Part 7

Sunsu: Legend of the Heart

Warning before reading!!

This part is un-beta-ed. So please bear my bad English.

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

Kris entered the house through the kitchen’s door with his friends following him. Their expressions varied; they looked worried, hopeless and panic with a little hint of anger on Kris' face. Losing Chunjie had made them panicked. They were worried about her.

 

Kris put the school bag that he brought to the chair and turned to his friends. It was Chunjie's that she had left before she disappeared. Kris then looked at Luhan.

 

“Where is Chunjie again you said?” Kris asked.

 

“I can’t feel her presence in this world,” Luhan said. “But I felt her presence off to the other world before the Eclipse ended. She must have gone there.”

 

“So, we need to find a way to get to the other world,” Xiumin said.

 

“But how?” Lay asked, causing his friends to look at him. “We know that Two Worlds’ travel is just a theory and myth. No one has ever proved it.”

 

“There must be a way,” Kris said then looked at Chen. “Chen, I keep Chunjie father's books on the book shelf at my room. Get them. We probably can find clues from them.”

 

Chen nodded then went away. Kris looked back to the rest of the guys.

 

“Lay, Tao, did you notice any changes on her behavior?” Kris asked again.

 

Lay and Tao were close to Chunjie and always with her while the other four worked. So, they would notice if the girl acted differently. Lay shook his head after thinking for a while. Tao frowned as he tried to remember. Then, something struck on his mind.

 

“Ah,” Tao said as he remembered something about Chunjie’s behavior lately. “The Eclipse.” He looked at Kris. “I remember Chunjie asking our Science teacher about the Eclipse. I also noticed that she’s been reading books about Eclipse on the library for these past few days. And she kept looking through her telescope.”

 

Lay seemed to remember something. “The theory about the Two Worlds’ travel mentions something about The Eclipse,” he said.

 

“Yeah. The travel will be possible during The Eclipse when the Two Worlds are in line. It will give some kind of channel to go to the other world,” Luhan added.

 

“I just notice that the Eclipse happens often lately,” Xiumin said as Chen came back with books on his hands. He put the books on the dining table where the other guys gathered.

 

“So, when will the next Eclipse happen?” Kris asked then looked at the other guys.

 

“I can work on that,” Luhan said then pulled out a chair and sat. He took out his laptop from his bag and put it on the table. He opened the laptop and started to do calculation.

 

“In the meantime,” Lay looked at the other guys, “I think we need to figure out how to get there.”

 

***

 

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O and Sehun looked at the sky as the Red Dragon vanished and the rain cloud disappeared from the sky. They saw the blue sky as the Eclipse ended. They had managed to banish the Red Forces from their world.

 

“It’s good to see the sky again,” Baekhyun said as he smiled lopsidedly. Then, he looked at the stern-faced guy near him. “I’m glad that the Dragon didn’t cause any further chaos.”

 

D.O looked at the baby-faced guy. “The Eclipse seems to happen so often lately,” he said. “Do you know something about it, Chanyeol?”

 

Chanyeol looked at D.O. He seemed to be distracted for a while. “Ah, no. I don’t know. I’m also wondering about that,” he said.

 

“Probably it’s because of the unbalance that happens since The Red Forces are ruling the other world,” Baekhyun said.

 

“Well, I don’t actually know about that,” Chanyeol said. “There’s no information that tells me if the Red Forces can create unbalance between the Two Worlds.”

 

D.O quickly cut in. “Okay, okay,” he said as he spread out his hands. “I’m not smart enough to understand about the theory and all. But now, I know that I want to go home.” He turned his gaze to the youngest member, Sehun. “Where’s Suho hyung?”

 

“Ah, now that you mentioned it, I haven’t seen him around,” Baekhyun said as he looked around, looking for the leader. “He helped us with the rain but didn’t help us with the fight. What a leader,” he complained. Then, he looked at Sehun. “Sehun, try to call him.”

