AN OLD FRIEND

Me and my Dragon

CHARTER 86: 

 

 

I can't believe I'm going to step my feet in the City of Love - Paris, France. Paris is known as the City of Love as it has a favourite destination for couples wishing to enjoy their honeymoon. It's the most romantic place on earth. It has historical, dramatic places and minutes. But I'm not here for a honeymoon, I'm here to attend the fashion week with Ilwoo. Bae is also here which is good coz we can talk and plan the choreography for his new song and bond as well.
 
I'm so excited to wear the dress Ilwoo's mom gave me when she heard we're going to Paris to attend the said event. Ilwoo is so handsome wearing just a simple outfit. I'm drooling to each and every designer's clothes passing in front of me. I wish I'm a super rich kid that I can just point whatever I want and own them without thinking the price. Bae is sitting on the other end of the row and I must say the guy is kind of famous here. His fashion sense is over the top. He really fits to be here.
 
After the first and second batch of designers collection, the show pause for a 15 minutes break. Thank God! Now I can pee. I excuse myself and went to the restroom. Good thing a man approached Ilwoo forcing him to stay in our spot.
 
"One of the models sprained her ankle. I need a new model." I heard the man shouts as I pass the backstage.
 
The backstage looks like a disaster. Looks like a hurricane just pass. It's really in chaos.
 
"Don't bother girl but I already saw a model. Thanks for offering though." The guy said as he holds my arm when I pass to him from the restroom. I looked at him with confuse face and he just nods at me. The girl on the other hand looks disappointed base on her reaction. She walks away stamping her feet and turn to look at me again. She looks familiar. I wonder where did I saw her.
 
"Model for me." He said making me more confuse. "I'm Hubert de Givenchy." He smiles and call one of his staff to assists me.
 
I do what I'm told. When I'm in front of the mirror, I cover my mouth with my hand when I got my senses back. Wait! What's his name again? OMG! He's the famous Givenchy designer. And I'm wearing his creations. I love his designs. It's really unique and one of a kind.
 
I'm so sure Ilwoo is flipping out this time. I wanted to go back to our sit but the director stop me. The show will resume any moment and the lights are already turned off. My hands are sweating and my body is trembling. Can I do this? I don't have any experience in modeling and walking on a catwalk.
 
I saw Ilwoo turning his head left and right probably looking for me. The gap between his two eyebrows disappeared. The irritation in his face shows that his pissed and worried at the same time.
 
The floor director signals me that its my turn to ramp. I step my right foot forward but step back right away. My knees are shaking, I don't think if I can make it. The guy behind me step forward to cover me and walk on the ramp. I took a deep breathe and sign a cross and smile sweetly as I walk on the stage.
 
I can do this. Good job, Retchel! That's right, Retchel! You're doing the right thing. Just relax and smile. I keep telling these things to myself over and over again. Next thing I know it, I'm enjoying the thing as if I've been doing these my whole life.
 
My body moves like a pro. When I pass in front of Ilwoo, I smile to him and blow him a kiss. Ilwoo's reaction was epic! And he's so cute! I wave and wink to Bae when I stop on the extension stage to do some pose for the audience.
 
After the breath taking show I zoomed out the stage while the others are still bowing and posing for the audience one last time. I change my clothes and neatly fold the dress that I wore on the runway and place it on top of the table. The others models are entering the dressing room one by one. I make my way to the door to see Ilwoo. I wonder what will he say after the unexpecting ramping. I giggled when I remembered his and Bae's reaction a while ago. 
 
With a smile flastered on my face I open the door and flashes of cameras welcome me. My eyes dazzled for the moment because of the bright light from the cameras. A guy pulled me inside the room again. I looked at him and in my arm where his hand and look at him again with confusion all over my face.
 
"Chelle, what a surprise?" The guy said making me more confused when he said my name. "I'm Sean, remember? The guy from London fashion show." He continued.
 
"Sorry but I don't know you. Excuse me." I answered.
 
"Hey, I didn't know you know each other." The girl butted in. She's the girl Hubert de Givenchy talking awhile ago when he stop me backstage. She really ooks familiar. I'm so sure I saw her somewhere.
 
"You seems lost honey. I'm Kiko and I'm you're friend. We meet in Japan. It's been a while." She kiss my cheeks and give me a hug.
 
"Sorry but I don't really know you. Excuse I have to go." I bow and left them.
 
"CHELLE! Wait!" Someone calls me. I turn to look the voice owner and found Hubert. "Here, take these. I'll just talk to your handler for the payment." He hands me a paper bag with the dress I wore on the show.
 
