Part 6

Sunsu: Legend of the Heart

Warning before reading!!

This part is un-beta-ed. So please bear my bad English.

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

Kai was walking on the corridor with a tray of a plate of bread, a glass and a jar of water on his hands. He was on his way to Hana’s room.

 

For days, Hana had locked herself inside her room. She also refused to meet everyone, including the Legends. It had been happening since the last Solar Eclipse. Kai, Sehun, D.O, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had tried to ask her to come out of the room. But they didn’t succeed. For once, they tried to ask for Suho’s help. But Suho didn’t seem to care about it.

 

Kai stopped in front of Hana’s door. He raised his hand and knocked three times. He stopped and leaned forward to hear the sounds from inside. But there seemed to be no reaction.

 

“Hana, it’s me, Kai. I bring you food,” he said then went silent for a while.

 

He didn’t hear any reply. But he could hear the sound of people talking from inside, even though the conversation wasn’t clearly heard. Then again, he could hear Hana’s angry voice. Kai held the door’s knob and opened it.

 

At the moment Kai entered the room, the vase on the cupboard beside the door broke, surprising him and causing him to look at it. He could sense Hana’s anger suppressing around him. But he ignored it and turned his gaze to her.

 

Hana was looking at him, sitting on the windowsill. She was wearing a long sleeve shirt with the left sleeve rolled up, showing a black mark covering her left arm to the left shoulder. Kai remembered that the mark wasn’t there before. But he had seen it since the last Solar Eclipse.

 

“Yah, what does that for? Why are you so angry?” he asked as he walked to the round table in the middle of the room. He put the tray there and looked back at Hana. His eyes fell to the mark. “It keeps spreading, right?”

 

She exhaled then rolled down her sleeve. She seemed reluctant to talk about the mark.

 

Realizing that the girl might feel bothered if he asked about the mark, he tried to shift the topic. “D.O hyung asked me to bring you food,” Kai said. “He’s worried since you never come out of the room.”

 

He stepped back and turned to the cupboard. He walked there and squatted.

 

“The others are also worried about you,” Kai said as he picked up the glass pieces.

 

“And Suho?”

 

To hear the name, he stopped. Unpleasant look was shown on his face for a while. Somehow, he felt dislike to hear the name. “He’s working as usual,” Kai said.

 

He could hear Hana heave. He looked around and saw her walking to the bed and sat there. “Do you still expect him to care?”

 

One corner of her lips tugged upward slightly. Kai stood up and threw the broken vase to the bin. He looked at Hana and went to her.

 

“Was the mark caused by that girl?” he asked.

 

She looked at him. “Her power is getting stronger. Soon, I might not have the power to protect this world anymore.”

 

“So, what can I do?”

 

Hana turned her gaze to the window. “There will be another Solar Eclipse. At that time, the portal to the other world will be opened.” She then looked at him. “I might not be able to come across. But you can.”

 

“Do you want me to come after that girl?”

 

“You have seen her. And you have seen what she could do.” She touched her left arm. “This mark is the curse that she sent me. The only thing that can be done to lift this curse and to save this world is to kill her.”

 

Kai took a quick glance at her arm and back to her; something had made his gaze grow darker. “I’ll see what I can do.”

 

Hana smiled. “Thank you, Kai.” She raised her hand and held his. “I know that I can always count on you.”

 

***

 

Chunjie was sitting on a café while waiting for Luhan to pick her up. He was delivering a program that he made to his client. But he would meet her on the café after he was done with the meeting. She propped her chin on her palm and sighed. She was feeling a little bit bored because of waiting.

 

But then, her eyes caught a paper bag that lied on the chair beside her. Chunjie took it and put it on the table. She opened the bag and took out an accessory that her friends bought for her. It was a phone strap with a cute character on it. She then decided to put it on. She smiled to see it hanging on her phone. The strap was so cute.

 

Earlier, some of girls from her class took her to the city to hang out. They called it: the girls’ bonding time. They even forbid Tao to come with them. They went to shop and eat on a café. It had been long since Chunjie had hung out with her girlfriends as a normal girl. So Chunjie enjoyed the moment.

 

She put the phone back to the table. Among all of those fights against the Evil creatures, she had forgotten how it felt like to live normally. She knew that she couldn't blame anyone or even herself for her fate. She was born as the Pure One. But it was really nice to have a moment where she could enjoy her life as a normal human.

 

All of the sudden, Chunjie froze as she felt something. She looked to the window. She sensed the other world’s presence approaching. Every time she sensed it, the Eclipse would come. And if the Eclipse came, the Evil creatures would follow.

 

She took her bag and her phone then came out from the café. She looked up as she arrived outside. The so-called moon started to cover the sun slowly. At that moment, Chunjie felt the wave of evil force coming. It brought pressure to her chest. She knew that danger had come.

 

Then, she felt something else coming. Chunjie turned her gaze to her right. She felt a wave of energy approaching. It felt familiar for her.

 

From afar, she saw everything starting to pause. The people, the animals, the things, even the wind seemed to freeze. But she recognized the aura. It was the Time Legend’s. So it was Tao who froze the time somewhere out there.

