Honesty

The Girl With Teal Headphones

The sun was setting faster than we had expected. I looked at the sky, even though there were so many clouds in the sky it was obvious with the red sky behind it all.

Ljoe looked at me, I seemed a little saddened. "Do you want to keep walking?" He asked. He looked down a little when I didn't look at him. Was she listening to music to the entire time? I looked up at the sky then looked at his expression.

Did he say something? I thought. "Let's go to the park." I smiled at him softly. Ljoe looked back up at me. He nodded and I pulled out Yoohyun. "Yoohyun did you have a fun day?" I made his head nod and Ljoe smiled, I guessed he laughed.

He watched me play with Yoohyun then looked at my eyes. I wonder if she really is listening to music. Maybe she doesn't like me back... and is just ignoring me. He frowned a little bit then flinched when I looked up at him. Oh... Uh... His cheeks went pink.

"Is something wrong?" I said. Ljoe shook his head. "I'm sorry if I haven't been focused on you." I looked at the ground. "I have my reasons."

Ljoe waved his hands and I looked at him. It's okay! He smiled softly. I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression. I smiled back at him then looked over and pointed to a park. Do you want to go there? I nodded my head and he laughed. Okay.

Maybe I'll tell him. I thought to myself as I sat at the park. Ljoe waved his hand in front of me saying something, but I wasn't able to read his lips to figure it out since he walked away. Get drinks? I thought to myself. I reached for my phone and saw I had two messages. Both from SeoYoung.

Hey! How's the date! Don't forget your second counseling appoint today at 7!

Hey it's 5! You better not be late!

I looked at the time, it was almost 6:30. I have to go soon. I thought sadly pouting, but it disappeared when I looked up at saw Ljoe. He handed me a can of soda. "Thank you."

No problem. He smiled.

"Sorry." I said after a while. He looked at me and I looked at him. "I have to go soon." He frowned a little and I sheepishly smiled. "I have counseling." Ljoe looked at me and he smiled.

Oh okay. He said nodding his head. Then he bit his lips. Can I ask you-

"Why I go counseling?" I said smiling at him. He blushed a little but nodded his head. "I was wondering when you'd ask me that." Then I looked at the ground. "Even though we just met."

If it's weird you don't have to tell me.

"No." I shook my head. "It's fine." I smiled at him. Ljoe stared at me. Her smile seems sad. "I should've told you when you called me."

When I called you? He stared at me confused.

I looked at him then straight forward. He blinked at me as I raised my arms to pull off my headphones. I guess after this he won't like me, he probably will be astonished and not want to talk to me. I closed my eyes.

I turned to him and he was still confused. I pulled both sides of my hair behind my ear before opening my mouth. But then I closed it and lifted my arm. (A/N please know the follow is an unsure thing for me cause I am not deaf, and Idk sign language that well XD)

Bringing my hand into a fist over my chest I made a circle.

Then I patted my chest.

Making the letters that spelled. D.E.A.F

Sorry. I'm. Deaf.

Ljoe's eyes rounded, he remembered being little he was taught a little bit of sign language in America by his friends. D-deaf? YooJin? I smiled at Ljoe sadly my lips slightly shaky. Y-you're kidding me right? He mouthed. I looked at him before shaking my head. B-but.

"I learned to read lips." I said. "I always wear those headphones." I said gripping my teal headphones in my hands. "So they don't find out." I looked at the ground. "That's why I always look straight at you when we talk."

That's why? He thought suprised. That's why her voice sounded funny to me. She's deaf. I looked up at Byunghyun.

"I'm weird right?" I laughed. What's there to laugh about? "A deaf person, trying to make it like a normal person?"

YooJin... Ljoe said quietly. I looked at him. His lips were quivering. Why? Why are your lips quivering? I stared at him as he bit his lips. I reached over and touched his hand. I'm sorry... He said.

"Don't be."  I smiled. "I was bound to tell you sooner or later?"

Is it permanent? My eyes rounded when he asked me. He looked up at me. Are you permanently deaf?  I looked at him then a gust of wind brushed passed my back.

"I... maybe." I said. Ljoe just nodded.

You're not weird. Ljoe said quietly. I stared at his lips. You're fine how you are, deaf or not. My heart softened and Ljoe took both my hands. You don't need headphones to hide anything. He smiled.

Is it pity? I thought. No. I smiled at Ljoe. "Thank you." Ljoe nodded his head.

YooJin. Ljoe said. My phone suddenly vibrated and I held up my finger to see the message I recieved. He stared at me then smiled again laughing. I'm crazy...

He opened his mouth.

 

"Saranghae."

 

I looked at him suprised and his eyes rounded. Did she hear me? Did I hear him correctly? Did I just hear something? His cheeks went pink and my heart started to beat faster than ever. My eyes went from him to my phone. "I-I have to go." I said pointing to my phone.

O-oh okay! Ljoe said quickly the both of us standing up quickly. Want me to walk you? He asked curiously scratching the back of his head still slightly embarrased. She's deaf Byunghyun, but she said maybe. Did she really hear me?

"If you'd like." I said slowly smiling. Ljoe smiled and took my hand. My cheeks were as pink as his and we walked in silence. Saranghae... did I really hear it? I stared at me headphones and smiled. "I won't need these anymore..." I said to myself. Ljoe looked at me wondering if I said something to him and then laughed.

 

We walked down the street until we were a block away from my building. "I can walk the rest." I said smiling at him. "I had a fun day." I said giggling.

Y-you did? Ljoe said scratching his cheeks still remembering what happened a few minutes ago. That's good. He smiled softly. I'll text you later?

"Sure!" I said pulling out Yoohyun. "Say goodbye Yoohyun." I made Yoohyun wave.

This innocent girl. This amazing person. Ljoe thought waving before turning around. She's deaf. He looked back as he watched me get hugged by a girl. That must be SeoYoung. He stared. Then he turned back around to go home. I fell in love with a deaf girl. He looked down then smiled. I'm in love with a deaf girl.

 

So how was it!? SeoYoung asked me smiling as we were walking to the doctor's office. Did you guys kiss!? I want all the details! I rolled my eyes and my friend and then thought back to what happened earlier. TELL ME! was wide enough for her to be yelling it.

"I-I don't know." I lied and she just puffed  her cheeks. "It was a good day." I smiled. "I hope that I can hear soon." SeoYoung just chuckled.

About that. The doctor signed. I looked at him. About your hearing.

My eyes rounded.

 

 

=======================

Yeah.... :(

Comment thoughts?

Anyeong...