"Wow! Thank you! But this is too much. I can't take this."
 
"No! It's yours. Take it as a gift. By the way you rock the runway! See you around." He wave and disappeared in the crowd.
 
I look around the backstage. How can I leave the room without them noticing me. My phone is in my purse with Ilwoo. I bow and cover my face with the paper bag and walk towards the door. But the paparazzi are everywhere. They keep on clicking their cameras on me. A hand grab my hand and drag me to the other room. 
 
"Turn to the right and follow the hallway to get out of here. You can't hide from paparazzi here in Paris." Kiko said with a sweet smile on her face.
 
"Thank you!" I smile back to her and walk towards the hallway. She's nice! I thought she's mean.
 
Ilwoo and Bae are standing on the corner talking to each other. I walk towards Ilwoo and hug him from behind.
 
"Hi! Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Lets get out of here." I said and drag the two of them to the parking area.
 
"What's with the rush?" Bae said.
 
"They keep on taking pictures of me. It's creeping me out." 
 
"Wow! You already. Ilwoo your girl is a hit." Bae said before he wave goodbye and ride to their car.
 
Me and Ilwoo went for a dinner on the hotel.
 
"I met a girl named Kiko, yeobo. She seems nice. She helped me get out of the backstage where paparazzi almost detained me." I tell him with excitement. 
 
"Kiko? Hmmm, sounds familiar." 
 
"Hmmm she said were friends. We met in Japan. And a guy named Sean."
 
Ilwoo look worried upon hiring my story. Why? 
 
"Yeobo, its not like I don't want you to be friends with others but I don't think it's ideal to trust someone easily." He hold my hand and stare straight in my eyes.
 
"Why?" 
 
"You still don't remember some part of your life and they might take advantage of your situation."
 
"But Kiko seems a nice girl, yeobo."
 
"I don't know but I don't feel like trusting her. Lets go. You need to take a rest." We walk back to our room with our hands knotted to each other. "And by the way, you walk like a pro back there. You rock the runway, yeobo. And I'm so proud of you." 
 
I smile to him and tip toed to give him a peck in his lips. We roam around Paris and shop the following day before flying back to Seoul. 
 
==================================================
 
ILWOO's POV
 
 
 
It's a beautiful Saturday morning, I and Chelle are free from work today and were going to the firing range with Minho and Seungri. I'm sitting on her gazebo waiting for her while reading the news paper when one of the security staff approach me and hand me a brown envelop.
 
What could this be? I'm not expecting any documents from my lawyer. I examine the envelop and found it was from noona. Omo! I think is our.. OMG! Just thinking about it makes my cheeks burning hot.
 
I hold my breathe while opening the envelop and I'm right, it's a copy of me and Chelle's pictorial in Hawaii. All in A4 size, both in wide and close up shoot. I immediately return the pictures in the envelop and hide it under the newspaper when I saw Chelle coming out of the house. 
 
"Hi! Good morning, yeobo!" I greeted. "Have a sit and take your breakfast." She complied but her eyes never leaving mine. "What?" I asks.
 
"Nothing! I'm just wondering why you're blushing. Did you read something or saw something in that newspaper? Or..." She grab the news paper and saw the envelop. Uh oh! "What is this?"
 
"It's nothing, yeobo. Eat now. Minho and Seungri will be here in a few minutes." I said as I grab the envelop in her hands and place it behind my back.
 
I excuse myself when my phone rings and saw noona's name on the screen.
 
"Yah! Noona, do really want me dead? Why did you send that pictures to me?"
 
"Yah! Ilwoo don't shout at me. I just wanted you to see it first before I gave it to the printing team. It's all beautiful. Your both look good together and I want to meet her." Noona said on the other line.
 
Minho and Seungri arrived and we just wave at each other before they joined Chelle in the table.
 
"By the way Ilwoo, I received an invitation on Paris Fashion Week and they want you and Chelle to come. I already have someone to send for the company's representative. I'll email you the card." 
 
"Okay! I need to hang up." Seungri is holding the envelop now. "Bye, noona. See you soon and thank you." I hang up the phone and run towards but Seungri already saw the pictures.
 
I grab the pictures to him while he still in shock and give it to one of the security. 
 
"That pictures are WOW!" He said with eyes widely open juggling from me to Chelle.
 
"What pictures?" Minho asks making Chelle blush and panic.
 
"Don't show the pictures to Minho, yeobo. I'm sure I'm going to die." She said gaping at me. 
 
I nod and smile to her. We're both in the same boat. This is going to be a hot topic for teasing the both of us from this crazy people. After breakfast we all went to the firing range to learn and enjoy.
 
