One

Realization

I was standing on the corner of the street waiting for him. I jumped a little on the spot to stay warm in the rainy weather as I looked out for his car.

‘Damn that guy, always late,’ I thought annoyed. Just then I spotted his black sports car at the end of the road. Finally!

 

Hongki cranked down the car window and smiled at me.

“Get in,” he said and opened the door to the passenger seat from the inside. I got in the car, thankful for the warmth.

“Go, or we’re going to be late,” I said with my eyes on the road, rubbing my bare arms to get them warm.

“I’m sorry, did you wait for me long?” he looked at me with worried eyes and drove off. I just grunted for an answer.

“But _____-ah! Of course you’re cold… You should at least have put on a sweater or something, you’re not dressed for this weather. What were you thinking going out dressed like that?” he looked at me sleeveless top and the short skirt. He reached for something in the backseat.

“Here, take this,” he said and handed me a black hoodie. What’s the point of dressing up when he always hides me underneath these huge sweaters?

“I’m fine,” I pouted not wanting the sweater.

“Just take it _____, or you’ll get sick.” I didn’t want to make him angry and did as I was told. I was muttering dissatisfied while pulling the hoodie over my head, but I still couldn’t resist breathing in his smell that was still on the sweater…

 

We arrived at the school. He parked the car and quickly got out to open the door for me. He helped me out of the car and walked me to my locker.

Hongki leaned against the wall as I took my books and put them in my bag together with the hoodie. I swung the bag over my shoulder.
See you later then oppa.” I smiled at him, ready to make my way to class.

“”Actually…” Hongki cleared his throat. “I can’t drive you home today.” He gave me a guilty look.

“Oh… why not?” I asked and tried to hide my suspicions.

“I kind of have a date tonight.” Hongki looked at me nervously. I felt a sting of disappointment and jealousy in my chest. I hid it with a smile.

“that’s… that’s great oppa! Who is the lucky girl?” I asked with fake enthusiasm. Hongki gave me a childish happy smile.

“Just someone I met at a party a few weeks ago… are you sure there’s no problem with me leaving you at school?” he scratched the back of his head.

“Oppa! Of course there’ll be no problem. I’ll be fine, I promise,” I laughed at his silliness. Okay, I was jealous at the girl he was going to meet but I could still take me home myself! Hongki gave a sigh and then smiled at me.

“That’s good then. Wish me luck,” he started to walk towards his class, but suddenly turned to me again. “Be careful on your way home!”

“Oppa,” I sighed. “I’ll be careful, I promise.”

 

I watched his back as he left.

“I’m sooo jealous! He’s so worried about you,” someone squealed behind me. I turned around and faced my two friends, BoA and SoEun. “Aren’t you jealous?” BoA asked SoEun and then kept on whining. SoEun just nodded.

“Yah, knock it of already! We’re just friends,” I smiled.

“Come on! Admit that you want it to be more than just friendship,” BoA clung to my arm. I blushed a bit.

“NO!”

“You’re blushing. Look SoEun, she’s blushing!” BoA kept on teasing me, but I would never admit my crush on Lee Hong Ki. Ever.