Part 12

Sunsu: Legend of the Heart

Warning before reading!!

This part is un-beta-ed. So please bear my bad English.

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

It was something that Chunjie said to Suho as he laid her down on the bed. They had arrived at Suho’s house and the other four Legends were waiting downstairs. Suho pulled the blanket over her body and looked at her with a gentle smile.

 

“It’s fine,” he said with gentle voice as he moved to sit on the bed. “And the one who supposed to apologize is me. It wasn’t long after you arrived at this world. I should have realized that the teleportation have drained your power greatly.” He dropped his gaze and sighed before looking back to her. “So just rest for now. I’ll be explaining about you to the guys.” He stood up as he smiled jokingly “Although I’m not sure there is something to be explained. I’m sure they already knew who you are.”

 

Chunjie smiled weakly to tell him that she had understood.

 

“So, rest.”

 

She nodded and saw him turning to leave. She looked at him as he walked toward the stairs before closing her eyes to rest.

 

As she was lying down, she could feel that her power was greatly drained. Somehow she knew that it wasn’t because of the teleportation’s effect; her power had been restored after it. When she unleashed her power earlier, she felt that her power was drained faster than usual. She noticed it but decided to ignore it. As she reminisced, she felt that it wasn’t coming from the one who was posing as Sunsu; it was greater than her. It was almost as powerful as Sunsu. And she didn’t feel it coming from a certain direction. It seemed to spread across the world’s realm. But out of nowhere, something blocked her power and she felt as if it had been taken away from her. Perhaps it was why she became weak.

 

“Chunjie!”

 

The sudden call made her opening her eyes. And she saw a blue sky beyond the leaves above. She also saw a big branch of a tree. A stranger view yet familiar for her; but she knew that she was on another realm. To be exact, it was the Tree of Life’s realm.

 

Chunjie went down from the place where she laid; it was a soft bed of bushes. There was a green land before her eyes and it connected to a vast blue sea. The blowing wind felt so refreshing and pure. And when she turned, she saw a great tree with two main branches that seemed alike. She knew this place; she had visited once. But she confused why she was there.

 

“Chunjie.”

 

The call seemed very vivid this time, as if it was coming from behind her. She turned and saw a beautiful lady standing few steps away from her. Her silky black hair was flowing to her back, stopping before her waist. Her body was slender and her face was a perfect beauty, showing kindness, gentleness, wisdom and purity far beyond any men’s imagination. She made her thinking that she was nothing if compared with the lady’s beauty.

 

But she had seen her once where she was bounded to a wall by black vines. Although she had frightened her before, Chunjie knew that the lady was harmless as they shared the same essence.

 

“Lady Sunsu…”

 

***

 

Luhan was staring on his dribbling on the white board that located on one side of his room from his swivel chair. He had put on important notes there. But he couldn’t help but wondering what had missed.

 

For days, he had been shutting himself in his room, trying to decrypt the ancient language; he even left his programming work behind. Eventually, he had managed to discover the letters and the basic pattern of the language. More or less, he managed to read the notebook. But the more he reads the more questions that hung around his head.

 

One thing that he kept questioning was about the book writer. Through the mother’s mind, he had known that the man was blessed by ancient language knowledge and foretelling ability. He also had wisdom and power far beyond ordinary human. The mother never knew more about him. But through his notebook, Luhan found that the man had known more than everyone else; he was an interesting man. Luhan also started to wonder who he really was, to whose side he belonged; and how long has he lived?

 

But it was something that he would keep until later as he would still need to think about the two worlds’ teleportation.

 

Of course, he had found the way of teleporting to another world; it was written on the note book that Chunjie’s father had left. It was a simple method with an ancient spell to open the passage between two worlds. There was also an explanation that there was a specific time where the passage could easily open, in which it was the Eclipse. Other than that, there was a Holy Ground that could amplify the power of the spell and acted as a gate that connected the two worlds. But the book didn’t mention what Holy Ground exactly was or where it was. And it made him frustrated.

 

The sound of the door’s knocks brought Luhan back from his thoughts. He turned and saw Kris standing on his doorway.

 

“Finding anything?” he asked.

 

Luhan heaved a sigh. “I managed to decrypt the language.”

 

As if Kris had known that Luhan hadn’t finished with his words, he asked, “But?”

 

“But I have more questions than answers.”

 

Kris seemed to think for a while before approaching the guy. “Tell me about your finding.”

 

Luhan turned himself to his table where the book was laid. “First of all, I have figured out the method of teleporting between worlds. There’s an ancient spell to open the passage between two worlds. And lucky for us, the spell is written on the book.”

 

Kris seemed to listen.

 

“But sadly, the only time for teleporting is only during the Eclipse time.”

