Part 13

Sunsu: Legend of the Heart

 

Warning before reading!!

Revised and added. This part is still un-beta-ed. So please bear my bad English.

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

In the middle of an empty prairie, two cars pulled over on the side of the road. The first car’s door opened and Chunjie stepped out. She looked around and her gaze fell on a small forest.

 

“Is it the place?”

 

The question made her turning her gaze and she saw Baekhyun approaching with his eyes fixed on the small forest; Sehun and D.O. were trailing behind him.

 

Chunjie casted her gaze back to the prairie and nodded. “Yes, it is.” She pointed at the small forest. “The gate is located there.”

 

“Then we should get going,” D.O. replied her.

 

“But who has ever thought if the gate of Two Worlds is located in a place like this,” Sehun said as they proceeded to the place after Chanyeol and Suho joined them. “I’m amazed that even the Red Forces couldn’t find this place.”

 

Chunjie only smiled to hear those words. “No matter how strong they are, they’re still no match for Lady Sunsu.” The group then entered the small forest.

 

In order to fight the Red Forces, the Legends were planning to call the rest of the Legends to their world. Legend had stated that only by then they could fight evil with their outmost power. So it was necessary to call them. And Chunjie had chosen to bring them to K world instead of them going there. Besides, the Red Forces were dwelling on the K World. And since the Eclipse wouldn’t come soon, they needed to open up the gate between the two worlds. It was why they came to the place.

 

As they walked inside the forest, they could feel great power lurking across the forest. Baekhyun could also see several visible energies flying around. “Uwah… what’s with these energies?” he asked as he avoided a flying energy ball.

 

“Those are formless creatures that attracted to the energy in this place,” Chunjie replied him. “Since the veil that covered this place has been lifted, you can expect them to come.”

 

“Are they treacherous?” Suho spoke out his mind.

 

“Not really.” But Chunjie suddenly stopped her step. Her expression dropped and became serious. “But the ones that will come are dangerous.” She threw a quick look at the Legends who seemed to understand what she meant. “Come on. We must hurry to the gate.” The group then increased their pace.

 

With Chunjie as their guide, they finally arrived at a small platform that covered with thick bushes and vines. Suho tore down the bushes and vines with Baekhyun and Sehun’s help; a stone platform was revealed.

 

But while his friends doing the job, D.O. felt great evil power approaching. He turned his gaze to the sky and saw a black cloud coming. He knew what the black cloud meant. He then turned his gaze back to his friends. “Guys,” he called; urgency was filling his voice.

 

Chunjie then jumped onto the platform. “I will call upon the other Legends and open the gate for them,” she said then turned to the Legends. “You all can go and hold them until then.”

 

The five Legends seemed to understand. Chunjie had given her command; they were needed to hold back the Red Forces. Baekhyun, Sehun, D.O. and Chanyeol quickly left to different directions but Suho came forward and called the girl.

 

“Will you be fine alone?” He asked. Although he had known that the girl was stronger, he couldn’t help to feel worried.

 

Chunjie smiled and squatted, bringing herself closer to the guy. “Thank you for your concern. But don’t worry. I’ll be fine.”

 

For a moment, Suho stared at her, trying to convince himself that Chunjie would be fine. But he somehow believed that Chunjie could handle the trouble very well; she is Lady Sunsu after all. He smiled. “Stay safe. And see you later.”

 

Chunjie smiled in return and nodded. Suho walked away afterward. Chunjie looked at the guy until he slipped amongst the trees, wondering how different the two leaders had treated her; Kris was too over-protective while Suho seemed to believe in her. Perhaps, if she could choose, she wanted to stay with Suho instead of Kris; she scoffed amusingly with the mind.

 

But her smile quickly disappeared as she felt vague aura of the other world’s Legends. As she had expected, they might have been confused by the powerful flow of energy at the place. So it meant that she would need to guide them to the portal. She heaved then stood up and called upon a certain person between the six Legends on the other world whom she knew would hear her voice.

 

Luhan!”

 

She could feel that Luhan had heard her telepathy in the other world. She then called him again. And when Luhan had answered, Chunjie guided him to the platform. As she felt the Legends had reached the gate, she turned to the gate and stretched out her hand to the empty space in front of her; it rippled with the touch of the tip of her fingers. The gate has opened, she thought.

 

But shrieks made her turning her gaze to the sky. She saw flying creatures approaching from above then blast of elemental energies filled the place, telling her that the Legends were fighting those creatures. She also saw some creatures coming to her direction. She knew that she had no choice than to fight.

