Confessions

The Girl With Teal Headphones

Today was a sunny day so I decided to walk to the park and draw. I stared at my sketchbook as I slumped down onto the grass. I wonder if I'll ever show him those pictures. I thought to myself as I opened the sketchbook, flipping through a couple scenery pictures I came across some portraits of Byunghyun I drew a while back. A smile curved on my lips as I laughed before turning to a clear page. What to draw... I thought.

Ljoe was riding his bike on his day off. He had thought of messaging me but never got around to it when his friends kept pestering him to invite me over. And he's decided to never do that, especially with my being deaf. He smiled as the breeze hit his face. He looked down at his bike then turned into the park.

 

What caught his eyes were the teal headphones immediately. Is that... He thought before losing control of his bike. "W-woah!" He yelled before biking into the grass falling onto his side.

I saw the grass move and I looked up and saw the reddish hair. "B-Byunghyun!?" I said shocked putting my sketchbook down and crawling over to him. "A-are you okay!?" I said pushing the bike away from him.

Y-Yoojin.. He said holding his head slightly grimacing. I-I'm fine. He shook his head and fixed his hair. I smiled slightly at him before staring at his bike. I'm just badluck. He chuckled.

"Nice bike." I said gesturing. He couldn't help but laugh again and I stared at him before turning back to my sketchbook. Ljoe blinked before sitting down beside me.

Because she's deaf I can't really talk to her without bothering her. Ljoe thought with a sigh. I looked at Ljoe with the corner of my eye then smiled slightly.

"Want to see what I'm drawing?" I asked turning to him. He smiled before I handed him my sketchbook. He started to flip through the pictures and I noticed grass in his hair.

Wow. He mouthed. You're a really good artist. I smiled thankfully. He turned to a new picture and his jaw slightly dropped. I looked at it then my cheeks went a little pink. I-is this me? He asked. I just nodded my head laughing slightly. When did you...

"Remember the second time I came to your cafe?" I asked curiously. He nodded. "I had my sketchbook..."  I let my voice trail off slightly, the corner of my eyes stared at the slight smudge on the picture.

When you didn't want to show me? He stared. I nodded my head and he smiled to himself. It's really good. He complimented. I took the sketchbook then stared at it.

"It's handsome." I said. Ljoe laughed. "But." I looked up then at him with a smile. "Not as handsome as the real thing." Ljoe blinked suprised, his cheeks pink. He smiled a little happy. "Hmm." I said looking down back at my sketchbook before closing it. "No point in drawing now."

Why? Ljoe said suprised.

"Cause you're here." I laughed.

O-oh. Ljoe said. I-I can leave. He stood up but I took his arm and pulled him back down. I just shook my head still laughing. Ljoe just pinched my cheeks. Okay. I'll stay.

 

We started talking, we played games. He was really bad at games. I don't know if he really had badluck or just let me win. At one point we started having an english competition to see who knew the best english. I lost at that. Purposely, but don't tell him. At one point Ljoe just decided to fall asleep on me, and the sun wasn't even setting yet! I sighed and stared at his sleeping figure.

"Geez." I whispered. I pulled out my sketchbook and took the opportunity to draw his sleeping expression. If it sounds weird, call me weird.

My phone lit up since it was on the grass and I pulled took it before opening it.

From SeoYoung

Hey! You're coming today right? If not I can always reschedule!

I thought for a moment then smiled.

To SeoYoung

I'll come later, I'm with someone right now.

I put my phone down then jumped when Ljoe took my wrist. "Y-you scared me!" I said shocked. Ljoe laughed nodding his head. "N-not funny." I pouted.

Sorry~ He said. Though how he mouthed it, it didn't seem likely. I flicked his head and Ljoe stood up straight meeting my eyes.

"How was the sleep?" I asked raising my eyebrow. Ljoe raised his eyebrow then took his phone out going to the camera. "I didn't do anything."

Yeah right... Ljoe said staring at himself into the camera. I chuckled then took his phone. H-hey! He said in a wining way. I smiled before holding the phone up. Oh.. picture? I nodded.

