Part 9

Sunsu: Legend of the Heart

Warning before reading!!

This part is un-beta-ed. So please bear my bad English.

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

Safe, reminiscent and comfortable.

 

It was what Chunjie felt as she listened to the voices around her as she lay on the most comfortable surface that she had ever felt. It was soft and warm. It reminded her of a mother’s embrace.

 

“Sunsu… Sunsu…”

 

That was how the voices called her between their cheerful giggles. The voices were familiar and gave her a welcome feeling. She felt like she had returned to where she belonged. She liked to be there forever.

 

"Chunjie."

 

She suddenly opened her eyes as she gasped because of the call. She saw the fluffy surface where she slept. It felt like a soft fur but it wasn’t. She pushed her body up and looked around before she felt amazed as she went down from the bed. It was her first time to see such a place.

 

From her place, she could see the view outside. She knew that she was inside the trunk of the Tree of Life as she saw invisible layers of wood around her that blurred the view. But she could see everything outside the tree. She could see the villages, the sea, the sky and everything as if she was outside. She could see the children playing around the Tree and calling Sunsu’s name. But she was looking for the one who called her Chunjie.

 

When she heard the call, she felt that it was different from other calls. Even though it didn't call her Sunsu, she could feel the warmth from the voice. Strangely, she also felt close as if she had known the voice for a long time. She missed it and longed for it.

 

As she looked around trying to find the source, she felt tremendous aura coming from the direction behind her. She turned. But once she faced it, she felt as if she was pulled forward and the distance between them became closer. She then saw a girl with a beautiful face with her body tied into a wall of vines. There were thick black strings attached on both sides of her head. Her eyes were shut and she seemed to be unconscious. But she knew that it was her voice that was calling her.

 

When their distance almost became nothing, suddenly the girl opened her eyes and Chunjie felt chill and fear running through her spine as they made contact. It felt like something had threatened her.

 

Wake up!’

 

---

 

 

Hana pushed all of the things on the table to the edge and let them fall. She was angry. She turned to face the sunglasses men who stood by the balcony door.

 

"How can you let her get away?" she asked furiously.

 

The men dropped their gazes as they felt guilty to have done so.

 

“She’s just a girl!”

 

“B-but she suddenly vanished when we were after her,” said one of the men.

 

Hana quickly turned her gaze to the man caused him to hold his breath in fear. “Vanished?” Her eyes blazed in a reddish color. “How could she vanish from your sight?”

 

No one dared to answer. It made Hana become more furious. She raised her hand as a blaze of power appeared on her palm. She threw it toward one of the men, sending him off to the wall. It frightened the other men.

 

“Can you calm down for a while?” said the black suit man who was standing by the door the whole time.

 

Hana turned to him. He seemed to have a higher position than the others and closer relation with her as he looked calmer when he approached the girl. He stopped and looked at her for a while then raised his gaze toward the sunglasses men.

 

“You may all leave,” he ordered.

 

The men nodded then left, bringing their fallen friend along with them. The black suit man then looked back to Hana. He lowered his gaze to her arm that was covered by black tint and took it.

 

“No use getting angry at them,” he said as he swiped his finger along the lower arm to the wrist then held the hand and raised his gaze back to her. “It’s not their fault if she could conceal her aura.”

 

Hana pulled her hand off from him and turned as she walked toward the window. “Did you just say that her power is greater than mine?”

 

The man slightly smirked then put his hands behind his back. “You might resemble her.” He paused and looked at Hana. “But you can never be….” He stopped his speech and smiled since he could feel anger from the girl. “Never mind. I have come to tell you something.”

 

“What?”

 

“There was a reaction.”

 

Hana turned to him as if it was something that interested her.

 

---

 

Chunjie’s eyes fluttered open and saw the unfamiliar scene in front of her. There was a set of TV and home theater. Passing over it, there were big glass windows with half-shut curtains. Chunjie could feel the fluffy carpet beneath her. The scene looked familiar. It reminded her of the recreation room on her house. But something looked different.