 

She turned her gaze back to the portal and swiped her hand in mid-air, creating a barrier to temporary protect the portal until the Legends arrived. She jumped down the platform and walked toward the forest; she needed to lure those creatures away from the portal for now.

 

As she entered deeper into the forest, she saw some incubus-like creatures crawling on the trees. When they saw her coming, they shrieked at her and jumped to attack her. Swiping her hand on the air, she repelled the creatures.

 

But then, she felt a giant force coming from behind her. She turned and saw the land beneath cracking. A giant stone golem was formed. Turning at her, it swung its giant fist but Chunjie only raised her hand.

 

A blast happened because of the impact. Some dirt on the golem’s fist was crumbling down. But when everything had touched the ground, Chunjie was still standing, unharmed. The golem’s giant fist had been stopped by her tiny palm. And no matter how hard it tried to press against her, she was still not budged. The golem growled and its eyes blazed in reddish light.

 

“You know that you will never be able to defeat me,” Chunjie said in deep voice.

 

As her words finished, the golem destroyed in a blast and its body returned into rocks, crumbling down into the ground. As the last piece of the golem’s body touched the ground, the incubuses dashed back to attack her.

 

But before any of them were able to reach her, a light shone so bright from behind her and blinded the creatures. Chunjie unleashed a gust of wind toward the creatures. They shrieked as they were hit by her power. Chunjie turned around and lifted her hand to shield her eyes from the bright light. The light dimmed and Baekhyun was approaching.

 

“Sorry,” he said as he arrived at front of her. “My power is not as offensive as the others.”

 

Chunjie only smiled. “It’s fine. But we know that your power can be useful somehow.”

 

Baekhyun scoffed amusingly. But his smile quickly perished as he saw the incubuses attacking again. “Here they come again.”

 

Chunjie turned and readied herself to counter the attack. But before the incubuses managed to touch them, their movements were suddenly stopped. Baekhyun and Chunjie dropped their attacking stench but both of them sensed another Legend’s aura. Chunjie turned her gaze to a certain point and her expression brightened as she saw a familiar figure approaching.

 

“Luhan!” She ran toward the figure and hugged him.

 

“Chunjie,” Luhan mumbled the name in relief as he rounded his arms around the girl’s body. “Thank god that you’re safe.”

 

Chunjie released her hug and looked at him with a bright smile on her face. She turned her gaze and saw Lay arriving. “Lay.” She stretched out her hand and gave the other guy a hug.

 

Lay gave her a quick hug and pushed her away. “You’re not hurting, are you?”

 

Chunjie shook her head. “But I’m glad that you’ve managed to pass through the gate. Where are the others?”

 

“We were attacked when we just came out from the gate. So they are left behind to fight the Red Creatures.” Lay reported but then his gaze fell upon an unfamiliar figure behind the girl. He recognized his aura as another Legend. But somehow, he couldn’t drop his caution.

 

Chunjie noticed the change of Lay’s expression as he watched over her shoulder. She turned and saw Baekhyun.

 

“Are they also Legends?” Baekhyun asked.

 

But it seemed that both Lay and Luhan didn’t understand what he said. Only by then, Chunjie realized that the two worlds had different languages. A soft knowing smile came across her face. She lifted her pointed finger and touched Luhan’s temple gently. She then moved to touch Lay’s temple and Baekhyun’s before standing beside the latter.

 

“Baekhyun, they are Legends from my world. Luhan, the Legend of Mind, and Lay, the Legend of Healing.” Chunjie turned to Lay and Luhan. “Luhan, Lay, this is Baekhyun, Legend of Light.” She introduced them.

 

Baekhyun smiled to greet them. “Hi,” he said then turned to Chunjie. “But do you think it’s the right time for chit-chat?”

 

“Ah, right,” Chunjie calmly replied. She turned to the incubuses that Luhan had stopped. By the swipe of her hands, those creatures turned into smoke with puff sound and vanished into thin air. She turned back to the three Legends. “Let’s go find the others.” She then proceeded to walk.

 

But after walking few steps, she heard dragon’s shriek. Chunjie lifted her gaze up and saw the Flame Dragon charging toward the Flame Phoenix. Her expression dropped. “. I forget about Kris.” She then increased her walking pace as she tried to call upon the K’s Legends.

 

“Kris?” Baekhyun asked when he heard the name.

