Part 14

Sunsu: Legend of the Heart

 

Warning Before Reading.

This part is still un-beta-ed. So please excuse my bad English.

 

~ooOOOoo~

 

The voice of seagulls gradually became louder as Luhan slipped out from the deep slumber where he had been. He opened his eyes and saw the ray of light slipping through the gap of thick curtains of the house. As he moaned protesting the blinding light, his eyes swept around and found out that he was unfamiliar with the furniture’s arrangement around him.

 

Knowing that he had woken up in an unfamiliar place, Luhan quickly sat himself upward before looking around. He then soon realized that he was actually slept on Suho’s living room, along with other Legends who were sprawling randomly across the living room. He remembered that, after they talked and discussed about their strategy last night, they decided to stay over at the house. Besides, the M Legends had nowhere to go in this world.

 

The owner of the house, his name was Suho and Luhan would describe him as a nice and honest young man despite of his family’s wealth and high reputation. Personally, Luhan thought that he looked smart and wise; plus, the other K Legends were seemed to put respect on him. Perhaps, because he was a Water Legend, his nature was also calm and collected. But just like water that could be very destructive, Luhan could guess if he could be very much dangerous when he got mad. He also knew a lot about Sunsu’s legend and everything that related on it, which was good for their knowledge. So Luhan didn’t feel harm coming from him.

 

Furthermore, Chunjie seemed to trust the guy as well. As long as he knew the girl, he had learnt to put trust on her because she had never failed to distinguish people’s nature.

 

As he lifted his gaze, Luhan realized that the glass door had slit open behind the curtain’s gap. He remembered that the sliding glass door was leading to the beach outside the house. He was sure that they had closed it last night before they went to bed. But why did the door open right now?

 

Instead of thinking any threat lurking around, he thought that the open door could make them sick. Besides, the weather outside was colder. So he decided to close it. He stood up and walked toward the door. But when he arrived at the door, he saw a girl’s figure sitting on a branch at the beach, looking at vast ocean.

 

Luhan heaved, knowing that the girl was Chunjie.

 

It seemed that the girl had been awakened and sat there for some time. But he was concerned if the girl might catch cold instead. So he thought that, perhaps, a lukewarm drink would be great for the girl.

 

Chunjie was looking to the vast ocean in front of her when she suddenly saw a mug of warm chocolate drink in front of her and someone said, “You woke up early.”

 

She looked up and saw Luhan. A gentle smile formed on her lips as she saw him offering a warm drink. Muttering a thank you, she accepted the mug. She then answered the guy’s remark earlier, “I couldn’t sleep.”

 

Sitting beside her, he asked, “Why?”

 

Chunjie turned her gaze back to the ocean and shrugged. “I just couldn’t sleep. There are many things that linger inside my mind. Some are things that ordinary people aren’t supposed to know. Perhaps, it is a consequence of receiving Lady Sunsu’s power. But…” She shrugged.  “I don’t know.”

 

A slight tug appeared on a corner of Luhan’s lips. He could understand her. To begin with, Chunjie was only a teenager girl despite of being Lady Sunsu’s reincarnation. He turned back to the ocean and took a sip on his drink. Something that had been lingered on his mind before suddenly came back. “Yah, Chunjie.”

 

“Hmm?” The girl only hummed to reply him.

 

“When I met your mother, she told me about the man that we called as your father.”

 

“Ah…” the girl looked understand and turned her face on him. “Do you mean the High Priest?”

 

“Who was that person?”

 

Chunjie hummed. But Luhan thought that she seemed to think on how she would answer the question. “That person was the one who saved my mother and took her out from her village before the Red Forces destroyed the place. He then tried to keep both of me and my mother safe by crossing the worlds.”

 

“But I wonder how he could possess that kind of knowledge.”

 

She shrugged. “I guess that’s the only secret that only he knew. But from his journals that Chanyeol found, it seemed that he had lived longer than we had known.”

 

Luhan nodded. “It seems that your father had many secrets around him.” He then looked at her. “But do you know that Water Legend Suho has the same name with him?”

 

A slight upward curve appeared on her lips as she seemed to have expected the question to come. “Do you suspect that the Water Legend Suho is the High Priest Suho’s reincarnation?”

 

“Did he?”

 

The question made a smile utterly blooming on Chunjie’s lips. “No.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“They are exactly two different people.” She turned her gaze to the front and dropped it to her lap. “Besides, logically, it’s impossible to happen. This world is running in the exact same time with our world. So it would be impossible if the High Priest was incarnating as Water Legend. He was born even before the High Priest died.”

 

Luhan only nodded, realizing that she was right. “But how could he have known the ancient language before our time?”

 

Chunjie looked back to Luhan with a mysterious smirking smile before shrugging. “Perhaps, he was blessed by it?”

 

Her voice tone seemed like guessing. But Luhan was suspicious with her mysterious smile. He suspected that she knew something yet she had no intention to tell him and it made him curious.

 

But then another smile bloomed on her face when she read suspicion and curiosity on Luhan’s face. “Luhan,” she called the guy with a tone of a mother giving a gentle warning to her child. “There is something that better left unknown. As time goes by, you will begin to understand.” She then turned her gaze back to the ocean.