Day pass and now were here in Paris. The moment we land in Paris, Chelle's excitement level up higher and higher. She's so excited. And today she looks stunning in her simple but elegant dress umma gave her. Her simple beauty is prevailing over all the others. She's just simply breathe taking. And I'm so proud she's my girl. 
 
Chelle excuse herself to pee when the show pauses for a break. One of noona's colleague approach me so I'm force to stay and talk to him. It's been 15 minutes already since Chelle went to the bathroom and I'm so worried and in panic mode already. The lights turned off indicating that the show will start again. The models start walking on the runway but my head is turning left and right looking for her. Where are you, yeobo? I turn to my right and saw Bae looking at me. 
 
"Have you seen Chelle?" I asked him the moment he sit beside me.
 
"Nope! Why?" His expression became worried as well.
 
"She's taking so long using the restroom. I'm starting to get worried." 
 
"She's fine, don't worry. I'll go back to my seat and look for her in my area."
 
"Thanks Bae!" 
 
When Bae settled in his seat, Chelle came out of the stage and walk towards the runway. Bae and I look at each other with WHAT IS SHE DOING THERE? look. When Chelle pass in front of me, she look at me and blow me a kiss. The people around me whispers but I didn't understand what they're saying. But base on their reaction, its a good comment. Chelle wave to Bae also and pose in front of the audience. 
 
My eyes never blinks as I watch her walk and pose. She's good. And the dress really fits her as if the size was taken from her. I look around and found everyone looking a her with amazement and admiration. 
 
"She's good! Givenchy looks good on her." Bae said when he approached me.
 
I nod in agreement while were both waiting for her. Too bad we don't have flowers to congratulate her. Minutes pass but still no Chelle is coming out of the back stage. We waited for a couple of minutes again and we saw her waving at us on the other corner of the venue.
 
"Lets get out of here!" She said dragging us on the parking area.
 
I was about to step inside the car when a group of paparazzi walks towards us and start taking pictures.
 
"They're all over you."
 
She just smile at me and went to the hotels resto for dinner. Bae have different plans tonight and we both agree to bond tomorrow. She's unstoppable when eating dinner. Talking her and there. But when she mentioned a girl named Kiko, I don't know why but my heart suddenly skip a beat. I feel worried. 
 
"I just don't feel like trusting her." I said when she keeps on instisting that the girl is nice.
 
I don't know her personaly but it worried me when she said that her and Chelle are friends. I doubt it because I heard the boys talking about her and Jiyong's affair while we're looking for Chelle. Good thing she didn't argue with me. The three of us roam and shop after going back to Seoul.
 
"Good morning yeobo. You're up so early." It's Sunday morning and I found her in the kitchen wearing her baking apron. "What are you doing?"
 
"Baking a cake."
 
"A cake? What's the occasion?" I said as I wipe some flour on her face with my thumb.
 
"Nothing! Do we really have to have an occasion for a cake? We're visiting Umma and Appa today, right? So I bake a cake for them. Umma loves cake, remember?" She said while putting icing on her master piece.
 
"So thoughtful. I'll go to my agency first okay. It's just a quick meeting for my fan meet in Japan."
 
"Can I come in Japan with you?" 
 
"As much as I wanted to but you cannot yeobo. Check your calendar to know why."
 
"I know!" She pouts. "We have a meeting that day. I'm just going to be alone in this big big house."
 
"No, you don't. I'll ask Gian if you can stay with them in the penthouse. I'm sure you want to stay there instead of Umma and Appa's house." I pinch her nose receiving a giggle from her.
 
"Really?" She clings into my neck with glee.
 
"Yes, yeobo!" I kiss her nose. "I have to go. I'll fetch you after lauch okay."
 
"Okay! Drive safely. Call me when you arrived in the office. And I'm going to a Bakeshop to buy some decoration for my cake. Don't worry I'll take Paul and Grayson with me."
 
She smile at me and kisses my both cheeks. I really love this girl! Feeling so much inlove I start the car and head to my agency.
 
================================================
 
GD’S POV
 
 
Tonight we have a mini party to celebrate my birthday, CL together with some YG staffs and common friends organized a party. Will the other members show up? I know Bae and Ri are busy with their albums, especially maknae he has a comeback schedule the day after my birthday. I ask Manager Kim to bring Vita water to the venue to give to the VIPs that will watch maknae’s comeback and I know he will appreciate it even he’s mad at me.
 
CL: “Oppa, Happy Birthday! Blow your candles.”
GD: “Thank you!”
CL: “Someone deliver it in our dorm.”
 
