Airport Antics

Lost in Love

You arrived at the airport and saw Soo Hyun sitting in the Starbucks with his case beside him. You hugged Heeyoung and said goodbye promising to get her a souvenir of some sort, before she drove to the other side of the airport to pick up her cousin from the arrivals. 

'Oppa!'

'Dahye! Hey!'

'Have you been here long?'

'About an hour?'

You checked your watch. You were 10 minutes early which meant Soo Hyun was an hour and 10 minutes early.

'Why did you come here so early?...'

'I may have been a bit over excited about the thought of a vacation...'

You laughed at Soo Hyun's embarassment. He took out his iPad from his bag and tapped into twitter. You sat down in the seat beside him to watch what he was doing. 

'This would have been you, you know' he said as he scrolled through the numerous mentions.

'I know...'

'I think it's fate that Ayumi decided to take you on. She doesn't usually like people joining her, she's more of a solo girl. She definitely didn't like Yukwon joining anyway.'

'Really? But they're such good friends!'

'I know, I'm surprised Yukwon lasted this long working in the studio with her. They have very different styles. Ayumi is very eccentric- like her hometown Harajuku style. Yukwon is more refined and well... demure, I suppose. They clashed on their first shoot together and Ayumi stormed out.'

'Wow.'

'That's why it's incredible she hired you. Why do you think I let you go so easily?'

'I had no idea...'

'Your style is really similar to Yukwon's actually. You just get along much better with Ayumi'

'Obviously.' you said bluntly, cutting him off.

Soo Hyun sighed. 

'Give him another chance, Dahye. He has his reasons for the ed up things he did.'

'Soo Hyun-'

'Listen, I know your head is telling you that he's a bad person but listen to your heart. You met him again for a reason and that reason wasn't to beat him up or get revenge. If it was, I'm pretty sure you would have taken your chance by now.'

'I was actually planning on pushing him off the ski lift as soon as we get to Switzerland. He can plummet to his death for all I care' you replied bitterly

'Hey... You know you don't mean that, Dahye. You can let down your defensive barrier around me. We're friends. You're safe'

You kept quiet and stared at your fingers. Soo Hyun was a great talker.

'Listen to your heart, Dahye and give him the chance to explain himself. When you find out why he left, you might not feel the same way as you do now.'

You paused. 'Hang on... You know why he left, don't you?'

'Well...'

You raised an eyebrow. 'Well?'

'He was depressed when he first turned up at the office. He didn't talk to anyone because he was so much younger than all of us. It took me ages to convince him not to call me 'hyung-nim'. When I befriended him, I asked him about why he was so down and he told me everything.'

'And Ayumi?'

'I explained it all to her and she ended up feeling really guilty about her actions towards him. She ended up going to his place and apologising and crying. They've been good friends ever since'

'And you're not going to tell me why he left?'

Soo Hyun smiled. 'That's for Yukwon to tell you himself.'

You sighed and frowned. It's all a bit complicated, isn't it? This whole situation.

'What are you thinking about, eh?' said Ayumi appearing in front of you and bouncing up and down. 

You straighted up, suprised by her sudden arrival. Soo Hyun laughed softly, unaware of Ayumi's presence. When you nudged him, he looked up from his iPad screen and stifled a giggle. He took in Ayumi's neon jacket and put his hand over his mouth to stop himself from screaming hysterically.

'Yah! Don't you dare laugh, Soo Hyun!'

'I wouldn't dream of it, Ayumi' he replied trying with all his might to keep in his giggles.

Ayumi tutted and kicked him. 'How about you? Where's your jacket?'

'In my case of course'

'And yours?' she said, turning to you

'Mine's in my case too.'

'Fine. I'm the only one wearing my jacket. Do we know where Kwonchan is?' Ayumi checked her phone. 'He's 5 minutes late and Kwonchan is never late.'

 

Right on cue, you spotted Yukwon running in through the doors at the wrong end of the terminal. Ayumi jumped up and down, waving to catch his attention.

'Hey! Over here, you pabo!'

Yukwon began running with his case and carry on bag. 

'Oppa! Stop running!'

The three of you- Ayumi, Soo Hyun and yourself, froze. So that's why he's running and he's late. Jieun. Soo Hyun stood up and put his iPad away, reading to make a quick check in. Ayumi's jaw started to drop and he cupped it and put it back in place. You scratched your head gingerly, unable to comprehend what was going on. 

'Soo Hyun...' Ayumi whispered quietly, 'what is she doing here?'

'Seeing her boyfriend off?'

'It better be just that'

You turned your head indignantly. Psh.

 

'Oppa!'

Yukwon turned around. 'What?!'

'Why won't you let me come with you?!'

'It's work, Jieun! You can't come because Peter, our boss, says so!'

'But he just said I could come!'

'Because you threatened him with your dad's authority! You can't just use your dad to get whatever you want!'

'But-'

'Stop! I'll say it again. This is for work, Jieun.'

'No it's not! That's bull! It's a holiday, isn't it?! You're planning a holiday with Dahye, aren't you?!'

You stared at her. The couple's shouting could be heard even though you were standing a good 10 metres away. Is she really making those accusations? Really? You put down your bag, ready to charge at the two of them and slap them both but Soo Hyun stopped you. You looked at him and all he did was shake his head.

Jieun stood facing Yukwon with her back to you and he sighed. 

'Just stop with all of this, will you? You're making it harder and harder for me to stay with you.'

'Oh I'm making it hard? If Dahye hadn't come along, we'd be just fine.' she hissed

'Stop blaming Dahye.'

'God, Yukwon. You still want to be with her, don't you?'

'She'll never take me back even if I do want to be with her so what's it got to do with you?!'

'If you've forgotten, we're together. I can't have you making eyes at another girl. And besides, I wouldn't be so sure about that anyway, Kim Yukwon. '

'Don't be ridiculous.'

'I'm not letting you out of my sight unless I know you two won't start getting friendly again'

'Jesus Christ Jieun, grow up will you! Please!'

Jieun smirked and wrapped her arms around Yukwon's neck, launching straight into a steamy kiss. She twirled his hair in her fingers and moaned loudly, rubbing her leg against his and slipping her tongue in to intensify everything even more. 

You gulped at the sight and shifted around on the spot, unsure of where to place your eyes. After a good minute or so of watching an awkward Yukwon kissing his forceful girlfriend, you picked up your bags and took out your passport. 

'I think I'll go and check in first...'

Ayumi turned to look at you but you had already run off towards the check in desks. She turned to Soo Hyun who was watching a furious Yukwon push Jieun away who was smiling, feeling very proud of herself. 

'What was that?!'

Jieun turned around to check you were gone. 'I'm satisfired now. She won't be getting friendly with you now.'

'She would never in the first place!'

'Have fun on your vacation, oppa' said Jieun with a smile. Her attitude had done a complete 180. 'Bring me back a souvenir, juseyo. Buing buing!'

Jieun flounced off and Yukwon slumped to his knees, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. Soo Hyun sighed as he saw his friend looking defeated.

'Go after her. I'll find out what's going on with him. Meet you at the gate or on the plane.' he said to Ayumi

She nodded and Ayumi grabbed her bags too and quickly walked in the direction of the check in desk. She found you in the back of the mile long queue for economy class and hauled you out of it, sticking you in the VIP line with her. 

'Come on. We'll go ahead first' she said, smiling and patting your back.

She ignored your glassy eyes, shaking hands and shuddering.

They're just two idiots lost in love. 

 

 

 

I actually cringed when I wrote about Jieun kissing Yukwon. I feel so weird writing anything even slightly y... Aigoo.