Recording Studio

Me and my Dragon

Ashley left me in her clients house after touring me and telling me the do's and don'ts. She seems in a hurry. She left after giving me the spare keys in the house.

 
The moment I lay my eyes in the house I feel something I can't explain. It's kind of weird though. I feel so at home and at peace while roaming around the house.
 
The furnitures still covered with cloth as well as the frames hanging on the wall. The owner must be wealthy or she knows how to make someone really at home in her house. The interior's so detailed and beautiful. The floor to ceiling windows, the view of Han River is simply breath taking. I wish she'll sell this. I'll ask someone to look after this house. I want the house. I want to live here. I want it to be my home. This is the kind of house I really wanted to have. My dream house.
 
I roam my eyes once again before deciding to go to the basement. I need to finish something here. The basement leads to the pool and garden. 
 
After Ashley asked me the favor, I made some research for a music room interior. They're all breath taking and beautiful but something is missing. So I decided to make it customized. I want to suit the music room to the owner. 
 
I'll make the interior neutral. I forgot to ask if she's a she or he's a he. Who cares about gender anyway? He/she can invite everyone to record a song here.
 
I took a picture of every corner of the basement and call it a day. I went straight to YGE for a meeting and attended my commitments.
 
While Manager Kang is driving to Gian's, I keep looking at the photos.
 
"You look so serious on those photos. What's with it?" He ask while glancing at me at the rear view mirror.
 
"It's the picture of the basement Ashley asked me to decorate. By the way Mr. Kang, what will you suggest for the best equipment for a recording studio?" I ask and put the folder inside my bag.
 
"Don't ask me about that. I'm not the right person to ask. You can ask Teddy, Epik High and Bigbang for suggestions. I'm so sure they can give you the best recommendations specially Jiyong, Tablo and Teddy." He suggested.
 
"I think you're right! I'll ask the boys later."
 
Paul and Grayson went out of the their car first and open the door for me. I look at them and smile.
 
"Thank you!" I bow and smile. "Mr. Kang don't you think these two can be an idol or an actor? They're both good looking." 
 
"Aist Retchel stop with the nonsense. But I must think that Ilwoo knows how to pick a good bodyguard." He answered and laugh. "I'll be in YGE. Call me if you need anything. Paul and Grayson will bring you home. I need to check and fix your schedule in Paris." He said and left.
 
-----------------------
 
Everyone are present when I enter Gian's and TOP apartment. Its Saturday and we all decided to eat dinner together during Saturdays.
 
Jiyong is busy with his phone in the living room, Bae and TOP are the ones taking care of Cassey while the two maknae's are helping Gian in the kitchen.
 
"Hi! Am I late?" I greeted.
 
"My girlfriend thank God you're here." He said while giving me a bear hug. "I'm so tired. Gian keeps on asking me things."
 
"Yah panda! I only ask you to stir the soup for me. What's tiring on that?" Gian shouted.
 
I just shake my head and smile at Seungri before I went to the kitchen to help.
 
"That guy! He never change." Gian said.
 
"You know Ri." I wink at her and we both laugh. "I'll make creme brûlée for dessert."
 
"You know what, I like the idea of having us to have dinner every Saturday." Daesung said while helping me prepare the things I need. "Everyone's busy now a days. At least this dinner can help us catch up with one another."
 
"I agree with you Dae. Just like the old days. Right Chelle?"
 
I nod and smile. Yes, just like the old days. The boys lives in our old apartment even though they have their own. They like staying with me and Gian. My old apartment. Like the unit I found a couple weeks ago in this building. I lift my head and look at Jiyong who is busy laughing with Seungri.
 
"You might melt the dragon." I found Gian on my side.
 
"Huh?" I ask her.
 
"You're staring at Jiyong. Just so you know. And you're smiling while you're eyes are twinkling like christmas lights."
 
"Seriously Gian?"
 
"Seriously Retchel." She said and left me dumbfounded. I just shake my head and continue what I am doing.
 
After dinner we all went to the veranda to have a little drink. 
 