 

Sehun nodded then fished out his phone from his trousers. He looked at the phone and found an incoming message notification on the screen. “Ah, a message from Suho hyung,” he said.

 

The other guys came to Sehun as the youngest guy opened the message.

 

I’ll be out of town for a few days because I need to do something about my job. Don’t bother looking for me. I’ll be back when I’m done.

 

Somehow, the guys seemed to understand the message. They knew very well that Suho often went out of town because of his job as a manager on his father’s company. So, seeing the message was not something new.

 

D.O smirked to see the message. “How will we explain this to Hana? She’s in a bad mood and in need of Suho hyung right now. I’m not sure that she will understand. She will be furious.”

 

The other guys just looked at each other. They were also wondering about the same thing. How to explain Suho’s absence to Hana without angering the girl?

 

---

 

Chunjie was pushed to the wall behind her as was covered by a big and warm hand. She felt afraid the moment she was pulled. But as she raised her gaze, she saw the familiar gentle eyes. Suddenly, relieving warmth rushed to her body.

 

“Ssttt,” Suho hushed as he pressed his pointing finger to his lips, signaling the girl to stay quiet. “Be quiet,” he whispered to the girl with a gentle smile on his lips.

 

Chunjie obeyed.

 

Suho lowered his hand from Chunjie’s mouth then placed his hand on the wall beside the girl. He moved forward to peek at the alley. But what he had done made Chunjie gasp in silence as the gap between them became smaller. She wanted to move back. But the wall behind her restrained her. She wasn’t used to standing too close to a guy other than the Legends of her world. It made her heart beat faster and harder than usual. But her fear and worry subsided as she felt the guy’s warmth. She felt protected, safe and comfort. She knew that she could trust him.

 

Suho saw the sunglasses men passing the place where they both hid. The men stopped as they realized that they had lost the girl’s trail. They looked around, trying to find where she went. But they seemed unable to detect her presence. They went away. Suho smiled lopsidedly to know that those men had left. He looked back at the girl.

 

“Are you alright?” Suho asked her.

 

Chunjie nodded but found that she was unable to look into the guy’s eyes.

 

Suho smiled in relief. He moved to look at the alley once again. He made sure that the place was safe enough for them to go out. Then, Suho took the girl’s hand and held it. “Come on,” he said then pulled the girl to go with him.

 

Suho came out from the alley with Chunjie and went to his car. He parked his car on the street’s side which was quite crowded. Suho stopped by his car and looked around again. He opened the front passenger’s door and pushed the girl to get in. But Chunjie quickly stopped as she realized that she was drenched. Suho looked at Chunjie as the girl refused to get into the car.

 

“I…” Chunjie looked at the guy and pointed at the seat. “I can make the seat wet.”

 

As soon as he heard the innocent statement, Suho realized that the girl was drenched by the rain that he summoned earlier. But it amazed him to know how kind and innocent the girl was. It made him chuckle. This girl was very different from Hana. She was very kind and considerate.

 

“It’s fine.” Suho gently smiled. “My car won’t die just because you make the seat wet,” he said jokingly. “But those men can harm you if they catch you. Just get in, okay?”

 

Even though she was feeling reluctant, Chunjie knew that the guy was right. So she decided to get into the car. Besides, she was feeling tired.

 

Suho closed the door behind her after the girl got in. He looked around for a while to make sure that no Legends or those sunglasses men around them. As a Legend, he was blessed with powerful sense more than the normal human. So he would know if someone with power was around him. But to his relief, no one was there. Suho turned to the driver side and got in. He turned to look at the girl and saw that she was sitting awkwardly. Somehow he found it funny.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked as he chuckled.

 

It embarrassed Chunjie to see that the guy was laughing at her. She felt her cheeks burning. Surely, her face was blushing. But somehow, she felt less awkward.

 

“Just relax, okay?” Suho said. “I’m the Water Legend. So, I can take care of the wet seat later.”

 

Chunjie just grinned. “Sorry,” she said then leaned herself to the seat.