 

“Good morning.”

 

The words made Chunjie turn her head. She saw Suho smiling down at her. At that moment, her memory about yesterday’s event came back to her. She remembered that she had been teleported to the other world, met Suho and came to his house. She also remembered that she was reading a book before the drowsiness came. She gasped and quickly sat as she realized that she had fallen asleep on his lap. She didn’t know why she did that. She just felt very tired.

 

“Oh gosh,” she said then sat facing the guy. “I’m so sorry.”

 

But he just smiled and raised his position with the support of his hands.

 

“You were supposed to wake me up,” she said again.

 

“It’s fine. You looked so tired. So I don’t want to bother your sleep,” Suho said.

 

Chunjie grinned as she felt sorry. “You could have woken me up,” she murmured as she dropped her gaze.

 

Somehow it made him chuckle to think how adorable she was. He raised his hand and patted her head. “It’s fine,” he repeated. Suho wanted to raise his body. But he realized that his right foot was numb. Probably it was because she slept on his thigh the whole night. “But…” He plopped his body back to the carpet.

 

She raised her gaze to him.

 

Suho nudged his right foot with his finger. “I think my foot is dead,” he said as dryly chuckled.

 

She grinned. She knew it was her fault. “Do you need anything?”

 

“Not really…,” he said. But suddenly, his stomach grumbled. It made him grin in embarrassment. He remembered that he hadn’t eaten anything since last night and he voiced that to her.

 

To hear the voice, Chunjie chuckled and covered her lips with her hand since she didn’t want to offend him.

 

Suho couldn’t help but to laugh along while feeling his face becoming hot. He was embarrassed but he also considered that it was funny. “Oh, gosh. This is embarrassing,” he said as he covered his red face. He cupped his cheeks. “I don’t know why my stomach picked the wrong time to tell me that I’m hungry.”

 

She smiled then lowered her hands. “Alright. I think I’d better prepare breakfast,” she said then stood up and went to the kitchen. She tied her hair into a bun as she walked.

 

He quickly looked at her. “You don’t actually need to do that. The house keeper will come later to prepare the breakfast.”

 

She stopped by the table and turned to him. “It’s fine. Just consider it as my way to apologize for making your foot numb.”

 

Suho just smiled to hear it. But then, suddenly he felt a life force coming toward the house. It was abstract, cool and coming in full speed. Somehow he knew that it was a water-based force. But he didn’t get any good impression from it. He thought it might want to harm Chunjie. So, while ignoring the numbness on his foot, he stood up and dashed to her. In a fast speed, he grabbed her and brought her to take cover behind the pantry table.

 

At that same moment, a mass volume of water broke into the windows. It splashed in and drenched the room. Suho quickly grabbed her and pulled her into his arms to protect her from getting harm. But the water didn’t touch them since they were well-hidden behind the pantry bar.

 

Suho released his embrace and lowered his hands. “Are you okay?”

 

She just nodded.

 

He signaled her to keep quiet then moved to the edge of the table to take a peek.

 

There was a water feminine figure with amber eyes floating on his living room. Its hair and skin were colored in ocean blue. Below its body, there was a shape of water fin instead of legs and feet. The water supported it as if it was part of its body. The creature reminded him of the mermaids but with a furious look. It looked around as if it was looking for something or someone. As it hissed, he could see its sharp fangs. He realized that it might be looking for him and Chunjie. But it seemed that it hadn’t found them yet. He returned to her side.

 

“What’s wrong?” she whispered.

 

“It’s a water creature.” He then realized that he couldn’t win over it. They had the same power base. His attack would merge with it rather than hurting it. He sighed desperately. “Damn. My power is useless against it.”

 

“Do you need fire then?” She then raised her hand as if she wanted to call upon a fire power.

 

But he quickly grabbed her hand and stopped her from doing what she wanted to do. “Don’t. Don’t do it. Don’t cast any power. I need you to stay as low as possible.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I’m afraid that they will figure out your presence here if you use your power.”

 

It seemed that she realized he might be right. “So what should we do?”