 

The wave of energy came passing her by, causing everything to stop moving. Chunjie looked back to the sky. The evil aura was getting closer. She could see the shape of a big bird appearing and flying toward her. As the creatures flew closer, she realized that the creature had a human face with a body of an eagle. She gasped as she realized that those creatures were the harpies.

 

She moved one of her feet forward, ready to take an action. But then, she felt another familiar wave of energy approaching fast. She looked to her right again and saw a shape of flamed dragon. She recognized it. It was Kris’ summoned dragon.

 

The dragon quickly cut the harpies’ way. It stormed at them and swept the most front harpies line, banishing them with its flame as it passed by. The rest of the harpies stopped and shrieked as they saw their friends exploding into red dust. Their eyes were fixed upon the dragon and looked angry.

 

The dragon twirled and stopped as it faced the harpies. It sprung out its wings, wanting to scare them away. But they just shrieked to mourn over their fallen friends.

 

Meanwhile on the ground, Chunjie was looking at the dragon and the harpies. She was feeling worried to know that the Dragon would fight the army of harpies alone. But she felt something reaching her mind realm.

 

Run, Chunjie!’

 

She turned as she heard Luhan’s voice on her mind. She knew that he sent telepathy at her. But his voice seemed to be in the urge of danger.

 

“Luhan?” she said.

 

Hide yourself. Now!’

 

Chunjie quickly realized that something might happen to the Legends somewhere. Probably they were fighting enemies somewhere and unable to come to her as soon as possible. That was why Kris sent his dragon instead of coming on his own.

 

“Where are you?” She turned and wanted to walk away. But something suddenly touched her consciousness and stopped her.

 

She looked up to the Eclipse. Her heart started to beat unsteadily as she felt a familiar aura coming from the Eclipse. She recognized it as the aura of a Legend. But it didn’t belong to one of the Legends that she knew. Moreover, she had met this Legend and she didn’t feel any good intention from him.

 

She dropped her gaze and went away.

 

---

 

Kai opened his eyes and saw the familiar street. He looked around and saw the familiar buildings. Everything looked the same as he could remember. But the only thing that was different was the frozen time. So Kai knew that he had managed to come to the other world once again.

 

He turned his body. There was a sword on his hand. Now, he would need to find that girl that he had seen before. Following his instinct, Kai walked to a small alley. He walked to a small alley, towards the other end.

 

As reached his destination, he saw some guys fighting the Red creatures on the street. Five were in total. Damages were everywhere around the area as he looked around. But shields of ice were protecting the people from the damages. Kai looked back to the guys and recognized one of them as the guy that he had seen with that girl.

 

That guy used a sword to banish the creatures. He seemed good with weapons. The other guys used their bare hands to fight. Kai saw lightning sparks and frost shields. He also noticed a flamed dragon fighting the harpies above them. So those were the Legends who lived on that world.

 

Then, he felt another Legend aura coming along with the familiar aura. Kai recognized it as that girl’s. And as he looked around, he saw a guy coming out from an alley with the girl trailing behind him. Kai quickly hid himself behind the wall. He couldn't get himself to be found. So he chose to wait for the right time to come after her.

 

---

 

Chunjie gasped in surprise as she saw the creatures causing chaos and threatening the innocent people that were frozen in time around them. Kris, Xiumin, Tao, Lay and Chen fought them down the street. Even the flame dragon that Kris summoned also fought in the sky.

 

Luhan looked at his friends as they fought. He was worried about them. So he thought he should help. He turned to Chunjie.

 

“Stay here,” he told her then went away without waiting for her answer.

 

But Chunjie quickly stopped him. “But I can help.”

 

Luhan turned and looked at her for a while before an apologetic look came to his face. “I know. But I don’t think it’s the appropriate time for you to use your power, Chunjie.” Then an explosion made him looking back to his friends; a car exploded because of an attack and he felt worry. “We’ll talk about it later. For now…” He looked around then pointed at a café nearby, “Go and hide on that café.”

 

Chunjie pursed her lips as she saw Luhan going away. She really wanted to help. But since Luhan was asking nicely, she didn’t want to make the guy disappoint. So she reluctantly complied with the order.

 

At that moment she stepped forward, her sense caught the presence of another Legend. She turned her gaze to the place where it felt the strongest. Her eyes caught a figure of a guy quickly hiding himself. She realized that he had been watching her for a while. She also knew what his purpose to come.

 

She looked at the Eclipse. The one who had the power to control the other world had decided to take action. So Chunjie would need to take an countermeasure too. Besides, the other world’s Legends had been ruled by the other force for a long time; she would need to bring them back on the right track.

 

But first, Chunjie needed to protect the innocent people of this world.

 

She exhaled and looked back to the guys. She realized that she would take a great risk for herself. To cast a protection worldwide and teleport herself to another world, it might cost her life on her current state. But she had prepared herself for this. She stepped forward and walked to the street.

 

The creatures seemed to notice her pure aura. Once she stepped out, they turned their head to the girl. The red harpy shrieked when it saw her.