 

“There must be another way, right?”

 

“Yes,” Luhan replied. “But I haven’t managed to solve the puzzle.”

 

Kris frowned and looked at Luhan. “What puzzle?”

 

Luhan took a deep breath before leaning forward and continued his explanation. “Well, Chunjie’s father mentioned about a Holy Ground that can amplify the power of the spell and eventually acts as the passage between two worlds. But there’s no clue about this Holy Ground means. It can be everywhere.”

 

Kris nodded and seemed to think for a while. “Is there anything that mentioned about Holy Ground on Sunsu’s Legend?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “But the only place that they considered as a holy ground during Sunsu’s period was her Temples.”

 

Kris took a deep breath and straightened his body. “Probably we can start from the temple’ ruins.” He took out his phone. “Call the others. Give them the spell and tell them to go to the temple ruins. If it contains holy power, I’m sure we can find it.”

 

“How can you be so sure that we will find it?”

 

“Because he has power more than ordinary human.” His voice went deeper. “And so do us.”

 

Kris turned and went out, leaving Luhan who looked at him until he was out of the room. The latter turned back to his table and heaved a sigh while saying, “Okay.”

 

 

 

 

If there was something that convenience for the Legends, it was the fact that they had sharper senses than normal people. They could easily detect even the slightest powers that normal people couldn’t feel. It was probably the reason why the Legends were out to find the Holy Ground. They were went in pair except for Kris who decided to search from above. Xiumin and Chen went to the outskirt area where a ruin of Sunsu Temple was laid, leaving Luhan, Lay and Tao. The three of them had decided to go to the town where Chunjie spent her early childhood before she met Kris.

 

“Ge.” Tao suddenly talked, trying to have a conversation since they were seemed too busy with their own thoughts. “I’m just wondering. How was Chunjie as a kid?”

 

Lay took a quick glance as he smiled to hear an innocent question. “Why do you want to know?”

 

“I don’t know.” Tao shrugged. “Perhaps, because I met her the last? I just knew her starting from a year ago. I’ve never known how she was as a child. You guys met her when she was younger, right?””

 

Lay slightly chuckled then gave a thought for a while. “Well, I don’t know what to say. But she was an adorable little girl. Even though she was young, she was always questioning everything yet seems to know all.”

 

“Like now?”

 

Lay smirked. “Well, little Chunjie was far cuter. She’s more like a rebel now. But I can’t blame her if you see how Kris treats her. Sometimes, I think Kris has gotten too far for protecting her. I can understand her behaviors.”

 

Luhan only smiled because he understood what Lay had said. But when he turned his gaze outside the window, his smile quickly dropped. His eyes fell to a certain place outside the window. There was a small forest outside with a low stone fence separating the place from the street. But he could feel a tremendous power flowing from the land. It was vague but he could feel it.

 

“Lay, stop.”

 

Lay quickly hit the brake when Luhan told him to. He turned to look at Luhan. “What?”

 

But the older guy didn’t reply. He went out from the car despite of his friends’ confusion; eyes fixed toward the land. “What’s wrong with him?” Tao asked.

 

Lay clicked his tongue and pulled the car over on the sideway. He then came out from the car and went to Luhan who already stood by the low fence, looking at the forest; Tao followed suit.

 

“Yah, Luhan. What’s the matter?” Lay asked when he almost arrived beside Luhan.

 

Luhan looked around for a while then turned his gaze to Lay. Tao arrived behind them. “I think this is the Holy Ground.”

 

 

Few minutes later, a motorcycle’s sound was heard. Lay, Luhan and Tao turned to look at it. It approached and stopped behind the car; there were two people on it. The passenger on the back seat got off and took off his helmet before putting it down on the seat. He was Chen and Xiumin was the driver.

 

“Did you really find the entrance?” Chen asked as Xiumin took off his helmet.

 

“It’s in there,” Tao replied him while turning to the forest.

 

Xiumin looked at the prairie then nodded his head and turned his gaze to Luhan. “You’re right. I can feel a strong power flow in there.”

 

“But what’s in there?” Chen asked as he pointed at the forest.

 

“We don’t know,” Lay replied. “We haven’t checked. But I don’t remember if there’s anything related with Sunsu Legend’s around here.”

 

Chen looked back to the guys. “And where’s Kris?”

 

“He’ll come soon,” Luhan said. But then he seemed to sense something. “Ah, no. He’s here.”

 

As soon as Luhan finished his sentence, the Legends felt another Legend’s aura approaching. They looked up to the sky and saw the Flight Legend coming. He dived and landed on his feet.

 

“Have you guys searched?” It was the first thing that Kris asked after he landed.

 

“Not yet,” Luhan replied him, “We’re waiting for you.” He threw his gaze to the forest. “It’s in there.”

