Not Enough

Quiet & troublemaker

Yu Jin arrived home and opened the cardboard box full of little dolls. She stayed up late at night to sew the black buttons. She had done 100 of them, which was about $200. She woke up in the morning and looked at the happy dolls.. She had finished so many of them but she still made so little money. She looked at the clock on her wall and realized she was going to be late to school. She jumped in her uniform while trying to brush her teeth. Her parents would kill her if she didn't attend school properly. As she came out of her house, Woo Bin was waiting for her. Of course! He had told her not to go out alone.. She shouldn't be surprised to see him. But he wasn't wearing his uniform and had dark circles under his eyes.

 

-Are you not going to school?

 

-I have to work..

 

-Right..

 

They looked at each other for a moment. And he turned around and started walking, hands in his pockets. She followed him until they arrived at school. He made sure Yu Jin walked in the school before continuing his way.

 

*

 

The next days were the same. Yu Jin went to school, worked, sew buttons and went to sleep. Woo Bin brought Yu Jin to school and went to work. It was the evening before the day you were supposed to give the $8000. So they decided to meet up. Both of them looked at the money they had earned. There was $5000. This week, there was so much silence between both of them that it almost started to feel natural. There was $3000 missing... They wouldn't be able to do that in one day.

 

-I'm so sorry, Yu Jin-ah... I make you work and put you in danger. I shouldn't have let you in.. I'm so stupid sometimes!

 

-It's okay.. I'm the one who insisted on being with you. And I don't mind helping you and working!

 

-I do. I mind. It makes me feel like a beggar.

 

He was getting angry and she could feel it. His hands were clenched and his strong jaw was tight. He laughed, she wasn't sure why. He was probably feeling overwhelmed. What will happen tomorrow? That man said he'd hurt me, right? This is so complicated! Woo Bin was now looking at her with sad eyes. His eyes were getting watery, but no tears were falling. She knew he felt bad and was scared. She was scared too. She didn't know how to reassure him, maybe because there was no good coming from this situation. There wasn't a positive side to look at.

 

-Maybe we can borrow money from someone else?

 

-I tried asking, but people around me don't want to. And no loan sharks would lend me money when I already owe money to some other ..

 

-So there's really nothing to do?

 

-I don't think so.. I'm sorry..

 

-It's okay.. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

 

***

 

They arrived at the meeting place. It was an abandoned building in the middle of nowhere. Great. The man was already there, with him there were a few other men. They were all wearing black suits. Yu Jin was nervous, her hands were sweating and her legs shaking. Woo Bin was walking so close to her that their shoulders were touching. He wanted to protect her as much as possible. When they arrived in front of them, the man put his hand out. Woo Bin put the money in his hand, looking at him with a frown on his face and dark eyes. The man arched an eyebrow as he was counting the money. Woo Bin held his breath and too Yu Jin's hand.

 

-Where's the rest of my money?

 

-A week is not enough time..

 

-Well I want my money, and you don't have it. But what you do have... Is a cute girl that I could sell.

 

Yu Jin's leg gave up and Woo Bin stopped breathing.

 

-You're going to sell her..?

 

-What did you think I would do to her? I'm not the kind to hit a woman!

 

Two of the guys with the man walked toward Yu Jin. Woo Bin stepped in front of her and the two men. The tallest one hit him and with one punch he was on the ground. They both picked Yu Jin up and dragged her with them. Woo Bin ran after them screaming, but it was too late. They were gone.


OMG!  I updated and I'm almost done with this fanfiction..  Maybe one more chapter?  I hope you guys are enjoying!