I think I know who made this cake, that girl. I’ll call her later. I want her to come with me but she said that she’s busy with work. At this hour work? Aish! After spending my birthday with my friends I went home and got the shocked of my life.
 
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY GDRAGON!”
 
Honey shouted, I almost run away from the door because she scared me.
 
ASHLEY: “Yah! Are you okay?” She said while laughing at me.
GD: “You scared the out of me.”
ASHLEY: “I… Just want…ed to surprise you.” She keeps blubbering because she can’t stop laughing at my pale face.
GD: “Hon, are you trying to kill me?” I pout and sulk and whine.
ASHLEY: “Aigoo! My dragon has tantrums. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to frighten you.”
GD: “You’re laughing at me.” I pout again, I don’t care if I’m 26 years old.
 
She walks towards me and hug me tight but I know she’s laughing at my expense.
 
ASHLEY: “Happy Birthday!” She said as she kisses my cheeks “Surprise! I hope you like what I cook for you.”
GD: “Thank you! You don’t have to do all of these, I told you to come with me.”
ASHLEY: “I just wanted to do something different and besides I'm waiting for something.”
GD: “Something?”
ASHLEY: “Actually it’s more of a wedding gift.” She said
GD: “Wedding gift for me?” I beam at her and she nods.
ASHLEY: “It’s very hard to give you a gift.” She adds.
GD: “I don’t need gifts, all I need is you and that’s more than enough for me.” I said
ASHLEY: “Really?” She smiles and tugs me in the dining table. “Let’s eat first then I’ll give you your gift.”
 
Every dish in the table is to die for, this woman is the greatest cook I’ve ever known besides umma of course. We talk and talk for hours and I feel happy and contented. All throughout the dinner or early breakfast I receive a couple of text from my friends, I also got a call from sanjangnim and a couple of days ago I receive a call from T.O.P hyung and Gian congratulating me and Ashley because they found out that we’re engaged, they told me that they will be busy these days so they will just treat me after I went back from L.A
 
GD: “Okay honey, I eat every dish you made, blow my candles and eat the cake you bake. Now I want my gift” I said as I smile.
ASHLEY: “Here!” She hand me a key. I frown, key to what? “Go look at the garage.” My eyes almost pop out of the socket, I grab her hand and run towards the garage. “Happy Birthday! I hope you like it.”
 
There it is my very own Lamborghini. I look at her and hug her tightly.
 
ASHLEY: “Like it?”
GD: “Love it!” I said and kiss her once more. “Thank you”
ASHLEY: “Thank God you like it”
GD: “Wedding gift huh?”
ASHLEY: “Yup! Wedding gift, my wedding gift for you. Can I test drive it?”
GD: “Sure! Let’s go to the pension” I said. “Catch” I throw the car keys to her then I open the door of the driver’s side for her.
ASHLEY: “You’re letting me drive it?”
GD: “Yup!”
ASHLEY: “Are you sure?”
GD: “Just get in, don’t make me think twice.”
ASHLEY: “Okay!”
 
As she drives going to the pension, I just stare at her and smile from ear to ear.
 
ASHLEY: “Stop smiling it’s creeping me out.”
GD: “Do you have any idea how happy am I right now?”
ASHLEY: “Aish! I know it’s because of the car.”
GD: “That’s one, but I’m thankful that I met you.”
ASHLEY: “Really?” She beams at me and forgetting she’s driving.
GD: “Eyes on the road honey” I said as I pinch her cheeks. “Where do you want to get married?”
ASHLEY: “Italy.”
GD: “Italy?”
ASHLEY: “Yup!”
GD: “Honeymoon?”
ASHLEY: “I really don’t care about honeymoon, as long as I’m with the man I love it’s fine with me.”
GD: “Okay! What my honey wants, my honey gets.” I said as I pat her head. “Italy then.”
ASHLEY: “What?”
GD: “Where going to Italy and the honeymoon trip will be a surprise.” I smile at her.
ASHLEY: “Are you serious?” I nod and she hits the break of my car. “Really?”
GD: “Yah! You can’t just do that”
ASHLEY: “Answer me!”
GD: “I told you awhile ago. ITALY” She squeals, unfastened her seatbelt and hugs me. Where in the middle of the road good thing it’s 2 in the morning so the road is deserted. “Are you going to drive or what?”
ASHLEY: “You drive.” She said while being cute and all in front of me.
GD: “Fine”
 
I got out of the car and ushered her to the passenger seat and we went to the pension.
 
 
 
 
Keep the comments coming. I wanna know your side, subbies. Thank you! Thank you so much!!! <3