Part 11

Sunsu: Legend of the Heart

Warning before reading!!

This part is un-beta-ed. So please bear my bad English.

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

Luhan stepped on the accelerator pedal and sped along the empty road. Tao was kind enough to stop the time so the car wouldn’t harm anyone. The younger guy knew that they needed to reach home as fast as they could since they needed to find something. They shared the same mind.

 

The mother’s words were playing on his mind. She had told them who she was and where she had come from. She was indeed a human from another world. She came to their world through portal dimension between the two worlds to escape from the Red Forces’ grasp. It was necessary to protect the baby that she bore. The baby was wanted by the Red Forces.

 

The mother also revealed another secret. The one who they had known and believed as Chunjie’s father was not actually her real father. It was his disguise when they reached this world. The mother called him as Suho, or the guardian as her mother language said. He said that he wasn’t a Legend as she could recall. But he had wisdom and power beyond an ordinary human. He also had the knowledge of the ancient language from the Tree of Life’s era. And it was the language that he used to write his personal journal, including the way of traveling between two worlds.

 

It made Luhan realize that he had seen the journal before. Kris had showed it to him once. The secret of two worlds travel had been there within their grasp. But they had never realized it.

 

Tao stored his power and made the time move again as their car arrived at the driveway toward the house. The tire squeaked as he stepped on the brakes. He quickly turned off the engine and came out, almost slamming the door as he was in a hurry.

 

Lay,’ he called through his telepathy as he almost reached the door and bellowed the name as he had entered the house.

 

The guy came out from the back room, frowning and feeling confused with the distress call upon his name. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Did you know where Kris keeps Chunjie father’s books?” he asked in a hurry.

 

Lay tilted his head, absorbing only half of the question. But then, he quickly realized what Luhan was asking. “Probably in his room.”

 

“Kris is coming soon. Tell him that I’m in my room if he comes.” Luhan quickly moved toward it, ignoring Lay’s words afterward.

 

“But I don’t know whether he really keeps…”

 

But the older guy had already stepped out from the front room. Lay heaved then turned his gaze to Tao who just stepped into the house.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” he pointed at the rooms’ corridor where Luhan went.

 

“We just met Chunjie’s mother,” Tao replied as he closed the door.

 

Realization look came to Lay’s face as his brows knitted. “Did he see through her mind?”

 

Tao went silent for a while as he looked at the corridor. “Yes, I guess.”

 

Luhan opened the door of Kris’ room. Kris had applied no-locked-door-but-respect-other’s-privacy rule on the house. So no one had locked their rooms, including Kris’, even when they were sleeping. It had helped Lay a lot when he was cleaning the house. And it also helped him to barge into the room like this.

 

The room was neat and well-organized. Some pictures of Kris were hung on the wall. They were the results of his modeling work. There was a minimalist table for his working table. But he ignored it for a while as he came to the tall bookshelf on the room. He ran his gaze across the lines of the books but couldn’t find the one that he wanted. He then came to the table and opened the drawers. The top drawer on the right was locked. For someone like Kris, there must be a reason why it was.

 

He ran his gaze across the table and found a small box. He remembered Kris had stored his keys there. He opened it and found the key. He quickly unlocked the drawer and found the journal book. He took it out, opened it up and found that it was written on different ancient language that he didn’t know. He put the book on the table, flipping over the pages and looking for things that he could use.

 

“What did you find?”

 

Luhan stopped as he heard the deep voice. It was Kris’.

 

So he has come.

 

He turned to find the taller guy, standing by the door with Lay and Tao behind him. Kris looked fierce with his frowning look. But Luhan knew that he only demanded answers.

 

“I touched her conscious mind when our eyes met. And accidentally, I saw some of her memories. Chunjie’s parents are not the ones that we have known before.”

 

Luhan stopped to take a breath.

 

“Her father was not her real father. He was someone who came and saved her mother from the villagers’ rage because of her pregnancy. And they didn’t come from this world. They came here to run away from the Red Forces’ influence and to protect Chunjie.” He looked at the book. “And she told me that the way to cross the worlds was written on this journal.”