 

To see their enemies diverting the attention to somewhere else, the Legends stopped fighting. It confused them. But then, they caught a pure aura revealing itself. It felt so pure and grand yet suppressing them. Through that power, they could know that the bearer of the power was angry. They turned and saw Chunjie stepping out to the street.

 

Chunjie stopped in the middle of the street and turned to them. Her hair fluttered even though there was no wind around her. Her eyes were fixed to the enemies in front of her as she gathered her power. It was so great till it suppressed the Legends.

 

“No,” Kris said as he realized what she intended to do. “Chunjie, stop!”

 

The other guys also realized what she was about to do. It wasn’t their first time to see her pressing out her power. But they also knew that she would endanger her life if she unleashed her great power; her actual condition was too weak to release her power because the Red forces had weakened her. Luhan and Lay quickly ran toward her. Both of them wanted to stop the girl from releasing her power.

 

But Chunjie’s body started to glimmer in pure white aura. She lowered her head and closed her eyes. And suddenly, a blast of light power came out from her. The wave traveled fast and strong to every direction. It banished the Red creatures.

 

But since the power was too strong, Luhan and Lay got struck by the power and got thrown to the back. Chen, Xiumin, Tao and Kris quickly protected themselves. The power also wiped out Kris’ dragon and dismissed Tao’s power to stop the time. The people started to move around them, feeling confused with the chaos that happened.

 

The great blast of power brought surprise to the Legends, especially for Kris and Tao. For the first time, they knew that Chunjie could neutralize their power. But then, their shock was replaced by worry as they felt her power starting to dismiss.

 

The girl still stood on her place with her head hung and her eyes closed. The white aura had disappeared from her. But something had prevented everyone to come near her. They also saw wind swirling around her. She raised her head and opened her eyes.

 

But the moment Chunjie opened her eyes and fixed her gaze on him, Luhan heard her voice inside his mind.

 

Tell them my apology. Not to worry as I will leave for a while.’

 

Leave where?’ Luhan tried to ask.

 

To return the worlds’ order.’

 

It happened so fast. The next thing that Luhan could remember, Chunjie had vanished from his sight.

 

***

 

Chunjie felt silence around her for a few seconds before she could feel cold drops on her skin, causing her to flinch. She quickly recognized it as water. The water touched her skin one by one before it became intense. Then as her hearing sense opened, she could hear the sound of rain and chatters around her. She opened her eyes and saw a blurry road. And as if something had into her, her sense returned and her body stumbled. She quickly reached out for a surface to hold. It was then she realized that the chatter that she heard earlier had become panicked scream.

 

She raised her gaze and looked around. She found herself standing on a street. Rain was pouring hard. Cars were stopping and people were running in panic, trying to run away from something. She quickly realized that she wasn’t at her world as the time didn’t stop when the fight happened.

 

She turned and saw a red dragon with goat horns flying in the sky. It breathed fire. But she could see four guys fighting it with Light, Fire, Earth and Wind powers. Chunjie knew that they were the Legends and she would need to see them. She wanted to come to them as they managed to banish the dragon. But then, she stopped as she looked at the ground. She realized that her shadow became clearer as the rain subsided.

 

Chunjie looked up and saw the so-called moon had left the sun. The Solar Eclipse had ended. She knew that she only could teleport herself between the Two Worlds within the Eclipse time. So she knew that she had missed the chance to go back home.

 

Suddenly, she felt her heart thump hard once. Her feeling warned her that danger had come and fixed its eyes on her. But it felt different from the Legend that she saw earlier on her world. She could feel the Teleportation Legend’s aura somewhere in this world. But it wasn’t nearby. To her relief, the Legend had come back to his own world. But the danger feeling made her cautious.

 

She looked around and saw a man in black suit and sunglasses looking at her. He seemed to be normal like a human being. But the aura that she felt from him told her that he was dangerous. She recognized the aura as the aura of Red Force’s creatures. Then, she realized that there were another two men with sunglasses turning their gaze to her. She also felt the same aura from them.

 

For a moment, Chunjie thought that she could fight against them. But then, she soon realized that her body felt heavier. She looked at her hand; it was trembling. She also felt that her power had greatly decreased; probably the teleport between worlds earlier had taken most of her power. She would need to rest to recover. But it would also mean that she didn’t have enough power to fight any Red Creature for now. So she knew that she was in danger. And to ask help from the Legends of the world, she didn’t think that was a great idea for now.

 

Chunjie looked around and walked toward the sidewalk. She would need to run or hide from those men. But they started to move and follow her. She took a glance to them before she came to an alley.

 

As she walked, she thought fast to find a place to hide. She knew that those men were following her. She walked faster and wished that she could escape from them. But she could sense they were still trailing her.

 

She looked at her front and saw a smaller alley to the left. So she turned to the alley. But suddenly, someone grabbed her arm, covered and pulled her to a dark gap.

 

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

Author's note:

To all the readers, I hope you enjoy reading the fic. A comment or subscribed will do, if you're willingly :)