"Smile." I said. I noticed Ljoe lean closer to my face and put his arm on my shoulder. My cheeks went pink but I smiled nicely before it snapped. I looked at the picture. "Wah it looks cute." I smiled happily.

Ljoe stared at my then laughed. Cute. He took the phone then made it his wallpaper.

"W-why are you doing that?" I said shocked. "W-we aren't a couple." I blushed. Why did I say that. "N-not that-!"

Can't we be? He said quietly. My eyes rounded at the words. I mean... it hurts... His lips were quivering, and to me it seemed his words were shaking. Now that I think about it.... He said looking up. Ever since we met.. .you've always been on my mind... He laughed and I gave a confused look. When you told me you were deaf...it just made me wonder.. how someone like you...such a perfect girl is deaf...  I smiled at him and took his hands. I know I have no right to say this.... He said slowly. But....

"You talk to much." I said immediately shutting him up. A smile curved onto my lips. "Words are words. But actions." I said leaning forward. "Are a lot beter."

Are you... He blinked suprised.

"Telling you to kiss me?" I said raising my eyebrow. "Yes."

He didn't hesitate. He just pressed his lips against mine and I felt the love, the caring. Everything. I felt warm inside and I was happy.

"I love you." He whispered into my ear. "Deaf or not." I smiled at him. But he didn't see. "Too bad I can't let you hear that."

"Too bad." I whispered back. "I heard it." His eyes rounded and he pulled away.

I-I thought-

"I was deaf?" I raised my eyebrow. "I am." I smiled at him. "But thanks to some counseling here, treatment, I got back a small percent of my hearing." I made a gesture with my finger.

S-so did you... His cheeks went pink as his voice trailed off.

"Hear you?" I said. "A little bit." Then I laughed. "But just enough to hear those words. I love you." I whispered to him. Ljoe looked away laughing in shock then he hugged me tightly. We both laughed and he kissed my forehead. "I have to go soon."

Why? He pouted. Right when you become my girlrfiend you have to go. I smiled and fixed his hair slightly.

"I'm going to my counseling." I said. "I'm getting hearing aids." Ljoe's jaw dropped in shock. "Then I can hear my own voice, and I can hear you."

Really!? He said shocked. I nodded and he smiled.

"You thought I was 100% deaf didn't you!?" I pouted at him. He gaped and I huffed before standing up. "Wow!" I said before walking away.

"Y-yah!" Ljoe yelled, then facepalmed forgetting. He stood up and chased after me.

I stopped and he hit his chest against me. I smiled. "Just kidding." Ljoe frowned and then kissed me softly. "Weirdo." I whispered to him.

"I love you." He smiled.

 

SeoYoung stared us two, then back down at our hands. I immediately let go of Ljoe's hand and placed them over Ljoe's ears and Ljoe didn't get it until SeoYoung screamed her lungs out. He flinched.

"I thought it would work." I pouted as soon as she stopped. Ljoe rubbed his ears slightly.

SeoYoung was talking way too fast for me to read her lips, but from how Ljoe's cheeks went pink and the frightened look he gave I'm sure it went some thing like.

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!! YOU GUYS ARE DATING ! NO WAY! NO WAY NO WAY!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAPPENED!!!! HOW? WHEN? WHERE! AND BYUNGHYUN I SWEAR IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO MY JENNY I WILL MAKE SURE YOU WILL NOT SEE THE DATE OF TOMORROW!!!!! SO....  DID YOU KISS!?

I facepalmed then walked into the doctor's office leaving the two alone.

The doctor had a package for me and he was smiling. You must be happy. He said chuckling. I looked behind me then back at him smiling. If you ever need new ones don't hesitate to come back.

"Don't worry." I said shaking me head taking the package and opening them. "I'll cherish these." I stared at the hearing aids before being a little hesitant to put them into my ears.

"So." The doctor said. My eyes rounded. "How do they feel?" I looked at him then smiled.

"To be honest." I said, hearing my own voice was shocking. "Amazing." The doctor smiled back at me. "Thank you."

"Enjoy your life now that you can hear." The doctor said.

 

 

===========

OMO! :3

Comment thoughts?

Annyeong.