2

I'll Protect You

It had been a week since the wedding. All of Seoul knew about their marriage and that Kim Jaejoong and Lee Sunghee were now off the market. Married life for Sunghee was no different than being single. She was home all day alone, but instead of her parent's being gone, it was her husband.  Before those words he spoke to her on the night of their wedding, she was actually beginning to think he was an ok guy. If he didn't love her, she'd at least be comfortable around him. That's what she thought at first but he hopes were crushed when he showed his true colors. He treated her like a maid. He only spoke to her if he needed something. He didn't let her keep any of her stuff in his room or even let her sleep in his bed. If it wasn't benefiting him, he completely ignored her presence.

For Jaejoong, living as a married man wasn't as hard as he thought it would be. He thought she would have been one of those clingy annoying girls that wanted him to die of their constant whining, but she was different. He was surprised that she actually obliged with his wished. Most girls would complain until he grew tiered of them and gave in so their so call 'aegyo.' She hadn't spoken a word to him since the wedding. All he got from her were nods and the occasional sigh. When he asked, she cooked, cleaned, did the laundry. Basically, she did everything for him even when he didn't ask. She didn't complain, she didn't argue with him. That was the only thing he liked about her. Her silence.

-

Sunghee sat on the couch in silence. It was almost 3 in the morning and Jaejoong still wasn't back. Over the past week, she learned that every other Friday, he would go out with his friends to drink. She was expecting him back soon so she decided to stay up and wait for him. She might not like him but he was still her husband and as his wife, she was entitled to take care of him. Her head turned towards the door when she heard the door open.

"Stop it." she heard a woman giggle. Her 'protests' were muffled when he roughly kissed her. 

"I want you know." she recognized his voice. She quickly laid down on the couch and covered herself with the blanket. She heard them as they staggered their way to their bedroom. She heard him rip off her clothes and her giggles. For 2 hours she stayed under the blanket unable to sleep. Their loud moans and the constant slapping of skin made it impossible to shut her eyes. At about 6 in the morning, it was finally silent. Sunghee pulled the blanket off and sat up. A small glow was already coming from outside reveling the mess the two made.

She could see their clothes sprawled all over the ground. The girl's dress was in shreds, one heel in the kitchen the other thrown across the room. Even worse, her didn't even make it into the room with them. Sunghee's heart clenched. She understood that he didn't like her, but he should at least have the decency to keep his private life outside and away from her. This behavior showed just how much compassion he had.

Sunghee didn't know why her heart was hurting. She for sure as hell didn't like him. He was rude, arrogant, bossy, mean. Everything he was fit Sunghee's definition of a jackass. Slowly, she stood up and began to fix the place. She threw away they dress and placed her shoes by the door. She went into the guest bedroom an pulled out a plain white t-shirt, a pair of jean shorts and a new pair of underwear. She placed the clothes on the couch and went into the kitchen. She took all of the ingredients she needed for hangover soup and began cooking. At about 8 in the morning, she heard voices from the bedroom.

"Get out." Jaejoong said sternly.

"But-"

"i said leave!" His voice was a bit louder this time.

SLAP

"Your a in' ." The door opened and slammed shut. She looked around the apartment searching for her clothes.

"The hell are my-" she stopped when she turned around to meet Sunghee's eyes.

"Good morning." Sunghee said. "I hope you don't mind but i threw away your dress. It was ripped and i didn't think you'd want to leave wearing that." Sunghee stepped closer and picked the clothes she had prepared up from the sofa.

"Here." she said handing it to her. "You can wear this. I'm pretty sure this will fit you." The girl eyed her skeptical until they landed on her right hand. Her eyes widened.

"Your married to that wipe?!" she gasped. Sunghee looked at her hand and looked back at the girl.

"Yeah."

"I'm so sorry, if i knew he was married i would have never-"

"It's alright." Sunghee said softly. "You can change in there." She lead the girl to the bathroom. When she finished, she turned to Sunghee.

"You deserve better than that jerk." She held her hand. "If you really want to be happy, you'd leave him. Anyway, thank you. I'm sorry for disturbing you today."  She bowed and left.

"I would leave... if i had a choice." she answered.

-

Jaejoong stood by the door and listened to his wife's conversation with the girl he brought home. It puzzled him. Shouldn't se be angry and yelling at her. Any normal person would be furious but instead, she was treating that girl the way someone would treat a guest.

"You deserve better than that jerk. He heard the girl tell Sunghee. "If you really want to be happy you'd leave him." She thanked Sunghee for her hospitality and left. Jaejoong was about to leave the room when he heard her voice.

"I would leave... if i had a choice."

What did that mean? Any girl would be happy marrying the most sought out bachelor in Seoul. What made her say that?

'If you haven't noticed, smart one, she doesn't want to be here.'' His conscious said. Jaejoong shook it off and made his way to the kitchen.

"Why'd you do that?" he asked her when he saw her. Sunghee looked at him.

"What did i do Jaejoong-shi?" She asked as she placed a bowl of soup on the table.

"Don't play dumb with me." he growled. "Why'd you treat that like that?"

"Don't call her that." Sunghee said. "She placed her bowl of soup of the table and sat down. "Eat."

"Answer my ing question."

"There's nothing wrong with showing her hospitality." Sunghee said simply. Her attitude towards this situation boiled his blood. He didn't know why but it just did.

"You should be angry not giving that filthy you clothes. Normal people would have slapped her and thrown her out of the apartment if she was wearing clothes or not. Are you nor normal? Are you dumb?" he yelled. Sunghee's eyebrow twitched in irritation.

"You want me to be mad? You want me to be angry?" she slammed her spoon on the table and stood up. "If i'm goin to be angry, i'm going to be angry and you not her." She walked around the table and faced him.

"You have been treating me like crap for the past week. I do you laundry, i cook for you, i do everything. I don't utter on word of complaint and do what ever you ask me to do. What do i get back? A man acting like a 5 year old child treating me like a maid. Look, i know you don't like me. I get it. I don't like you very much either, but i have the decency to respect you. Whether you like it or not, i am your wife. We both don't have a choice in this right now. We both were forced into this bull and i suggest you make the best of it."

Jaejoong was taken aback. No one in his life had scolded him like that before. She scolded him with a calm but stern tone. She was the type of mad where her expression was unreadable.  She sighed heavily.

"We have no love in this marriage." she said. "I understand that but please, at least have respect for me or all of my repsect towards you will vanish." She walked back to her seat and sat down.

"Eat your food before it get cold Jaejoong."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! omg, im really havppy! i got 4 sunscribers! YAY! i know it may not seem like a lot to you guys but as the author of this story, i'm soo proud of myself. My subscriber, i thank you lots. You guys helped me to write another chapter today! So i hope i get more subscribers today!

Ohh so today, Jaejoong decided to go play Mr. Unfaithful. Brought home one random chick and got laid. So it might be a little confusing but Jaejoong forgot that Sunghee was there. So Sunghee was totally chill. She even gave the girl clothes!! Sunghee is way too compassionate!! Jaejoong doesn't understand why  he's so upset with Sunghee's actions. Sugnghee yells at him and he's a bit surprised. Now don't misunderstand. It's not love yet. We've still got a while until they even start to show feelings of like towards each other. So i'm not sure when i'll update again. I'm kinda lazy. And just a heads up, when winter break is over (Jan. 8) my updates will gorw less frequent bucause i do have school and freinds and family. Please understand. Ok enough of my talk. I hope you gous enjoyed this chapter. Please let me know what you think in the comments!! Please let me know of you guys have ideas or something. i'd love to hear it!

 

Completed: December 31, 2012
15:31 pm