 

Kris listened to him as he stepped into the room. He stopped beside Luhan and pressed his palms against the table as he leaned forward. “Do you realize that none of us can read it?”

 

“I know,” Luhan replied in distress.

 

“But Chunjie can,” Lay suddenly spoke up, causing the other guys to look at him. “I remember seeing her muttering something in language that I didn’t recognize when I first came into her household. I thought it was a spell but she told me that it’s a language far beyond our time. I think what she meant was the Tree of Life’s period.”

 

“But she’s not here,” Tao reminded them.

 

Luhan ignored the fact and turned his gaze to Kris. “Kris, if you allow me, I can try solving the language.”

 

Shocked, Lay diverted his gaze at him. “Yah, it’s not a puzzle that you can play with. You’ve learned different languages before. There are structures, grammars, vocabularies and all. It’s not as simple as your cubes.”

 

Luhan quickly cut him. “But I have a basic knowledge of the ancient language. I know it’s not the same one that was written on this journal. But I can see similarities between them. Perhaps I can find something.”

 

The younger two looked at each other as they agreed with Luhan. But it all depended on Kris’ decision. It seemed that he was considering it.

 

“Alright,” he finally decided. “Do whatever you have to do. We need to get Chunjie back.”

 

Luhan smiled when he heard the words. “Thank you,” he said then went to his room. All he needed to do now was translate it. And for it, he would draw out his outmost knowledge of ancient language.

 

***

 

Suho went up to the second level of the café with drinks on his hands. But he then stopped as he reached higher level. Somehow he was disappointed with what he had seen.

 

There was a girl reading a journal book on the table near the window. She seemed so focused on it that she ignored everything around her. She was Chunjie. And he had seen her do that countless time. He had lost track of record. Ever since Chanyeol came and brought the journal, he always saw her reading it. He knew that she was trying to find something from it, probably a way to get back to her world. But often, he saw her having sleepless nights or suddenly waking up in the middle of the night just to read the journal.

 

It worried him that it would wear her out. So he tried to take her out with a purpose so that she would forget about the journal for a while. But it seemed that he had failed. She still read it. He heaved then stepped toward her.

 

Chunjie shifted her gaze to him as he put a mug in front of her. She smiled. “Thank you.”

 

He just smiled in return and took the seat across from her. His gaze fell to the book and felt disappointed somehow. “So you brought the book too.”

 

Probably, his voice showed his feeling very clearly. She smiled weakly in acknowledgement. “Sorry,” she apologized then looked at the book. “I can’t just get it off my mind.”

 

He turned to her as he sipped his drink and nodded. He put down the mug on the table. “Did you find anything?”

 

She shook her head slowly as she dropped her gaze to the book, regret on her face. “Most of the contents were about my mother’s early pregnancy and their escapee from the Red Forces.” She closed the book. “They kept moving and hiding even though my mother was on her first tri-semester before they settled in on the house where Chanyeol-ssi found the journal. It was a safe place since it’s close to the temple’s ruin. It offered them protection.”

 

“And?”

 

“He did mention about the idea of going to the other world. He started to do a research about it. He had found something. But that was the end of this journal.” She pouted her lips. “I think he had written it in another book.” She heaved. “It’s a dead-end unless we find that journal.”

 

He looked at her. She looked dejected. Somehow he felt obligated to cheer her up. He rested his elbow on the table as he propped his chin on his palm. “But did you find something about your family through this journal?”

 

She smiled gently. “My mother was proud and honored to have me. She never had a thought to abort me.” Her smile disappeared and frown came to her face. “But the Priest who wrote this journal…” she looked at him, “…do you think that he was my father on my world?”

 

Suho went silent as he heard the question. From what he had known from the journal according to her translation, the man who helped her mother was the last priest from the Sunsu’s Temple. He served under the Holy Priest at the time Sunsu existed and survived from the Red Forces’ attack to the temple. He was blessed by the power of foretelling and the knowledge of Tree of Life language. He didn’t even know about the origin. He was woken up one day in front of the Temple without memories of his early life. He was also the one behind all of the prophecies from the Holy Priest.

 

But something bothered him as he heard about this man. Sunsu had lived thousands of years before their time. So how could a man live that long?

