Dark Alley

Quiet & troublemaker

After a long moment of silence, Woo Bin walked away.  Yu Jin stayed on the rooftop, trying to think.  What would have happen if I had said culprit?  I don't know what to believe anymore!  It was only yesterday that I saw him.  How can that much happen in such a short time?  Why me?  Why do I have to be dragged into this?

She decided to go back to class before it starts, when she came in, Kim Woo Bin wasn't there.  He probably went home, that idiot won't pass school, he's never here.  The teacher came in and Yu Jin sat down.  Let's forget about him, Seo Yu Jin.  Let's concentrate and listen to the teacher.

The day passed really slow and finally the bell rang, indicating the end of class.  She decided to go to the library, like she always do.  Lost in her reading, Yu Jin didn't see the time pass.  She looked at her watch, it was 1AM.  .  It's so late!

She was walking in the street, the night life already begun.  Some people were already drunk.  She was getting anxious, she knew she shouldn't be here at this time, but she had to go home.  Suddenly, an old man stopped her and smirked at her, he obviously had drink more then one bottle of soju.

-Hello, beautiful.  What are you doing here this late?  Maybe, you want to get some money!

-N-no, sir.  I'm not.

She knew she was in trouble, she tried to walk away, but the man stopped her.

-Don't be shy, come with me.

He dragged her in a dark alley and started to touch her face with his hand.  He leaned closer to kiss her, Yu Jin turned her head and at the same time, the man fell down.  She looked up and saw another person.  It was so dark, she couldn't see who it was.  The shadow grabbed her hand and dragged her into the street.  He kept holding her hand and walking fast.  She could only see the back of the person.  He was tall and was wearing ripped jeans and a white shirt.  They finally arrived in a quieter street, the man finally turned to face her.  He looked at Yu Jin with a serious and worried look.  Yu Jin opened in shock.  Why is he here?

-What are you doing here at this time?, he asked.

-I-I didn't saw the time pass, I was reading at the library...

-Shouldn't you be more cautious!?  You could have screamed or something?!  Are you stupid or innocent?!!, he started screaming at her, THAT MAN, You don't know what he could have done to you!?  There was so many person in the street, you could have screamed for help, or kicked him down there!

-I was too shocked...  I d-didn't know what to do.

She started to cry, she was so scared but felt so relieved at the same time.  Woo Bin sighed.

-Stop crying....  You're safe now.

She didn't stop crying, she couldn't control herself.  She then felt two arms around her, Woo Bin hugged her.

-Stop crying, I can't stand it.  You're okay now.

She slowly stopped crying...

-c-culprit, she said in a whisper.

-What?

-What if I had said you were a culprit?

-Then, I would have been the culprit.

-How can you be innocent and culprit...  You lied somewhere.  I want to know the truth.

-I'm not lying, you saw me last night.  You can say I'm innocent and not talk about it.  Or you can say I'm the murderer and tell people.  Don't you get it?, he stepped back from her, if the police ask people if they saw something.  Your answer could make me innocent or the killer.

-But, what happened?  What really happened?  You did saw the murder, that I know,  but were you a spectator or the murderer?