Heads, Shoulders, Knees and... s?

Lost in Love

'Jieun, not in here!'

'Oh but oppa!'

'No! We're at work!'

Yukwon stumbled out of the mens closet to be met with the eyes of a furious Ayumi.

'If you two dare try and get frisky in there, I swear I'll get Peter to fire the both of you'

Jieun pouted. 'Oh but Ayumi-ssi, Yukwonnie and I haven't had in over a week! Since I started working here, anyway! Ihave my needs and we should let off the stress. That's probably why Kwonnie's been feeling down'

Ayumi raised her eyebrows. 'Your needs can wait, Jieun. This is a working place and you'll need to be mature and calm your around here. Now go back to the PR office. Chaerin-unnie is probably looking for you.'

Yukwon stalked off angrily, pulling up his leather jacket. He sat down at his desk, resting his forehead on the surface of it and kicked his trashcan making a loud din. 

'Aish, this crazy -'

'You alright there, Yukwon?'

'Huh? Oh sheesh, Dahye, I didn't realise you were here'

'I work here, . It's 10... I've been here for over an hour'

'You have?'

'You were too busy getting down and dirty to notice' you smirked

'I wasn't-... Eurgh'

'Whatever, are you alright? You seem pretty pissed off'

'Oh it's fine, nothing to worry about-'

'Kwonchan!' Ayumi yelled, 'You come over here now and let me clip you over the head!'

You saw Yukwon gulp and you leant back in your chair. You watched the chase around the studio unfold and only stopped laughing when you saw your boss coming out of the elevator through the studio's glass doors. 

'Boss! Good morning!' you said loudly

'Petey!'

Your boss chuckled. 'G'morning, you three. I have a few tasks for you to do today'

Peter began passing the papers to Ayumi but Yukwon snatched them away, almost getting hit in the process. He stuck his tongue out and you grabbed the papers off him, handing them back to Ayumi. 

'Yah!-'

You glared at him and he stopped talking. It was a strange position you had gotten yourself into. You wanted to be mean to Yukwon and make his life a misery but you still loved him. Yukwon, on the other hand, was making exceptions for you. He wouldn't get angry if you were involved and he didn't know how to talk to you anymore. 

Ayumi skim read through the assignment and squealed. 

'We're going to Switzerland?! Petey, this is amazing!'

She started bouncing around the room and dropped the papers which Yukwon picked up. You stood beside him and read over his shoulder, biting your lip. Crap, I have to go abroad with Yukwon! But at least Ayumi will be there...

'Soo Hyun will be joining you too since I know you're all good friends' 

'Soo Hyun? Really?!' said Ayumi excitedly

'Yeah, I figured that guy deserves a break of some sort and whilst he's in the mountains he can be tweeting about the upcoming shoot and instagramming it too. Our readers will probably be more excited about it if we give away some behind-the-scene photos'

'Sounds... Amazing' Yukwon said

'So I take it, you're all in?'

'I... Sir, do I have to pay for this?...' you said warily, 'It's just that I've only just come out of studying and I have a student loan to pay off...'

'The company pays for any trips done on the magazine's behalf so you don't need to worry. Everything is included: food, accomodation, flights, everything.'

'But bring some money so we can go shopping!' said Ayumi

'Where the heck are you going to go shopping when we're on top of a ski slope?' said Yukwon

'Wait... Is the shoot going to be outside in the snow?' you asked

'Some shots will be done outside. Those will be the hardest since the models will probably freeze as soon as they take off their jackets but the rest will be taken in the ski house you're staying in. I had one of Soo Hyun's interns find all the best places and I think you'll like this one best' 

Your boss handed out a brochure with the ski chalet's details printed in it.

'Petey... This is so cool!' 

'Yeah boss, thanks for this' said Yukwon

'Thank you...' you added

'It's okay. You'll be going in two weeks.' 

'2 weeks? Can't we go now?...' said Ayumi

'No. You need to choose your models too this time' 

'We're picking our models?'

'Yeah. I don't want to send the casting team over to Switzerland as they're needed here 24/7 so you'll need to do this one on your own. Soo Hyun can help with the technicalities, if you need it. Oh and I want Dahye to put together at least 2 outfits. This is going to be a big one-' 

'How big?' 

'A 6 page spread' 

'6 pages?!' 

'Might even make it 8, I'll see what the beauty office gets written up...' 

'6 pages... Petey, this is a dream, isn't it?' 

'Pinch yourself' 

'Ow! Kwonchan! I don't need you to pinch me, I could have done it myself!'

'Oh right, before I go, Yukwon?' 

'Yes?' 

'Jieun isn't allowed to come on this trip.' 