 

He looked at her then threw his gaze around. He saw the door and had an idea. He looked back at her. “I’ll distract her. Run to the door and leave.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’ll catch up with you later,” he said then patted her hand.

 

As he was about to come out from the pantry table, suddenly she grabbed his shirt. He looked back at her.

 

“Wait.”

 

He wanted to ask why she stopped him. But she seemed to be lost in thought. Her gaze lowered.

 

His brows knitted as he saw her closing her eyes for a few seconds. “What are you doing?” he asked as she opened her eyes.

 

But before he got an answer, he detected a familiar aura approaching. He recognized it as another Legend. He knew which Legend the power belonged to. It was Chanyeol’s. But somehow he felt that it was a little different.

 

Then, he saw a flash of reddish light fly pass above his house before it turned and dived toward the house. That was when he realized that the aura he felt earlier was a flame phoenix that only Chanyeol could summon.

 

But why is the Phoenix here?

 

The water creature turned as it felt the Phoenix’s presence. Probably it knew that the flaming bird was a threat for it. It shrieked before it dodged as the Phoenix passed. Suho could see that the water beneath it evaporated as the flame touched the water. The Phoenix flew in circle once, leaving a trail of flame behind and entrapping the water creature. It stopped and turned to face the creature that was shrieking at the bird in anger. The Phoenix replied with another shriek like an alarm call.

 

The water creature then shot out some blue arrows toward the Phoenix. The Phoenix spread its wings and the blue arrows were burnt before they reached it. It then flapped its wings forward. Some fire arrows appeared and dashed toward the fury. The fury turned and moved, wanting to avoid the arrows. But it realized that it was trapped. It turned just to find the arrows penetrating its body. The Phoenix then sent another batch that soon penetrated the creature’s body and vaporized it.

 

For a moment, the situation became silent before Suho felt like being . He felt like he was transferred into different places though he was not. And when he raised his gaze, he found out that his house was intact as if nothing had happened in there. The glass windows were unbroken and the furniture had returned to their places. No sign of water, burns or damages. But the Phoenix’s presence on his living room told him that the attack earlier had happened. He then turned to Chunjie, finding the girl had lowered her hand. She stood behind the kitchen table. He realized what she had done.

 

“You set a barrier?”

 

She only smiled innocently. But Suho didn’t notice that she had set a barrier.

 

“When…”

 

She shrugged her shoulders. “I was warned,” she said then walked toward the living room.

 

“But the Red Forces will know your presence.”

 

She kneeled on the place where the water creature was and touched the floor. “Ah, they already knew from the moment I arrived here,” she said carelessly.

 

He followed her. “And they sent their creature here to attack you?”

 

She stood up. “This creature is not Red Forces’.”

 

“What?”

 

“I was once told that many creatures, other than Red Forces, are aiming for Sunsu. This creature is one of them. I too was attacked by them on my world sometimes.”

 

“And the Phoenix? I only know one person who can summon it.”

 

She turned at him and smiled. “I was lucky that my power is returning a little so I can call upon it.” She turned her gaze to the door. “But I think it’s better if you open the door. Your friend is coming.”

 

Suho looked at the door as he heard the words. He felt another Legend coming to the house. He came to the door and opened it, just to find Chanyeol panting and look as if he was in a hurry.

 

“Hyung, I’m in trouble,” he said in panic. “My Phoenix…” But then he became silent as he gazed over Suho’s shoulder. A slight gasp slipped out from his mouth.

 

Suho turned and saw the Phoenix facing at the door. But he knew what made Chanyeol gasp in awe. It was Chunjie who stood before the Phoenix. But something from her told him that she had power and charisma beyond his imagination. It made his heart beat and suppressed him to bow. He remembered that there was one time he had felt the feeling; and the time was very long ago beyond his present lifetime when he saw the great entity that was entitled with the name of…

 

“Sunsu.”

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

Author's note:

To all the readers, I hope you enjoy reading the fic. A comment or subscribed will do, if you're willingly :)