 

“Suho.”

 

The call from her broke his thought. He felt an alarmed tone from her voice. He looked back at her. She was looking to her left, outside the window. Alarmed frown was on her face. “Yes?”

 

“I sense danger.”

 

After she mentioned it, he threw his look out of the window. He did feel a threatening sensation coming his way. It notified him that something evil was coming. Nothing had come yet.

 

But then, he saw a dark cloud coming above the area and a suppressing feeling came to him. He recognized it but it was different from the one he felt when the watery creature came to attack them. This one felt more evil.

 

“The Red Forces.” He stood up and quickly went out.

 

Chunjie quickly grabbed the journal and put it back on her bag. She stood up and followed him to the sidewalk. As she arrived outside, she quickly looked up. She saw a dark cloud hanging above. She could feel that it was spreading wide across the area, probably covering the town. Thunder clashed and lightened up the sky. She suddenly felt threatened.

 

---

 

Baekhyun was checking the equipment on the controlling room. He got the task to make sure that every controller would work perfectly at the time when the shooting ran. But suddenly, he heard someone calling him.

 

He stopped and turned his gaze to the door. No one was there with him. But he really heard someone calling him and it was a girl’s voice. Somehow a suicide story of a girl that had been told by his senior rang on his mind. He quickly shook his head to get rid of the thought.

 

No ghost is around and the voice was just my imagination, he thought as he returned to his task. Besides, it was noon.

 

But then…

 

Legend of Light!”

 

Baekhyun dropped his pen and paper, surprised to hear the sudden call. He turned around and moved back, banging the controller table. The voice was so clear and loud now. It frightened him. But then, he frowned.

 

Somehow he felt an urgent tone on the voice… as if something dangerous had happened. And he had a weird tingling feeling as he heard it. The voice… it felt so familiar.

 

Suddenly, he caught a shining light coming from beneath him. He dropped his gaze and saw light shining from his feet, crawling up to swallow his body. The light started to shine from his palms too. He gasped in fear to see the phenomenon. It never happened to him before. But weirdly enough, he didn’t want to stop it. Then suddenly, it all turned bright before his eyes.

 

And a second later, the brightness faded and he saw an unfamiliar sight of a street in front of him. He looked down to his body. The light was gone and it felt solid. And he felt familiar auras appearing around him. He looked to the left and right, just to find Sehun and D.O. appearing beside him. Confusion was on their faces.

 

Sehun raised his gaze to him. “What just happened?”

 

But Baekhyun didn’t know the answer.

 

A familiar shrieking sound of bird caused them to turn. As they turned, they saw a Phoenix soaring above. And they started to realize why they were summoned to the place.

 

There were people with frightening faces on the street. But they seemed to be protected by layers of ice. Some cars tumbled, overturned or sideward. The hydrant broke and leaked, splashing the water upward. Blasts happened, spurting debris to every direction. A war had happened. But weird enough that they all seemed to pause.

 

In confusion as he saw the scene, Sehun said, “Has the time stopped?”

 

But they didn’t know what had happened.

 

D.O caught a clashing blast on the sky. He looked up and saw an irregular shape of a creature deflecting fireball from a phoenix. The creature seemed to fill its body with eyes. But it had sent the fireball downward to their direction. He quickly reacted. He went forward a few steps as he took a stance of punching then halted and threw a punch to the ground in front of him. The ground shook and the asphalt broke before a shape of wall created before him. It protected them as the fireball hit.

 

He withdrew his fist and the wall immersed with a crackling sound, giving him a clear view of Chanyeol and Suho fighting with the creature above. It seemed that their powers had been deflected by it. He realized that his friends needed help. “We gotta help them.”

 

As they agreed, Sehun and Baekhyun started to run to their friends. D.O followed them.

 

But mid-way, Baekhyun stopped as he detected another source of power beside theirs. He turned his gaze to the right as he felt it was stronger from the side. He saw a petite young girl standing alone with her gaze fixed toward the creature. She caught his attention amongst the other because she was the only one who didn’t have layer of ice warping around her.

 

This girl has tremendous power, he thought.

