Twenty one

Realization

Jonghyun drove us in to town and he parked the car close to a park in the centre of town. He opened the door for me and I got out. When I stood up I felt really dizzy and almost lost my balance. Jonghyun grabbed my arm.

“Are you okay? Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea…”

“I’m fine, I just stood up a bit too fast,” I said. “But maybe it would be best if I could hold onto your arm…?” I added shyly. Jonghyun smiled and obediently held out his arm and I linked mine with it.

 

Jonghyun led me to a café in the park.

“Would you like something?” he asked politely.

“How about some ice cream?” I smiled and felt like a child.

“Sounds great.” We both ordered chocolate ice cream with chocolate flavored sprinkles.

“It’s the best,” Jonghyun said, and I couldn’t do anything else but agree. He was right.

 

We strolled along a path in the park and we reached a playground. I love playgrounds!

“A swing!” I exclaimed as I let go of Jonghyun and rushed to the swing. I sat on it and continued to eat my ice cream. Jonghyun walked up to me and gently gave the swing a push.

 

Jonghyun pushed the swing higher and higher. I could feel the wind blowing in my hair. I started to laugh merrily.

“It’s really hard to eat ice cream like this you know,” I said as I tried to the ice cream.

“I can see that.” Jonghyun laughed at me and slowly stopped the swing. He walked around me and stood before me with an amused smile playing on his lips.

“What?” I asked uncomfortable when he just kept looking at me.

“You have ice cream on your face,” he said.

Embarrassing

“Where?” I asked as I tried to wipe it off blindly.

“Right there.” He stretched out a hand and wiped it away from the corner of my lips. I blushed. He chuckled and let his hand drop to his side. He looked at me hesitantly.

“_____, I …” he began.

“_____-ah?” Jonghyun and I looked up at the owner of the voice.

 

Hongki oppa?

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

Hongki, what was he doing here? My good mood disappeared in less than a nanosecond. Why did he have to come and interrupt? I glanced at _____, had risen from the swing and now she was standing beside me looking at Hongki with Yuri by his side. She looked like her life was about to be torn into pieces. I looked at Hongki and then turned my gaze back to her. That was when I realized. To her Hongki is more than only her best friend, just as Hongki thought about her…

 

Yuri smiled and slightly bowed her head. I did the same while _____ stood motionless by my side.

“What are you doing?” Hongki asked wanting to sound casual and relaxed. Such a fake. Neither _____ nor I answered.

“… Are you… on a date?” Hongki asked suspiciously when he didn’t get any answer. I didn’t hesitate a second before making a move.

“Yeah we are, so what?” I lied and protectively slung an arm around _____’s shoulders trying to make it look casual. I could feel her flinch at my words. Please, just play along I tried to telepathically tell her.

 

Hongki looked at _____.

“Are you… dating?” he asked. What was he doing? He was doing a terrible job hiding his jealousy to the world, was he even trying? Did he even think about Yuri’s feelings?

 

I could feel _____’s arm wrap my waist.

“Yes, we are dating, and we have to go… now,” she said with a determined face. Way to go _____-ah!

 

Hongki, _____ is mine now…

 

_____’S POV

After I’d lied to Hongki and his girlfriend I felt this urge to get away from him and his girlfriend.

“Sorry Hongki, we’re going to see a movie… let’s go oppa,” I said and dragged Jonghyun away in the opposite direction.

 

, , ! Why did they have to show up? I had been having such a great time with Jonghyun. I wasn’t sad anymore, only pissed off. I was pissed at myself. Why didn’t I just forget him? He had no feelings for me at all, so why couldn’t I move on? Bull! I could, and I would!