 

To hear the warning, Luhan understood that he was better stopped questioning. He couldn’t deny that there were many things running through his mind right now and more questions came up than the answers that he got. It made Luhan realized that he had yet understood the world as he thought he was; many things were still mysteries for him. His thought was then disturbed when he saw Chunjie suddenly standing up with a caution look on her face.

 

“Chunjie, what’s wrong?”

 

The girl didn’t reply him. She only took steps forward. In a split second, Luhan suddenly felt a wave of tremendous power rushing toward them in the speed of light. He turned his gaze toward the ocean; it was where he sensed the power coming from; and saw a wave of invisible power traveling in speed of light above the ocean surface. He stood up, quickly realizing that the power was dark and evil.

 

But before he could react or do something, Chunjie had raised her right hand upfront and the power soon clashed with an invisible barrier, creating a strong wave of impact. The sand on the beach even got blown away because of the impact. Luhan himself crossed his arms in front of him to protect himself from the impact.

 

Then the situation became silent.

 

Luhan lowered his hand as he sensed his friends’ presence approaching. He turned and saw them coming with worried and anxious look; it seemed that they were woken up because of the energy wave earlier. As he looked away, he saw Chunjie standing with frowning face toward the sea; she looked vicious as she was lowering her hands. He threw his look toward the sea, knowing that they had faced a stronger power than the one that they usually fought.

 

“It was a strong energy. What was that?” Chen asked as they arrived around the girl and Luhan.

 

“An invitation,” the girl replied in calm yet caution manner.

 

Kris looked back to the girl with cautious look as he heard the puzzling reply. “An invitation of what?”

 

“Prepare yourself. We need to get going.”

 

It was her only reply before she turned and walked back to the house, leaving the Legends in confusion. But her order was clear enough. So they knew that they would face the Red Forces soon.

 

 

 

When the sun had risen higher, the eleven Legends had gathered at the living room of Suho’s house while waiting for the girl. Aside of Luhan, the other Legends had felt the power wave that came earlier in the morning. It woke them up and made them caution, especially after Chunjie entered the house and told them to prepare themselves. They knew immediately that the wave was sent by the Red Forces.

 

“Chunjie,” Kris called when the girl joined them. She stopped and turned to the tall guy then Kris continued. “I’m not concerned with the location because I’m sure you have found it. But how will we go there when the Legend of Teleportation is being held by them?”

 

Chunjie heaved. “Don’t underestimate my power, Kris. No matter what, my power is the essence of each of your power. If you have the power, I have them too.” She looked at the other Legends. “Are you ready?”

 

Chen only snorted to hear the question. “I think we need to be ready whether we’re really ready or not, right?” He blurted out.

 

Chunjie only smiled to hear the random comment from the guy, as she knew that he was always be the jokester of the group. She then turned her head, swiping her gaze through the Legends before saying, “Listen, you all. By the time we arrived there, I’m sure that they have expected us to come. So don’t hesitate to attack.” Her gaze fell to Kris, giving a warning glare at him as she said, “But don’t be reckless. Our objective now is not banishing the Red Forces but to take back our lost comrade.”

 

All the Legends seemed understand; some of them were nodding to reply.

 

“Ready yourself.” Chunjie gave a signal. She then lifted her hand and snapped her fingers, teleporting herself and the Legends.

 

For a second, everything seemed to blur before the Legends’ eyes. But on the next second, everything became clear and Baekhyun saw a group of Red Creatures had jumped to attack them.

 

“Tao!”

 

He heard Kris’ voice calling the youngest guy then the time seemed to slow down as the Red creatures moved slower than before. A gust of wind then appeared around them, creating a shield before expanding and knocking the creatures away from them. It was when the time returned to normal.

 

“Woah! How come they’re not giving us time to prepare?” Baekhyun complained.

 

“Chunjie has warned us. Remember, hyung?” Sehun replied the older guy as he passed his side.

 

Baekhyun groaned to hear it before following the younger Legend.

 

Suho swiped his gaze around, trying to locate his friends but only to notice that the girl had missed. “Where’s Chunjie?”

 

Kris looked around as he heard Suho’s words. He saw all the Legends were scattering all over the place, fighting the Red Creatures army by the time they re-appeared. But Suho was right; Chunjie was nowhere to find. And when he started to count his comrades, he realized that they were two men short. He groaned. “Lay and Luhan are missing too.”

 

Suho trapped the creature that he fought inside the water ball that he created then looked at Kris. “Huh?”

 

Kris looked back at him and shook his head. “Nothing.” He then summoned his Dragon. “I’ll be looking for her.” It was his last words before going away.

 

“Hey, wait for me,” Suho said but realized that he still had something to fight with. He looked back to the creature inside the water ball. By the strangling gesture of his hand, he killed the creature by breaking its neck. Suho turned and went away afterward, leaving the water ball; it lost its shape and splashed down as he loosened his control over the water.

 

~ooOOOoo~

 

To all readers, I hope you enjoying the fiction although it's lacking in many ways. Thank you very much for every comments, every upvotes, every new subscribers and every views. I also apologize for the long absence. Many things happened around me, but I won't say any excuse. I hope that I can update again soon, for this fiction or others. Thank you again.