The Happy Ending

Lost in Love

It was early morning when the foursome arrived back at the office, sleep deprived and jet lagged. Ayumi lay down on the studio floor and covered h erself in a fur shawl as a blanket. Soo Hyun also flopped down on the sofa and fell asleep.

'Are you tired?' Yukwon asked you

You shook your head. 'I'm alright'

'Liar'

'I'm serious. I'm used to not sleeping, aren't I?' you joked

'Sorry...'

You giggled. 'I'm kidding! Pass me your phone. I need to call my parents and mine's out of juice.'

Yukwon smiled and took his phone out of his jacket pocket. The pack of yellow post it notes also fell out. You gawked at them as he awkwardly shifted around, unsure of what to do.

'You were the one that sent me that note?' you said finally

Yukwon pulled a face. 'Caught me red handed.'

You laughed. 'Well... Thanks'

After calling your parents, you noticed Yukwon was staring at you. 

'What?'

'You're wearing my mom's necklace'

'And?'

'Caught you red handed'

You both laughed. 

'How about something hot to drink?'

'Sounds good.'

'I'll make it' you offered

'Okay'

 

You walked down the corridor to the small kitchen on your floor and the kettle. The lights were off but the light from the moon was enough to just about manage to find the teabags. 

'I wonder which one this is' you said to yourself. 'Oolong maybe?' You took a sniff and chuckled. 'Whatever, oppa will be happy with anything, I'm sure.' 

You heard the door behind you shut. 

'Yukwon, you didn't need to come and help me. I said I'd make the tea for us' 

'Since when were you two so close?' 

It was Jiwon and she sounded bitter. You turned around and she grabbed your arm causing you to drop the mug you were holding. It crashed to the floor and Yukwon looked up from his desk where he had just finished a phonecall. 

'Dahye? Are you alright?' he called out.

 

You wrestled with Jiwon, trying to pry her off.

'Get off! You're hurting me!' 

'Why are you being so nice to oppa?!'

'Get off!'

'Tell me!'

'Stop that!'

'Are you two back together?!'

'S-Stop!'

Yukwon heard you shout and started running. 'Dahye!' 

'Yukwon!' 

'Oppa?!'

Yukwon opened the door. 'What the hell is going on?' 

He looked from you to Jiwon.

'Jiwon-'

'Don't call me that' Jiwon snapped

'Look-' 

Jiwon narrowed her eyes. 'Are you two back together?' 

Yukwon swallowed.

'Well?! Are you two back together or not?!' she shrieked

She gripped your wrist harder and your face contorted in pain. You started to cry. Yukwon grabbed your arm away from her and stood in front of you. Jiwon stared at him in disbelief.

'Are you kidding me? You've chosen her over your parents?' 

Yukwon held your hand and smirked. 'It's over, Jiwon. I just called my dad.' 

You stared at him. He called his dad?

'What?...' Jiwon said

'You heard me. I called my dad. For the first time in 3 years.'

Yukwon let go of your hand. 

'Do you know what he told me?!' 

Jiwon whimpered.

'He told me he had been fired! He was fired the day I went away! The day you pulled that stunt at the airport! You lied to me! And since your father didn't keep his side of the bargain, I'm not keeping mine.' 

He pulled you close to him and held you tightly. 

'You want to know what else he said? He told me to keep hold of Dahye for as long as I live. He told me that even if she stopped loving me, I should carry on going after her. He told me that he's sorry to death for making me agree to your sick plans! I've been alone for over 3 years and you didn't care at all. It was only ever about you. You, you, you. I've finally got my life back and I'm getting rid of you.'

Jiwon showed no sadness. She just stared at you, her eyes full of hatred. Yukwon sighed.

'Just stop it, okay?! Hating Dahye will do nothing! I love her and there's nothing you can do about it!' 

Yukwon looked down at you and gently kissed the top of your head. He turned to face Jiwon again.

'Now I have two propositions for you seeing as you like deals and blackmailing so much. You can either resign today and never show up in front of me again or I can use my contacts in the press to rat you and your dad out to the public. You choose.'

Jiwon knew when she was beaten. She walked out of the kitchen and you never saw her again.

 

***

 

'Congratulations Nari!'

'Thank you Dahye!'

'Congratulations man!'

'Thanks Yukwon!' 

You were at Nari and Jonghyun's engagement party when the lights dimmed. Turning and smiling at your best friend, you noticed her smiling back at you. You looked at her now fiance who was also smiling at you. As you peered around, it occured to you that all of your friends were looking and smiling at you. Yukwon tapped you on the shoulder and you turned around.

'What's going on?' 

'Everybody saw me make you the most unhappy girl in the world on your 19th birthday. Everybody knows how much you suffered because of me-' 

'Yukwon, you suffered just as much-'

'Shh. Stop butting in.' Yukwon said, putting his hand over your mouth.

Everyone laughed. 

'What I want to say is that, 6 months ago, I finally got a part of me back. You complete me, Dahye. I can't live without you. I embarassed you in front of everyone and you still took me back. I can't believe how lucky I am to have you and I can't imagine what it'd be like if I didn't have you. So what I want to say in front of everyone... So that everyone can see how sincere I am about this... So that everyone can see I won't leave you ever again... Is...' 

Yukwon got down on one knee and opened up a small box. 

'Will you marry me?' 

Those 4 words sent your heart into euphoria. It fizzed and whirred inside and you couldn't stop yourself from crying. 

'Dahye?' Yukwon said, looking at you with concern. 

'Dahye?' Nari repeated, looking at her best friend with worry

You wiped your eyes. 'Yes... I will...' 

Yukwon stood up. 'Really?!'

You hit him. 'Yes! Of course I will!' 

Yukwon picked you up and spun you around, bringing you down to nuzzle your nose with his.

'I love you, Dahye.' 

'I love you more, Yukwon.'

Yukwon shook his head.

'Impossible.'

 

 


aigoo it's finished~