 

“Our leader,” Luhan replied him. “He’s not fond of anyone who tries to hurt Chunjie or the thought of Chunjie’s using her power. And he thinks that the Legends from this world are involved with the Red Forces and somehow trying to hurt her.” He increased his pace to run after Chunjie as he saw the lightning crackling above.

 

“Oh boy,” Baekhyun commented then ran after his friends.

 

 

Suho stopped as he saw lightning shooting from above. But before he managed to do anything, the ground beneath him shook and rose to create a dome, protecting him.

 

“Hyung.”

 

He turned and saw D.O. coming.

 

“Did you see the lightning?” the younger guy asked and Suho nodded to reply him. “The energy source was coming from the portal. It’s a Legend’s power. But I sense another source of strong power lurking around.”

 

“Do you think the Red Forces are behind it?”

 

D.O. shrugged. “I don’t know. Everything seems blurred with all these energies around us. I feel mixed energies between The Legends’, Lady Sunsu’s and the Red Forces’.”

 

Suho looked up. “Open the dome a little. I’ll shoot out my water spears.”

 

D.O. complied. He opened a crack on the top of the dome. It gave Suho a chance to shoot out his water energy upward. But as the water energy shot up, it suddenly bent and dashed toward the portal’s location. It surprised Suho.

 

“Someone’s bending my power.” Suho looked at the younger guy. “D.O., open a way for me. I need to warn Chunjie.”

 

“About what?” D.O. asked as he opened a crack on the lower side of the dome.

 

“That there’s someone who can control over the Legends’ power amongst the Red Forces.” Suho then ran toward the crack.

 

As he came out from the dome, some Red Creatures attacked him. He created water balls and fought them as he went toward the portal. He didn’t even care about what was happening above; he had to get Chunjie at the portal. He was certain that the girl was there with the other world’s Legends.

 

But as he went through the bush, he felt a power approaching. He lifted his gaze and saw a Legend dashing toward him with a sword drawn. Suho immediately skidded to halt and created a ball of water to counter the attack. He pushed the ball toward the Legend. At least by then, he thought that he might able to stop him by trapping him inside the water ball. In the same time, Suho also caught Chunjie’s presence from the corner of his eye. Then everything happened so fast.

 

In the next second, Suho heard Chunjie’s angry voice saying, “Did I have told you to STOP?!”

 

And the next thing he knew, he had staggered back by the strong blast of power and fell to the ground. When he looked around a moment later, he found that everything had been nullified and every magical creature around them had vanished. His friends had come, along with the other world’s Legends.

 

He turned his gaze back to Chunjie. The girl was standing with tremendous pure aura around her, looking angry at the other world’s Legends who gathered near the portal. To see her unleashing her power like that, Suho was afraid if the Red Forces would find her. He opened his mouth to call the girl.

 

“Chunjie.”

 

Instead of hearing his own voice, Suho heard a tall guy calling the girl’s name. But Chunjie had lifted her pointy finger at him. “Stop, Kris.” He could hear her talking in warning tone, stopping him from getting nearer.

 

Chunjie then approached Suho, D.O., Chanyeol and Sehun, and touched their temple before going to Tao, Xiumin and Chen to do the same, blessing them with the knowledge of same language that enabled them to communicate. She finally came to Kris and wanted to touch his temple but the guy grabbed her hand, stopping her.

 

“Why did you go to this world alone? Do you realize that it will cost you your life?” He hissed at her, lowering his voice so no one could hear him except for her.

 

Chunjie looked at him in a defying manner. “Someone needs to take a step to gather the Legends. It is the time to restore the balance that has been gone for long.”

 

“But it doesn’t mean that you have to go alone.”

 

She looked at him for a while. But as Kris stared into her eyes, it seemed that she was peering into his soul and looking for something within his mind. Her gaze looked fearful. And somehow, Kris thought that she had become someone that was not Chunjie. She was lots stronger than the Chunjie that he had known.

 

‘Oh, just as I’ve thought.’

 

The words brought Kris back into reality. Chunjie wasn’t talking so he knew that she was talking telepathically. But there was a cold and cynical upward tug on her lips.

 

“You’ve known something, haven’t you?” She tilted her head. “The High Priest’s prophecy?”

 

On that moment, Kris knew which memories that she had seen. “How did you know?”

 

She scoffed. “I might be Chunjie. But don’t forget that I am also Sunsu.”

 

She lifted her other hand and touched Kris’ temple, blessing him with the same power as the other Legends. “Not even I can escape the future, Kris.” She lowered her hand. “But feel free to contain me if you don’t like it.” She then turned and walked away from Kris.