 

Kris looked at the place for a while then nodded. “Yes, it is. I can sense it from the air.” He turned to the guys. “Let’s go.”

 

With the signal, the other Legends jumped over the low fence and entered the forest. But as they searched around, they couldn’t find what they were looking for.

 

Chen stopped on his track and heaved a sigh. “This is useless. A strong force covers the ground. But I can’t pinpoint where it’s coming from. It feels like it’s coming from all over the place.”

 

“Perhaps we should try to find which place has the strongest current,” Lay suggested.

 

Chen rolled his eyes. “I’ve told you. It’s all over the place. Do you think it will be easy?”

 

“Keep on going, guys,” Xiumin told them.

 

“But Chen is right,” Tao said. “The power is all over the place.”

 

Meanwhile his friends were bickering about the flow’s point of origin, Luhan tried to concentrate on his power. He was the Legend that controlled the mind and he aware that he had the sharpest sense amongst the Legends. So he tried to find a clue through his power.

 

For a moment, Luhan tried to sort every voices around him, every thoughts and every aura that he sensed. He cut off every things that unnecessary for him to hear, even his friends’ thought. Until finally, he came to a single voice that he wanted to hear the most.

 

Luhan!”

 

Luhan’s eye jolted open as he heard the vague yet familiar voice inside his mind. He quickly turned. He knew whose voice it was. It surprised him to know that he could hear her voice when they had separated by dimensions.

 

Tao noticed the change on the Mind Legend’s behavior. He came to him. “What’s wrong?” Tao asked as he saw Luhan who seemed to look for something or someone. “What are you looking for?”

 

But Luhan hushed him down as he heard another call from the girl. This time, the call was clear. “Chunjie?”

 

To hear the name, all the Legends turned to Luhan. Kris quickly came to his side, trying to ask him where she was. But Luhan ignored him and walked away in hurry as if someone had guided him. Kris and the other Legends followed him until they arrived in an opening and Luhan stopped.

 

In front of him, there was an opening. But they could see a low platform made from bricked stone and covered by bushes and vines. Luhan stepped forward and looked at the platform. It was just an ordinary stone platform for human eyes. But from there, he could feel a strong pure power.

 

“This is the place,” Xiumin said.

 

“I guess so,” Tao replied him. “But what is this place? How can it slip off from our sight? How can we never know about it?”

 

“Well, our world works in weird way. It’ll be the same if you’re trying to ask why our world never collide with another world. Even the Legends like us never know the answer,” Chen said. “Just think that perhaps this place was kept safe and unnoticed until today.”

 

“By whom?” Tao asked again.

 

“That’s the question that I want to know the answer as well, my friend,” Chen said.

 

Luhan stepped up to the platform. He could feel an invisible dimension gate in front of him. It was locked as he had thought. And along with it, he also felt Sunsu’s power. It made him realize that it was Sunsu who protected the gate. But something made him wondering; why unleashed the protection now?

 

Luhan looked around as he felt Kris beside him. The guy’s gaze was straight to the gate; his brows knitted.

 

“So this is it,” Kris said. “Now, we can bring her back.” He turned his gaze to Luhan. “Open the gate.”

 

Luhan only nodded. Kris jumped down the gate and let Luhan doing his work. Luhan raised his palm against the gate and concentrated his power to open the gate as he muttered the spell. A vertical line of light shone out from the gate. To see it, Kris looked at his other friends.

 

“Prepare yourself. We never know what we will face once we cross the gate.”

 

His friends looked understand.

 

As the vertical line opened up and made an oval shape gate, the 6 Legends went through it.

 

 

 

When the Legends arrived on the other end and came out from so-called tunnel, their vision was welcomed by a sight of monsters attacking the place. The sky was dark; reddish flame sparked amongst the dark cloud. The first thing that came to Luhan’s mind when he saw the red force’s monsters was Chunjie’s safety. He quickly jumped off the small platform and ran to where Chunjie was; he could feel her through her aura.

 

“Ya, Luhan!” Xiumin wanted to come after him. But a harpy flew toward them and swung its talon. Xiumin quickly blocked the attack with a wall of ice, trapping the talon. He created a dagger of ice then stabbed the harpy and made it vanished into thin air.

 

Tao took off his sword from its sheath and fought the monsters along with his friends. “Why are they attacking? How come they know that we’re coming?”

 

“I don’t know,” Chen said then unleashed a blast of lightning to destroy the bats around him.

 

Kris raised his palm toward a harpy and his dragon came out to banish the monster. He then turned to Lay. “Lay, find Luhan. I’m sure you will find Chunjie with him as well.”

 

Lay nodded and went away while the others stayed behind and fought.