"You're drinking?" Bae ask referring for the glass of wine I'm holding.
 
"Not really. I got used to it. When I and Ilwoo lives together." I pause and look at Jiyong. I bit my lips and continue. "Ilwoo's family loves having wine after dinner. So I got use to it. By the way, Jiyong can I ask you something."
 
"Are you asking my Jiyong hyung to marry you my girlfriend?" Seungri butted in.
 
"Yah maknae! Don't ruin the night. You and your big mouth. Come with me. I need to ask you something also." Bae said.
 
"Why Youngbae hyung? Are you asking me to date you?" Panda answered. We all laugh and shake our heads as we watch Seungri being drag by Taeyang in the living room.
 
"I'll go and check Cassey first. Lets go Choi." Gian said and drag TOP with her.
 
"I'll check maknae if he's still breathing." Dae said and leave me and Jiyong.
 
We look at each other and shake our heads. What's wrong with those people? They don't need to leave Jiyong and me alone.
 
"Anyway I just wanna ask if what brand of recording equipments are you going to suggest if I want to have my own recording studio at home?" 
 
"Recording studio? Why? Are you planning of having a recording studio in your apartment?" He stands up and put his jacket on my shoulder. "Its cold! Wear it." 
 
"Thank you! Its not mine actually. A friend ask me a favor to decorate a music room. If you're going to have your own recording studio at home, what would it look like?"
 
He took a deep breath, lean on the railings and look at the view of Seoul.
 
"I want it to look good of course. But I want it to have the feeling of satisfaction, contentment, happiness. I want the singer or who ever will use the recording studio to express and be true to himself. I want them to enjoy and have fun."
 
I find myself staring and listening intently to every word he's saying.
 
"And if the room is bigger, I want it to have some playing machine. A billiard table on the center, xbox, slot machine or anything we can play while someone's recording or waiting for the lyrics to come in. You Chelle, as a musician its important for us have a recording studio that best suit our personality. It is where we become with our self. Its the place where our true emotions and feelings comes out. Its important that it feels like home."
 
I don't know what to say. Jiyong is just simply amazing. He's a music genius. No wonder he's so successful in this field.
 
"You okay?" He ask.
 
"Yup! I was just amazed by what you said. You're right! That's exactly what a recording studio should be. Thank you Jiyong. Its really a big help!"
 
"You're always welcome. Here." He hands me a calling card. "They have the best equipments. Tell them I recommend them to you. So you can get some discounts. They're quite expensive. But let me get you inside first. Its cold here. You might catch a cold." He said and guided me inside the house.
 
The following days becomes busy for me. After work I go straight to the house. I already ordered the equipments I need and they are all on their way to Seoul. I ask for some people from Ashley for help too. I decided to make one of the wall a shelf for album. I even brought all my Bigbang album and arrange it on the shelf to see exactly how it will look like. I took a photo of it and show it to Ashley. 
 
********************
 
Ashley receive a portfolio from Chelle. Amber keeps on asking to visit and see Cassey so now they're  on their way to the apartment.
 
While everyone is busy, Bae saw the folder on the table and start flipping the pages.
 
"Who's folder is this?" He ask no one in particular. 
 
"Thats mine Bae. Why?" Ashley answered.
 
"Nothing. Its just that. I can see Jiyong in these pictures." 
 
Everyone come to him and look at the picture. Chelle and Jiyong are in the YGE for a meeting for the Moonshot endorsement. 
 
"Its so Jiyong. Look at the interior. The color. The furnitures. The game machine." TOP said.
 
"Is this in Jiyong's house, Ashley? You made this?" Bae ask.
 
"Yes Bae. Its part of Jiyong's house but no. I'm not the one who made it." She smiled. "Chelle made it. I asked her to do it."
 
"Does she know?"
 
"No TOP. She doesn't know. But she's asking about the owner. She's interested to buy the house. I heard he's asking my husband to keep an eye on the house."
 
"She will flip out once she finds who the owner is."
 
"I know right!" Ashley answered and they all laugh while nodding their heads.
 
 "I have a plan." Seungri said and start telling the group about his plan.