Regular Customer

The Girl With Teal Headphones

Key:

*Ljoe's thoughts

*YooJin's thoughts

 

The clock couldn't go any slower according to Ljoe's heart as he kept hearing the ticking while he was drying plates. Constantly he would look back at the front door hoping for his favorite regular customer to come through. He sighed and looked back at the now squeaky clean cups and plates.

"Hyung is love sick." Changjo whispered to Changhyun, also known as Ricky. Ricky blinked. "You know that customer who comes here everyday with the teal headphones?" He gestured with his hands.

"Oh that cute girl?" Ricky perked up. But he immediately shrunk when Ljoe turned to him with a dagger stare.

"He likes her." Changjo nudged his head.

"No kidding.." Ricky said letting his voice trail off. Ljoe perked up when he heard the door open and immediately tossed his apron aside to go to the counter. "Speak of the angel." Rick laughed. Changjo rolled his eyes before the two looked over. I walked up the the counter. "I've never seen her without those headphones..." Ricky said.

"What kind of music do you think she listens to?"

"Classical?"

"RnB!"

"Soul~"

"Shut up." Chunji said scaring the two. "And get back to work!" Changjo and Ricky scrambled off the floor and went over to greet customers. Chunji looked at Ljoe then sighed. "Just ask for her number already."

"Morning." Ljoe smiled. I looked at Ljoe and nodded my head. Same as always. Ljoe thought, his heart sinking a little. The he noticed 2 journals in my hands. One looked like a sketchbook. "To go?" He asked a little heartbroken. I looked up at him.

"No." I shook my head. Ljoe looked at me and I stared at him blankly. "My usual?" I asked curiously. Ljoe nodded his head and gestured, I pointed to the table I'll be at and quickly walked away.

Is she an artist? Ljoe thought to himself. I wonder what she draws... He looked over at me and saw me staring at him. He had looked away about a second before I noticed and his cheeks went pink. Did she see me? Aish! He shook his head in frustration.

"I'm sure hyung will kill himself before he ever gets her number." Niel whispered to Changjo who just nodded before handing a cup of coffee to a male customer. Ljoe chuckled a piece of cloth at the two. "Oops." Niel said before escaping to the kitchen to help CAP make sweets.

Ljoe looked back at me and saw my pencil run along the paper. Oh. She's drawing. He looked down at the finished tray and lifted the tray before coming over to me. "Here you are." He said placing the tray down. I placed my hand over the drawing before Ljoe could see and looked up.

"Thank you." I gave him a small smile making his heart race again. He nodded and quickly looked away.

Darn... I couldn't see.. He thought then he stood his back up straight. Wait! That's peeking! That's bad! Aish Byunghyun! You're such an idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! He ruffled his hair in frustration then looked up at Chunji who was shaking his head in displeasure. "What?"

"Just go talk to her"  Chunji said crossing his arms. "It's obvious that you want to talk to her."

"But what do I talk to her about?" Ljoe said turning his head to see me tapping the paper. Oh... is she stuck? Chunji saw Ljoe's expression and snapped his finger in front of Ljoe's face to snap his attention back. "I mean I don't know her!"

"Well get to know her!" Chunji said. "And don't use the employee customer excuse on me" He said in a stern way. Ljoe frowned and then looked at me. "If you aren't going to talk to her then go back to taking orders!" He ordered. Ljoe nodded sulking and walked to the cash register.

 

~~~~~~

 

I took a bite of the cheescake and stared at my picture. Ah... that was close.. he almost saw! I looked slowly at Byunghyun who was taking orders. Then I looked back at my journal and saw I had smeared a little bit. Darn... I hope I can fix that. A pout appeared on my lips but it soon disappeared as my phone vibrated.

From: SeoYoung unnie

Get over here! Do you know you're 5 minutes late to your counseling????

CRAP I FORGOT! I screamed in my head as I noticed my coffee was still there getting cold. I bit my lips before quickly gulping it down letting it warm up my insides. I saw Ljoe come over and I panicked. Ah... ah... I flipped to a random page in my sketchbook and smiled at one before ripping it and writting on a clear spot before standing up and leaving. I passed by Ljoe and he gave me a suprised look before I left the store.

To myself I had hoped he said goodbye.

 

~~~~~~

 

Ljoe stared at my back. She's leaving.... He frowned. And just when I was going to talk to her. His eyes wandered to the table since he sighed deciding to clean it. He trudged over to it and noticed a piece of paper sitting under the mug. She forgot this. He thought then noticed.

To Byunghyun-ssi

To me? He thought. His heart began to pace at a beat he couldn't count and he looked back before folding it and placing it into his pocket. He picked up everything else and quickly placed it into the sink before heading to the employee lounge sitting on the leather couch in front of the TV.

 

To Byunghyun-ssi,

Sorry I must leave early. I actually was busy, I had... counseling if that sounds weird. I'm not sure I'll be able to come tomorrow. But if it's not weird, I'd like to see you again.

My name is Park YooJin, I moved here from the states on the first day I came to the restaurant.

I hope we can get to know each other.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

-YooJin

 

Ljoe's jaw dropped as he read it. I hope we can get to know each other...know each other..know each other... He reread over and over. A smile formed on his face. Then he noticed behind the letter was a drawing. His eyes rounded when he saw a drawing of the ocean and a beautiful sunset. Colored in what seemed to me soft pastel.  He smiled again.  He felt giddy inside and he stood up and started to dance.

"Hyung-" Changjo came in but stopped half way closing the door again. "Nevermind..." He looked back.

"What's Ljoe hyung doing?" Ricky asked.

"Celebrating." Changjo shrugged.

"For what?"

"Getting the number of his regular customer." Changjo smiled, Ricky nodded before the two started filling out the orders. "Seems like an interesting love story."

"You don't really think the relationship will work between the two do you?" Ricky asked raising his eyebrow.

"Why do you think it wont?" Changjo asked curiously.

"She seems... to have something wrong with her." Ricky said with an uncertain tone. "I'm not sure... but I think there's a reason why she never takes off her headphones." Changjo stared at Ricky for a second but then Ricky smiled. "I could be wrong." Changjo just laughed. "Maybe it'll be hyung's love story to tell his kids."

"Hyung is 20.." Changjo said.

"Yeah..." Ricky laughed.

 

Meanwhile. Ljoe was still dancing, stopping to stare at the letter, then dancing again.

 

 

===============

Happy Ljoe~ Lol XD

I make Ljoe seem like such a dork lol. But hey, he's my husband~

Comment thoughts~

Anyeong~