 

While fighting, Kris suddenly felt strong yet familiar aura coming to his way. Through his mind, he ordered his dragon to attack the aura. The dragon shrieked and flew over his head toward the aura. Kris turned and saw his dragon charging toward a flame phoenix. Energy barriers’ collision happened as the dragon and the phoenix collided. Both of them moved apart and turned to face each other before spreading their wings and unleashing their aura. But seeing the Phoenix, Kris knew that the creature was equally powerful as his dragon. He also detected at least five powerful auras amongst the creatures. But somehow, he didn’t felt good with them.

 

“Chen,” Kris called the Lightning Legend. “Can you send down a lightning blast?”

 

Chen nodded. “Where?”

 

Kris pointed a certain place where he sensed the powerful auras. “There.”

 

Chen looked understand. He spread his hands and called upon the lightning. Lightning crackled above and soon it came down to the place where Kris had pointed. But a giant wall of soil formed from the ground and blocked the lightning.

 

“A soil user among the Red Creatures?” Tao frowned to see the soil dome.

 

“I don’t know,” Chen said then sent down another lightning to the dome. But it seemed that the lightning didn’t do much damage to the soil dome.

 

Then, a part of the dome seemed to split up and waters shot from the crack. Xiumin quickly moved forward and froze them, creating ice spears in which Tao managed to stop before they hit them. The frozen waters fell to the ground.

 

“Water?” Xiumin frowned. “The Red Creatures have elemental users?” He turned his gaze to the leader.

 

But before any one of them could answer, a gust of wind attacked. Xiumin quickly turned back and created a wall of ice to block the wind. The Flame Phoenix charged toward the Legends but the Dragon quickly dived and blocked it.

 

Meanwhile the Flame Creatures fought in the sky, Kris felt another attack from the water user. “Chen!” He called the younger guy, signaling him to prepare himself.

 

Chen understood and prepared himself. Lightning crackled on his hands. He knelt and pressed his palm against the ground. A moment later, lightning struck from the sky toward the dome.

 

But before the lightning hit the dome, something interjected and nullified the attack. “What the—“ Chen cursed then released another round of lightning.

 

Again, the attack was nullified. But this time, the dome was nullified as well. Kris saw it as a chance to attack. He looked up to his Flame Dragon, ordering it to attack. The Dragon understood; it shrieked and flapped its wings before dived toward the dome.

 

Stop!”

 

Luhan’s voice was heard in their mind. But Kris didn’t intend to stop. Every creature who intended to harm Chunjie or tried to take her away from him was his enemy; and it also applied to people.

 

Seeing that the Flame Dragon wanted to attack its master, the Flame Phoenix dived to interject the way. But both of them suddenly disappeared as they flew by, leaving ripples of energy on an invisible wall. Chen, Tao and Xiumin seemed to surprise seeing it happens; while Kris only frowned.

 

And a second later, they heard someone coming from behind them. They turned and saw unfamiliar guy breaking through the bush. But out of reflex, Tao charged toward the guy.

 

Suho quickly skidded in halt to see a Legend trying to attack him. He didn’t expect it and quickly created a water ball to counter the attack in reflex. But as he had thrown the water ball toward the Legend, he felt Chunjie’s aura appearing. He saw her coming from the corner of his eyes. The girl looked surprise to see the Legends fighting each other. But in a nick of time, all the Legends there felt a great power appearing from Chunjie.

 

“Did I have told you to STOP?!”

 

A blast of power happened as the girl finished her words. The Legends staggered back as the wave of energy hit them. It nullified everything that came out from the Legends, throwing Tao back, and banished the Red Creatures around them. Even the sky opened up and the dark cloud perished because of it. The energy seemed to halt within a kilometer range before it withdrew back.

 

Luhan and Lay arrived on the place with Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O., and Sehun behind them. They quickly stopped as they saw the energy going back to Chunjie. Something within her had made them aware of her.

 

Kris, Xiumin, Luhan, Lay, Chen and Tao amazed to see how powerful the girl had become. They had experienced the similar event when Chunjie transported herself to another world. And they knew that she was powerful. But her power now seemed to be on a different level.

 

She seemed to be more powerful and somehow graceful; her power felt purer. They never felt such tremendous pure power coming out from her.

 

It felt like Sunsu herself was dwelling within her.

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

Author's note:

Hyaaa~ sorry for the long waiting. I got caught on another story and also with my real life. But please understand that making fantasy-action fiction is harder than making fluffy-romance fiction for me. So it will take a while to think and write about the scene. Actually I was writing, erasing and re-writing the chapters over and over again.

To all the readers and subscribers, I hope you enjoy reading this fic although it's lacking in some parts. And thank you so much. Believe me when I say I love you all.