 

Kris looked at the girl. He had promised to keep Chunjie away from danger. And he determined to keep the promise no matter what it cost. “Then, forgive me if I’m trying.” He dashed forward and unleashed his Dragon to attack the girl.

 

The other Legends surprised to see Kris attacking Chunjie. But she seemed to have expected his move. She turned and raised her palm against him, deflecting the attack and nullifying the dragon. She then turned and raised her other hand. Kris’ movement suddenly halted and a ball of energy shot out from him. He then fell on his knees, feeling weak as if his power had been taken.

 

Kris lifted his gaze to the girl and saw an energy ball hovering in front of her palm; it was his Legend’s power. He didn’t expect Chunjie to be able to take away Legend’s power at her will. But it also made him realizing the true power of the girl.

 

“Nice try, Kris. But you’re not a match for me on my current state.” And she continued in colder tone as if she was giving him a warning. “So don’t make me taking your power for real just because you have pissed me off.”

 

She then shot the energy back to Kris. It dashed and penetrated Kris’ chest; The Flight power had returned to its master. Chunjie lowered her hand.

 

Kris looked as the girl turned and walked away. As she walked, the Legend of Water approached her and talked with her. She only chuckled and smiled gently in return.

 

In Kris’ mind, he somehow feared the girl. It was only few days he didn’t see her. Yet, it seemed that Chunjie had gained greater power. It was very fearsome but he didn’t feel any harm coming from her.

 

Yeah, she is Lady Sunsu indeed.

 

No matter what would happen later, he knew that Chunjie could handle everything. And it would be wise for him to stay low. He didn’t want Chunjie to take his power away; he would still need his power to be able to protect her. Kris pushed himself up and followed his friends.

 

 

 

The evening had come and eleven Legends had returned to Suho’s place. Lay was kind enough to cook dinner for them with help from Chen, D.O. and Chanyeol. Chunjie decided to join them. Seeing her laughing and cooking, Kris couldn’t help to think that the girl wasn’t completely changed; she was still the same Chunjie. He also believed that Chunjie would never hurt any of the Legends. But still, her power as Sunsu was so terrifying.

 

Suddenly, his attention was diverted by the glass of coke that being offered. Kris turned his gaze and saw the Water Legend. As he remembered, his name was Suho.

 

“Thanks,” Kris said as he received the glass.

 

“You’re welcome,” Suho replied then sat beside him.

 

There was a silent between them before Suho started to speak. “She has changed, hasn’t she?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Suho dropped his gaze to the glass on his hands. “Two days ago when we were facing the Red Forces, she suddenly lost her power. We took her back and let her rest. But by the time she woke up, she’s no longer the same Chunjie.” He lifted his gaze. “She has turned into Lady Sunsu.”

 

Kris only went silent and looked at the girl again. Chunjie as Lady Sunsu, it was something that Kris had feared of. He was afraid of the sacrifice that she could do. He knew that Chunjie might even be able to restore the soul that had been lost. But as a Legend, her protector and her guardian, he had never wanted her to be hurt. And it also reminded him of Chunjie’s father.

 

Kris had known that the man was blessed by a power of Prophecy. Prior to his death, he had told him once that Chunjie would be lost in the tip of a dagger at the time when the twelve Legends had gathered. And with the fact that Kris and his friend had managed to cross the portal, he was certain that the Prophecy would soon be fulfilled.

 

“By the way…” Chen’s voice brought Kris back to reality. “Do you think that we’re actually lacking a person?”

 

Kris’ jaw clenched as he heard the question. But it seemed that there were no Legends wanting to reply the question.

 

“Yes, we do.” Chunjie suddenly replied. “The Legend of Teleportation.”

 

The K’s Legends seemed to surprise to know that Chunjie had known about Kai. They had never told her about Kai. “How do you know…” Sehun spoke out his mind.

 

But Chunjie only smiled to hear it. It made Luhan curious. Although he was able to hear people’s mind, it seemed that Chunjie had blocked every Legends’ mind from him. She even warned him not to use his power through telepathy. Honestly, Luhan had become scare of her ever since he saw her taking away Kris’ power earlier. So he didn’t want to go against her order. And now, he was unable to figure out what had happened.

 

“So can you tell me what’s wrong?” he then asked to the girl.

 

Chunjie turned her gaze back to Luhan; an upward tug was on her lips. “Nothing,” she replied with plain tone and calm voice. “He just receives more influence from the Red Forces than the others.” She then looked at Suho. “Am I right?”