'Hallelujah' Ayumi muttered

 

***

 

'Dahye! You made it on time!'

'Hey Jonghyun!' you said, smiling as you entered the hall Jonghyun and Nari had hired.

'I heard about work and Yukwon...'

'Ah, I knew it'd get round to you eventually'

Jonghyun had always been there for you ever since Yukwon left. He had been there on your birthday when you had broken up with Yukwon and he knew you almost as well as the rest of your friends did. 

'So what's happening with it?'

'We're going to Switzerland together in two weeks'

'You're back together?'

'No silly, it's for work. He has a girlfriend'

'Oh really? What's she like?'

'I thought she was okay at first but she's getting increasingly more annoying. She's constantly on our floor even though she works on the ground level in the PR department.'

'I guess she's jealous or insecure'

'What makes you say that?'

'She must know who you are, surely'

'She hasn't mentioned anything to me'

'What makes you think she's that kind of girl? She might just be very manipulative, you never know.'

'Hmm, I don't really see it but thanks for the warning, Jonghyun'

'Just watch out, 'kay? I'd hate for some to go down, not after everything else you've had to put up with'

You chuckled, 'Hey, it's not that bad'

'You live with my girlfriend, Dahye. Respect to you, sister'

'Pound it, brother!'

You hit your knuckles against his, laughing and enjoying yourself. You were wearing the black dress and matching shoes you had taken from work. Your hair was down and you happily posed for hundreds of the photos your friends were taking. 

 

Towards the end of the night, you sat down with Ahreum and 2 old high school friends for a chat. Most of the previous dinner together had been talking about Yukwon but this time, with your old friends that you hadn't seen in over 3 years, catching up was the most important thing to do. 

 

'Oh my God! It's you!'

'Dahye, look at you! You're gorgeous!'

'Hey, was I not gorgeous before?'

'You're even more gorgeous now!'

'Nice save'

'Omo Ahreum, how have you been?! It's been ages, hasn't it?!'

'So long, unnie!'

'Who have you guys kept in touch with?'

'Just the people that went to our university'

'Yeah, it was just Ahreum, Soojin, Heeyoung and I' you said

'You guys are lucky. I got sent to America for university. You have no idea how much I struggled with the language'

'But you must be really good at English now, unnie' said Ahreum

'Well... I'm alright, I suppose'

'Nonsense. She's practically fluent now, Ahreum. Don't listen to anything she says.'

'Do you remember what we did when we were still in high school? Do you remember the list?'

'The list? What list?' you asked

'Oh my God, the list! Ah, how many people do you think we got correct?'

'Who knows...'

'What list?' you repeated

'Do you remember making a list of people we thought would have surgery done before the end of university?'

'Oh wow, yeah! That was so long ago!'

'I think I still remember the people on it...'

'Wasn't the guy that sat behind you in Maths on it? What's his face... Ahn Jaehyun?'

'Oh yeah! We guessed he would get his nose done, didn't we?'

'Well then that's correct. He dropped out of university in his first year and became a model for an online shopping mall' said Ahreum

'An ulzzang?! Really? Wow, is he famous?'

'Relatively...'

'Aish, I totally should have said yes when he asked me out in high school'

'Anyone else?'

'Wasn't Soojin's lab partner on there too? V-line surgery, eyelid surgery and nose job... Right?'

'I think I remember seeing her with a new jaw, definitely. I was too far away for the eyes but her nose looked higher too'

'Bingo. Hey, we were pretty accurate'

'There was another person wasn't there... The girl that liked your boyfriend, Dahye. What was her name?'

'...Jiwon? Jung Jiwon? Was she on the list?'

'Yeah! For everything! Eyes, nose, jaw, forehead, legs-'

'She always told me she wanted to do her s too'

'Do you think she got it done?'

'I have no idea. She moved away for ages'

'I wonder what she looks like now' you said. 'I can't even remember what she looked like back then'

'I'm suprised you don't remember. She was all over Yukwon back then.'

'How is he by the way? You two are still together, aren't you? The old, unstoppable couple'

Your two friends laughed as it was an old joke that had been around since the start of high school. Ahreum bit her lip. 

'Guys... They broke up.'

'What?!'

'No way. Seriously?'

'Dahye, I'm so sorry'

'It happened 3 years ago, I'm over it'

'Maybe Jung Jiwon finally got her hands on Yukwon after all'

'No, his girlfriend's name is Jung Jieun-'

'Jiwon was always a fan of IU'

'That doesn't mean she'd take IU's real name and use it as her own'

'Who says she wouldn't? And she was crazy for Yukwon, remember?'

Yeah. I remember her now.

Jung Jieun can't be Jiwon... Can she?