

 

I woke up to the sound of my phone. I had fallen asleep? I sleepily looked at the display. Hongki oppa, again? I flipped my phone open to answer, but before I had the chance to say anything he shouted from the other side of the line.

“Finally you’re answering your phone! Where the hell have you been!? Answer me!!!” Hongki sounded furious.

“Oppa, calm down. Jonghyun oppa has been taking good care of me. I’m fine,” I said soothingly.

“Jonghyun!? He didn’t do anything, right? He made sure you got home, right? Do you have any idea how worried I have been!?” Hongki yelled.

“Yes oppa, this is the twelfth time you’re calling me…” Hongki made a pause in his scolding.

“Well… I was worried!”

“You don’t have to worry anymore. I’m at home and alive and I’ve never been better.” That last part was a lie. My head felt like a ticking bomb ready to explode, but Hongki would be better off not knowing that.

“And you’re sure Jonghyun didn’t do anything to you yesterday…”

“100%! I answered. He hadn’t done anything, that I knew of… but I didn’t feel like telling Hongki about our little sleepover. At least this wasn’t the best of times to let him know…

“That’s good then. I’ll come over and check on you later on, okay?”

“Okay, oppa.”

“See you _____-ah.” We hung up and I lay down again. I better rest and prepare for our meeting.