 

Suho seemed to be taken aback to hear the words. He looked surprise to know that Chunjie had known about Kai. But inside, Suho started to blame himself because he had failed to protect one of s. He dropped his gaze. As a leader, he should have done better.

 

Don’t blame yourself, Suho.”

 

Suho raised his gaze when the words touched his mind. And he turned his gaze at Chunjie. In a slow motion, it seemed that she was turning her gaze at him. But it felt so unreal as if it was only his imagination.

 

I am aware that you are their leader so you will blame yourself. But Kai has chosen to get involved further with the Red Forces through the girl. There is nothing that you can do to break his will.”

 

“So what do we supposed to do?“ Xiumin’s words broke through Suho’s thought, making the latter to turn his gaze. He saw Chunjie was actually looking at Xiumin.

 

“It’s obvious, isn’t it?” She smiled. “We need to get him back.”

 

 

 

Hana walked through an automatic door. Her expression seemed to be furious. But how could she not angry?

 

The girl from the other world had managed to banish the Red Creatures that she had sent earlier. Hana had felt the tremendous blast of power; she knew that she couldn’t underestimate the girl anymore. Furthermore, Hana also felt that the girl’s power had been nearing Lady Sunsu’s level.

 

No, that girl has received Lady Sunsu’s power.

 

Hana stopped in front of a wall where a beautiful lady was bounded with black vines that filled the wall; black wires attached to both of her temples, preventing her head from hanging down. Hana stopped in front of her and looked at the lady.

 

In a quick look, everyone would think that the lady was Hana’s identical twin. They had the same face, the same beautiful black hair, the same fair skin and the same figure. But with a close look, everyone would know that they had different aura; the lady’s aura was purer than Hana’s. And the most important thing was the fact that she was actually Lady Sunsu herself. Red Forces had managed to capture her and confine her thousands years ago.

 

Hana’s fists clenched as anger built up inside. Her chin tugged up in arrogant manner. “It was your doing, wasn’t it?” she asked yet no reply came from the lady; her eyes remained shut and her expression unchanged.

 

Hana then scoffed. “But whatever your plan is, I won’t let you succeed.” She leaned closer to the lady. “You will never be able to restore the Tree of Life.”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

The hum made her turning back to the suited lean man who approached her.

 

“Nice speech, my dear one,” he said in amusement tone, making Hana to straighten her body. “But the girl is getting stronger. I wonder what you will do about it.”

 

“You were the one who bent the Legends’ power earlier, weren’t you?”

 

The man stopped in front of her. “I just want the Legends to taste their friends’ power.” He smirked cynically. “Besides, I am the essence of Red Forces.” He then leaned closer at Hana. “So I want them to know how powerful I am and what I can do.”

 

Hana only looked at him in the eyes. The man in front of her was the leader of the Red Forces. He was also the one who created Hana.

 

Yes, Hana was created as the split image of Lady Sunsu herself. Her sole purpose was to deceive the Legends and to put them under influence of the Red Forces. But unfortunately, Hana wasn’t blessed with the Lady’s power. At first, she was filled by pure power that the Red Forces managed to get from Lady Sunsu. But the power was greatly drained. So she needed to consume pure energy in order to survive, just like the other higher level Creatures of the Red Forces.

 

The man straightened his body back. “But it seemed that the forces that were sent earlier have gotten destroyed by stronger power.” He looked back at Lady Sunsu, approaching her. “Is it possible if you have given your power to her, my dear Lady?” he asked as he caressed her cheek.

 

But the Lady didn’t budge or reply him. Her eyes were remained shut.

 

“Don’t worry,” Hana replied instead of the Lady, making the man to turn back at her. “The Legends will never be a threat for us.” Her voice seemed to be amused; a victorious smile was on her face. “Because the 12 Legends will never be completed.” Hana turned her gaze to her side.

 

A smoke appeared and materialized beside her. With a pop, Kai appeared beside her with his eyes shut. Unlike the usual Kai, there were curving patterns in deep red color on his face. The patterns were spreading from his back, his nape to the left side of his face. And when he lifted his head and opened his eyes, reddish light flashed on his eyes.

 

~ ooOOOoo ~

 

Revising and adding last part of the chapter. Because I was having a headache yesterday, I updated an unfinished one. Sorry~

To all the readers and subscribers, I hope you enjoy reading this fic although it's lacking in some parts. And thank you so much for every comments, every upvotes and every new subscribers. They mean a lot to me. If you have comments about this fic or ideas about how the story goes, just let me know.