 

For a moment, he thought that the girl was frozen just like the people around them. But then, her head slowly turned to him. As he gasped in surprise to know that she was able to move, something had come to his consciousness when their eyes met.

 

Blind the creature.”

 

He could hear the girl’s voice on his head, giving him a command. But he knew the voice. It was the same voice that had called him earlier. But he didn’t understand the reason why he had to blind the creature. “What?”

 

Its eyes are the shield. Make it lose its sights and you will be able to penetrate its defenses.”

 

He frowned, feeling confused on how she could know the way to defeat the creature. But he knew that he didn’t have time to ask. The longer the creature existed, the longer the people were in danger. So he decided to believe in her. Besides, she looked kind and cute. A girl like that might not be able to lie. It was his own perception.

 

He looked up to the creature and prepared to unleash his power. He was the Legend of Light. He had the power to create light and also to take the light upon someone’s sight. And that was what he would do right now.

 

Smirking, he spread out his arms with his palms facing upward. Then, balls of light came out from the creature. There were hundreds of them, as equal as the quantity of its eyes. They were shot out and collected on Baekhyun’s palms.

 

The creature wailed as its sights were taken. It panicked as its eyes were its defense and power. With the hundreds eyes all over its body, it could see ambushes from every direction and deflected them as well to shoot out its attacking power.

 

“Guys! Now!” Baekhyun signaled his friends to attack the creature.

 

His friends knew what they needed to do. Suho quickly summoned a string of water to tie down the creature as he saw it trying to escape. It gave D.O a moment to create two sharp blades sprung out from the soil.

 

Those blades penetrated the creature’s body, making it shriek in pain. But the Legends didn’t stop. Sehun gathered his wind force and sent it to the creature, cutting it into pieces. Lastly, Chanyeol cast out his flame to burn the pieces. As the remains of the creature fell down to the ground, Baekhyun cast the light that he had collected back up, clearing the sky and banishing the dark cloud away from above the town. And as the sky became clear, the guys felt that the energy field around them had drawn back.

 

Suho turned to Chunjie as he felt the girl had dismissed her power. He saw her fall on her feet, looking tired. Feeling worry, he came to her. “Chunjie-ah.”

 

Chanyeol heard the worry call of the leader and turned. He felt worried too and followed Suho. Meanwhile, the other three turned to see who had worried their leader. They saw the girl and realized that the energy field drew back to her.

 

Suho kneeled beside her and held her shoulders as if he wanted to support her. He was worried as he saw her pale face. “Are you alright?”

 

“I’m fine.” She dropped her gaze. “Just feeling a little tired.”

 

But her pale face and panting breathe couldn’t deceive him.

 

“What happen to her, Hyung?”

 

Suho looked up to Chanyeol. “I guess she hasn’t recovered. Her energy is drained after she cast her power.”

 

Somehow, Baekhyun felt a tug of guilt on his heart; he knew that she wasn’t only stop the time and put barriers on innocent people, but also calling and teleporting the other Legends. On the same moment, he also felt another wave of dark force approaching. He quickly realized that the force was drawn by the girl’s pure aura. He felt the urge to protect her.

 

“Another wave is coming.” D.O was the first to speak, warning them about the incoming.

 

Suho looked up them, considering whether he would need to let them coming along or not. But he was more concerned about keeping her safe and he knew that he would need them. He looked back at Chanyeol. “We don’t have time. We need to get her away from here before the Red Creatures come again.”

 

Chanyeol nodded and quickly stood up then went to the car. Suho stood up as he carried her in his arms, bridal style. She is so light, he thought as she felt her body weight on his arm.

 

But before he went away, he turned to the other three. He knew that they would have questions on their minds, especially about her. “You all can come if you like. I will explain everything there.” He then turned and left.

 

Sehun, D.O and Baekhyun stared on each other. All of them seemed to agree. They turned to follow their leader. They needed explanations… especially about the girl, her great power upon time, space, mind and ice…

 

And furthermore, why she had Sunsu’s aura coming out from her.

 

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

Author's note:

To all the readers, I hope you enjoy reading the fic. A comment or subscribed will do, if you're willingly :)