Part 4: Second Encounter

Sunsu: Legend of the Heart

Warning before reading!!

This part is un-beta-ed. So please bare my bad English.

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

I feel my body floating in midair with my head hung down. My body feels so light for a moment before I begin to float down slowly. It feels like when I am flying with Kris and he wants to land before he gently puts me down. It is strange for me since I am alone and I don’t have the power of Flight like him. I feel the tip of my foot landing on a hard surface. I land gently and open up my eyes.

 

Before my eyes, I see an unfamiliar place. Lines of shelves filled with books make me think that I’m in the middle of a library. I turn to the window and find that it is dark outside. Probably, the night has fallen. I look around and see an oak working table with books piling on top of it. Some of them look old. Probably they are filled with ancient knowledge. Somehow, it interests me. So I decide to take a look.

 

As I approach the table, I sense a source of life behind the piles of books. I stretch my head and notice that someone is sleeping with his head on the table and his lower arms as his pillow. But I recognize the guy. I met him when I ‘traveled’ before. I realize that I’m not in my world now.

 

I turn to his side and stop. Different from the first meeting, he is now wearing normal clothes: a soft blue shirt and trousers. It makes him look different. He looks gentler. I smile at the thought.

 

I look around. Books and papers are spread on the table. There is a book under his arm. It seems that he has fallen asleep while reading. But I notice that there is a paper with ancient language lying on the table. I take a look at it.

 

It says ‘Tree of Life’ in modern language and it tells the legend of the Tree of Life and the Legends that are well-known to everyone. It also says that the Red Force will be purified and the Legends will be together once more.

 

For a moment, I am drawn back as I realize about one thing: I have never learned ancient language before. Everything that I know about Tree of Life and the Legends is something told by Kris and the others or something that I have read before. Yet I find out that I know how to read the language.

 

I look at another book. It seems that the book is also about The Tree of Life. In fact, I notice that all of the books on the table are about that tree. I look back at the guy and wonder why he reads it. It seems that he is studying about the tree.

 

Is there something that interests him from the Tree of Life?

 

But…

 

Unconsciously, I bend forward and reach out my hand. I touch his hair gently, trying not to wake him up. I trace down to his cheek. He is so beautiful. From the first time I saw him, I feel attracted to him. I wonder why I feel it.

 

Badump.

 

I quickly draw my hand back as I feel my heart thumping. For a moment, it feels like my breath has been taken away. I also feel warmth creeping within me.

 

What has happened to me?

 

Then, I catch him stirring on his sleep. And, furthermore, it seems that he is awakened as his eyes slowly open.

 

Somehow, it makes me panicked. I feel that I have to go before he really sees me.

 

---

 

Suho opened his eyes and saw a glowing figure in front of him. His sleepy mind slowly processed who it was. He could see that it seemed to be panicking. He lowered his gaze as he didn’t want to be bothered by it.

 

But he felt the familiar warmth lingering on his heart. He recognized it as the same warmth when he saw the entity under the Tree of Life. It made him realize that the glowing figure might be the same entity that he met.

 

And she will leave!

 

Somehow, the realization made him wide awake. Suho quickly rose and grabbed the girl’s hand, surprising her and making her look back at him. She was trying to pull her hand from his.

 

“Don’t be afraid,” Suho said to see her frightened expression. “I won’t hurt you.”

 

She looked at him as if she wanted to know whether she could trust him. Suho smiled.

 

“So, don’t be afraid of me,” he said again, trying to convince the girl.

 

Her struggles calmed down. Her hand seemed to relax on his hand. Suho smiled to notice that. He looked up at her closely.

 

He realized that the girl was beautiful. Her beauty seemed to be pure and gentle. Suho felt as if he was drawn to her. Actually, he had thought it before when he first met her. But to see her standing in front of him, he realized that her beauty was more than he could imagine. She was breathtaking.

 

Furthermore, unlike the other spirits, Suho could feel her warmth. Even though she was a spirit, she was solid under his hand. She felt very real. But to realize that he was holding a girl’s hand, Suho felt embarrassed and quickly released it.

 

“Sorry,” he said.

 

The girl only smiled at him.

 

“But we’ve met before, right?” he asked. “Under the Tree of Life.”

