Google, My Best Friend

Lost in Love

Breathe, Dahye. Breathe.

Nice and slow. Like your psychiatrist taught you. That's a good girl

Wait. That's a good girl? What are you? A dog?

Aish. Stop! Focus!

Hmmm... Open Internet.

Bingo. 

Homepage yes... Google, my best friend.

You rested your fingers on your keyboard.

Can you get full body surgery?

That's stupid. Delete. Delete. Delete. 

'Hmmm'

If someone gets lots of surgery done, will they be recognizable after?

Open new tab... Google. Okay. 

Examples of cosmetic surgery

Double eyelid surgery before and after

Healing time after surgery

Types of surgery Seoul

Seoul surgery clinic

Scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll

Exit tab

Exit tab

Exit all tabs? 

'Yes'

You stretched out in your chair. You were back at your flat alone as Nari was spending the night at Jonghyun's house. You decided you'd take the liberty of taking out her yearbook. Your was long gone after you had thrown it out, wanting to erase every memory of Yukwon. It was funny, you would never had had the courage to look through it again when Yukwon was gone but now that he was back, it was if you were trying to remember everything again. Life works in strange ways, doesn't it?

'Okay. Class C... Page 27'

You flicked the pages and smiled. 

Our class photo. 

Yukwon was giving you a piggy back and you were smiling and holding the Victory sign, just like everyone else in the class. Nari was lying on the floor with Jonghyun at the bottom of the picture, both sprawled out and holding the plaque that said 'Class 13C of 2010'. You then saw a girl in the far right that you immediately recognised.

'That's Jiwon! Oh !'

Her gaze was headed for Yukwon and you began to feel uneasy. Even back then, you knew she liked Yukwon but you were always so oblivious. After all, why would Yukwon ever want to desert his best friend and girlfriend?

Maybe it is her...

You turned the page.

Our Aspirations!

  1. Oh Nari, Journalist
  2. Go Jonghyun, Lawyer
  3. Jang Soojin, CEO of an online shopping mall 
  4. Woo Heeyoung, Property Landlord/ be super rich
  5. An Dahye, Fashion Stylist
  6. Kim Yukwon, Architect
  7. Hyun Ahreum, Nurse
  8. Ahn Jaehyun, Model/ Idol
  9. Jung Jiwon, Public Relations

PR?! Jiwon wanted to work in PR?

You weren't going to waste any more time. Quickly turning the pages, whilst taking care not to rip anything, you found the yearbook photo of Jiwon

and dropped the book.

 

It was like looking at a les enhanced version of Jieun. Jiwon's nose was flatter, jaw wider, s smaller and eyes not yet cut into neat double eyelids. It was Jieun most definitely, just missing her new look. 

You shut the book to try and comprehend what was going on. 

So Jiwon was Jieun? No. Jiwon IS Jieun? And she's dating Yukwon but... I don't understand why. Did he cheat on me with Jiwon back then? 

You carefully tucked the book into your bag.

Aish. Yukwon, you're in for a grilling tomorrow. Beware.

 

---

 

Over on the other side of town, an argument was erupting. 

'You said you wouldn't do this if I let you work with me!'

'Oh please, oppa. You like having me around the office, admit it'

'No I don't! At first it was alright but having you on my floor at every waking moment is just too much, Jiwon!'

'Don't call me that!' Jieun snapped, 'I am not Jiwon anymore!'

'You're crazy, you know'

'You're only saying that because you've seen Dahye again'

'So you know'

'Of course I know! Yukwon, do you have any idea what I had to do to get us together?'

'Manipulative '

'Say that again and I'll call your father and tell him where you are and what you're doing'

'Just how long are you going to keep up this act?'

'Forever of course. I love you, Yukwon. I have done since high school'

'If you really loved me, you would have cared enough to leave me alone to be happy'

'Don't blame your father's issues on me, Kwonnie'

'Jiwon!'

'Don't call me that! It's either Jieun or jagiya, okay?!'

'Do you know what? I don't want you here tonight.'

'Where am I supposed to go then? I moved out so I could be with you'

'You stay here. I'll crash at Ayumi's or Soo Hyun's'

'You best not go to Dahye's place. I swear I'll-'

'Relax. Do you really think Dahye will let me step into her house after what I did to her?'

Jieun smirked. 'You can run but you can't hide. You're tied to me, Yukwon'

'That's what you think.' 

Yukwon picked up his already packed bag and slammed his front door shut, getting into his car and driving off into the night. His parents hadn't spoken to him in just under 3 years, his girlfriend was a psychopath and the girl he really loved seemed to hate his guts. He parked by the river and walked along the bridge, stopping when he reached the lampost that was halfway between both ends. 

He screamed until the early hours of morning when he returned back home to find his girlfriend tucked up in his bed. Gruffly kicking her, he settled down beside her and she wrapped her arms around him, snuggling into his neck and kissing his ear.

'Jieun. Stop. I'm not in the mood'

'Just pretend I'm Dahye.'