Step 06: Cook for Him

Luhan's 15 Steps to Confessing

step six: cook for him


After approximately half an hour of trying to convince Yixing that he would not burn the kitchen down; Yixing finally left him alone, and went to do whatever. Most likely going to bet with Wufan about some random again, but Luhan didn’t really care.

He looked around the kitchen, hoping to find Yixing’s recipe book somewhere, because he was going to cook for Minseok; regardless of knowing that he couldn’t cook. It’s the thought that counts, right?

He could hear Yixing slide into the room, and he looked up, glaring at the younger male.

“Yixing, leave.” he commanded. “I don’t need distractions right now,”

Yixing smiled innocently, “But you’re looking for this, aren’t you?”

He waved the recipe book in the air, and Luhan narrowed his eyes. “I don’t need it.”

A smile played on Yixing’s lips, “Whatever you say. I’m leaving it right here, though!”

He placed the book onto the counter, and slid out of the room. Luhan quickly went to check if Yixing was still there. Not seeing anyone, Luhan turned back into the room, grabbing the book, and flipping through it. He didn’t notice Jongdae and Tao peeking into the room and giggling.

“Yixing gege said I would get 10% of the pay,” Tao stated.

“What? Duizhang said I get 5% if he wins!” Jongdae whispered back in a hushed tone.

Tao flashed Jongdae a smile, “He likes me better than duizhang likes you,”

“Oh! Look, he’s using it!” Jongdae pointed, and they both grabbed each other, scurrying back to Wufan and Yixing.

Luhan didn’t notice the whispering troublemakers at all, and he carried on with making food. Or at least, try. He followed the directions in the book, and tried his best to make everything perfect. Luhan grumbled to himself.

“How does Yixing do this so quickly?” he mumbled. He hissed in pain when the oil splashed up and hit his finger.

“Maybe I should get Yixing to do this... wait no! I have to do this!” Luhan encouraged himself.

As Luhan cooked, Wufan, Yixing, Jongdae, and Tao stood in a circle, talking.

“He used the recipe book!” Tao announced. Yixing gave Wufan a grin.

“What did I say, Wufan?” he smirked. Wufan groaned, and forked over a bunch of assorted bills.

“There, a hundred,” he grumbled. Yixing took the money, and gave a ten dollar bill to Tao.

“Thanks, sweetie,” Yixing grinned, and Tao pulled Jongdae away.

“My wallet is running dry,” Wufan pouted. Yixing giggled, and poked his pout.

“Aw, do you want me to make you feel better?” Yixing asked in a mocking tone, as Minseok walked into the house.

“Yes he does,” Minseok cut in, before Wufan could answer.

Obliging to Minseok’s reply, Yixing pulled Wufan down by the collar, and into a kiss. The elder quickly wrapped his arms around Yixing’s waist, in attempt to deepen the kiss, but Yixing slid out of his grasp and out of the room.

“YAH! YIXING!” Wufan yelled. Minseok sighed, clicking his tongue.

“Just ask him out already,” Minseok suggested to Wufan.

Luhan’s ears perked up at the sound of Minseok’s voice.

“SEOKKIE! COME HERE!” he yelled from the kitchen. Curious, Minseok walked into the kitchen, only to have Luhan shove a spoon into his mouth. Minseok’s eyes widened in surprise, and Luhan smiled brightly.

“How is it?” Luhan’s eyes sparkled. Minseok tried to swallow the liquid substance that Luhan fed him, but he just couldn’t do it. He broke out of Luhan’s hold, and ran to the washroom, puking his guts out at the foul taste.

Plan six; failed. Epic fail, Lulu.


author's comments

Told you his luck wouldn't last. xD ^^

I bordered SO close to my word limit for this chapter.

And yeah; to answer some of you... Kray isn't dating. They're just trolling each other.

Wufan's pretty much in the same position as Lulu... just... better...

~Yii