 

She nodded.

 

“I’m sorry if I scared you before,” Suho said. “I have encountered many beings before and I learned to suspect first before I know that it can be trusted.”

 

He realized that he might cause the girl to misunderstand him. So he quickly added, “But I know that I can trust you.”

 

The girl chuckled. But then, it seemed that she realized that her act might offend the guy. She quickly covered her lips with her hand. She raised her gaze to him, only to find that he was smiling at her.

 

“Sorry,” he said as his awkwardness seemed to subside from his action. “It’s probably weird.” He scratched the back of his head. “So…” He heaved. “What are you?”

 

The girl tilted her head, feeling confused. He realized that his question sounded a bit rude. So he quickly changed his question.

 

“Okay, okay. I don’t actually care about it,” he said. “But do you mind if I ask where you come from?”

 

The girl smiled and raised her hand. She put her pointy finger on her lips.

 

“Secret?” Suho asked then chuckled. “Why?”

 

The girl tilted her head again.

 

“Alright.” He smiled. “Probably it’s not the right time to know.” He exhaled through his mouth then looked back at her. “But you’re not an angel, are you?”

 

The girl just looked at Suho with her widened innocent eyes. She seemed surprised to hear that he had thought of that. But then, a sweet and gentle smile came to her face as she seemed flattered.

 

When he saw her smile, Suho stiffened. He felt that his heart started beating unsteadily. Suddenly, it seemed that the world vanished around him. It seemed that there was only her in his eyes.

 

He was brought back to the reality when he saw that the girl gasped and turned to the door. To see her suddenly turning, he felt confused. He noticed that the girl froze to see the door. Suho turned his gaze towards it to see what caused her to do that. He didn’t feel any presence. So he looked back at her, just to find that she closed her eyes and her presence was starting to subside.

 

Suho widened his eyes in surprise. He didn’t want her to leave. He wanted to know more about her.

 

“Wait!”

 

He moved forward and tried to grab her hand just like before. But he was too late. The girl had vanished, leaving him alone in the library. When she left, somehow Suho felt a part of him had also left.

 

The sound of the door being opened brought his mind back to reality. He turned his gaze and saw Hana entering. She had a blanket on her hands. It seemed that she hadn't seen him awakened yet. But to see her, Suho put up his cold expression.

 

Hana turned and saw that he was awake. "Ah, you’re up," she said.

 

"What do you want?" he asked in a cold tone.

 

"Baekhyun told me that you were sleeping in the library again. So I brought you a blanket," she said with a gentle smile on her face.

 

Suho just snorted then turned to the books that he was reading earlier and closed them. He chose to bring them to his room instead of reading them on the library. He piled the books and carried them on his hand. He looked at Hana.

 

"Stop minding yourself with my business," he said then walked toward the door and went out.

 

Hana looked at him in disappointment. Once again, he had rejected her.

 

He closed the door of his room and heaved a sigh before he walked toward his desk and put the books that he brought there (and put the books down). He felt relieved that he managed to escape from Hana.

 

Somehow, it was tiresome to keep his cold act toward her. Every time he did that, it made him feel guilty inside since he wasn’t actually a cruel and cold person.

 

But it was necessary to push her away from him, and probably also from his friends. As the leader, Suho felt that he would need to protect his friends from her. Because he knew that Hana wasn’t as good as what she had showed.

 

But that girl felt otherwise, Suho thought as he dropped his gaze to the books on the table.

 

He thought about the girl that he just met. Since he met her on the Tree of Life, he always sensed the pure and innocent aura from her. She also made him feel drawn to her since he laid his eyes on her. It was something that he didn’t find from Hana since he first met her.

 

It was true that Hana had made him feel attracted. But the feeling started to fade in time. And when he was finally able to see how she truly was, his feeling turned to hatred as he felt betrayed.

 

But that girl…

 

Suho opened the topmost book. The page showed the description about the mystical entities that were attached to the Tree of Life. He had marked some entities that had the same descriptions with the girl. But nothing seemed to describe her. So he wrote something that might describe what kind of entity she was.

 

An angel.

 

“Cheonsa…”

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

Author's note:

To all the readers, I hope you enjoy reading the fic. A comment or subscribed will do, if you're willingly :)