 

Suho saw that the girl didn’t put on her seatbelt. Unconsciously, Suho moved closer to get the seatbelt. But it caused Chunjie to be stunned and hold her breath when Suho was inches closer to her. She felt her heart beat rapidly. Chunjie was able to breathe again when Suho moved away from her as he had secured the seatbelt for the girl. He sat back on his seat and smiled then looked back to the girl.

 

“Thank you,” Chunjie said.

 

“You’re welcome,” Suho said then his engine and drove away.

 

As the car went, Chunjie looked outside the window. The view looked familiar for her. But some didn’t. It seemed that some part of this world could be different from her world. They were two worlds that seemed alike but not the same.

 

“We have met before, right?” Suho said, breaking off Chunjie’s thought.

 

Chunjie turned around and looked at the guy.

 

“Twice,” Suho added.

 

“Yes,” Chunjie replied.

 

“So, you came from the other world?”

 

Chunjie nodded. “Yes.”

 

Suho smiled. “I thought no one could travel between the two worlds,” he muttered.

 

“It’s possible but hard to do,” Chunjie said.

 

Suho looked at the girl. He realized that the girl was different from him or the other Legends. She was more superior to them, even to Hana. Suho smiled. “Yes, you’re right,” he said.

 

“Do you know who those men were?” The girl turned her body to face Suho.

 

“More or less,” Suho replied as he looked at the front. “This world has fallen into darkness for so long, Cheonsa. You must be careful when you’re here.”

 

“Do you know who I am?”

 

“Yes,” Suho said then took a glance at the girl. “I’ve told you that I’m a Legend too, right?”

 

Chunjie nodded.

 

Suho looked back to the front. “So, I know who you are. I know that we are meant to meet each other.” He paused. “And it’s my duty to keep you safe. So, I’m taking you out of the city. It’ll be safer for you than to stay inside. We don’t know what kind of danger we will find here.”

 

Chunjie looked understand. “Thank you,” she said then leaned back on the seat.

 

“You’re welcome,” Suho replied.

 

Then, Chunjie remembered the way the guy called her. She tilted her head slightly and frowned. “By the way, what did you call me earlier?”

 

“W-what?” Suho seemed to be off-guard at the question.

 

“The name that you mentioned earlier,” Chunjie said.

 

Suho understood the question. “Ah, Cheonsa?”

 

Chunjie nodded as she smiled. Somehow, she was flattered to know that Suho gave her nickname as an Angel. “Angel?”

 

But it seemed that Suho felt embarrassed when he found out that the girl knew the meaning. He scratched the back of his head as he felt awkward. “Ah, yeah.”

 

“Why do you call me Angel?”

 

A shade of pink became visible on Suho’s cheeks. “It’s…” He thought for a bit about how he would explain to her. “It’s because I don’t know your name and I need to call you. Besides, you came to me as a spirit. Even though you’re a spirit, I could feel that you’re a pure creature. So…”

 

Chunjie chuckled at the guy’s awkwardness. But she could understand his reason.

 

“Sorry if you don’t like it,” Suho quickly apologized as he was afraid to offend her feeling.

 

“No, it’s fine,” Chunjie said. “I like it.” She paused. “But my real name is Chunjie.”

 

Suho looked at her.

 

“It means pure in our world language,” Chunjie added.

 

“Ah, Sunsu,” Suho said. “It was what we call the Heart of the Tree of Life, you know?”

 

Chunjie just smiled and nodded. “I know.”

 

“And call me Suho. It means Guardian,” Suho said then smiled. “It’s nice to meet you in person finally.”

 

Chunjie’s smile became wider. She dropped her gaze. She was glad to know the guy’s name. She was also feeling relieved too to know that she met Suho first. Chunjie knew that she could trust him and rely on him just like the Legends on her world. She had felt it since she met Suho for the first time. And somehow, it made her happy to know that she finally met the guy that had made her heart fluttered.

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

Author's note:

To all the readers, I hope you enjoy reading the fic. A comment or subscribed will do, if you're willingly :)