7

I'll Protect You

Sunghee buried her feet in the warm sand and stared at the horizon. Surrounding the island was shallow, light blue water. The sky was cloudless and an intense blue. After posting up her little notes, Sunghee changed into her black bathing suit with matching black shorts and a white, oversized, see through shirt on top. She sat under a palm tree enjoying the silence and tranquility of the shade. Sunghee heard footstep behind her. She turned and saw Jaejoong casually walking towards her. He stood next to her and stared out into the distance. Sunghee looked up at him but he ignored her.

"Here." He pulled something out of his pockets and handed it to her. It was the post it's she had left around the house.

"Don't make a mess next time." Sunghee gave a half smile and took them.

"Sorry." She folded her arms on her knees and placed her chin on her arms. She expected Jaejoong to turn and leave but instaead, he sighed and took a seat next to her.

"I'm taking up your offer."  Jaejoong said quickly. Sunghee turned to look at him. He looked strait ahead avoiding eye with her. Even if he wasn't looking at her, she could tell that he was holding back a blush. Sunghee giggled lightly and looked away.

"Let's play 20 questions then." Jaejoong scoffed.

"Isn' t that a child's game?" Sunghee shrugged.

"Does it matter?"

"What ever. I start first." Jaejoong said cooly. Sunghee nodded for him to go on."Why did you marry me?"

"I knew you'd ask that."

"Was it for money? Fame?" he continued ignoring her comment.

Sunghee scoffed. "Your not serious right? Jaejoong, do you really think i need your money? My parents own one of the biggest companies in Korea. Do you really think i'd marry for money? And fame? If you haven't noticed, there is practically nothing on me. I'm a dull person to the korean tabloids. Hardly worth their time of find dirt on me."

"Then why-"

"Isn't it obvious Jaejoong?" Sunghee was surprised how such a sucessful CEO was so dense. "I didn't want to marry  you Jaejoong. And i'm assuming you didn't want to marry me either. Now that was 4 questions i answered for you. You have 16 left."

"Yah, you were keeping track?"

"Yes. Now you have 15." she answered. Jaejoong's mouth hung open. "That's not fiar!"

"Don't be a baby. It's my turn." Sunghee tapped her chin in deep thought. She snapped her fingers. "Got it." Jaejoong leaned in ready for her question.

"How old are you?" jaejoong mentally face palmed.

"That's your question?" Sunghee nodded.

"Yes. Now you have 14." This time Jaejoong literally face palmed.

"I'm 24." he said with a sigh.

"Wha. Your 3 years older than me. I just turned 20 on the 19 of March."

"Rea-"

"If you wanna lose another question, go ahead and say it." Jaejoong sent her annoyed glares but continued.

"I've been rude to you ever since the wedding. Why are you so nice to me?" he asked.

"Does it really matter why?" Sunghee asked.

"You have 18 now and yes." He said. Sunghee chuckled and spoke.

"I know you don't like it but i'm your wife. It's my job to take care of your if you like me or not." Jaejoong didn't expect such a honest answer. He thought she would have said 'because i'm scared of you' or something.

"My turn." she said softly. "What's you favorite food?"

"Anything spicy. I love spicy food." he answered simply.

"I'll remember that. You have 13 now."

"Do you regret marrying me?" he asked cautiously.  Sunghee smiled.

"I haven't been married long enough to regret anything. Do you regret marrying me?" Jaejoong thought about it. Nothing bad had happened since the marriage.

"Same answer as your's." Jaejoong rubbed his neck and pulled his knees to his chest.

"What would you be doing if you weren't married to me?"

"College."

"Why do you need to go to college? You're set for life." he cocked his brow and looked at her. She pulled her keens closer to her chest and continued to look out at nothing.

"Maybe i want more out of life. I don't want to depend on my parents for the rest of my life. I want to have an education, travel, live. I don't want to live like the other young people my age. All they do is party, get drunk and lose their ity.  I don't want an artificial life." For some reason, Jaejoong was intrigued.

"Well what do you do in you free time then?"

"I don't have many friends so not much. i like to play soccer and i do a little photography." Sunghee said.

"Aren't you lonely?"

"Yes, it can't get lonely but, it's better than befriending people that could end up betraying me in the end."

"You know, not everyone is like that."

"Isn't that the reason you were so distant from me when we first met?" For the first time since the game started Sunghee turned to look at him. Her eyes were calm and empty. It scared Jaejoong when she was like this. What she said was 100% true. His 4 friends took a lot of getting used to before he could actually be comfortable around them. Jaejoong didn't answer. Sunghee gave a sad smile and turned her attention back to the ocean.

"You have 8 questions left Jaejoong. i have 16. Use your's Well."

"You keep going until i think of one."

"Do you like being CEO?"

"It does have it's perks but, truthfully no. It's too much work and stress. When i was still in high school, i only had to worry about myself and my friends, but becoming CEO means personally handling over 10,000 lives. If i make one wrong decision or miscalculate our stocks, then i'll be ruining the lives of people who have families or sick parents or single parents. If i could choose, i would have rejected the job." Sunghee nodded.

"Your a very responsible person Jaejoong. I admire you for that. If i were in your position, i probably would have gone crazy by now." Sunghee stretched out her legs and leaned back on her arms. "Ok, next question. Did you have someone... you know, before you were supposed to marry me?"

"Girlfriend huh.. No. i didn't. Why, are you worried?" He asked teasingly.

"No. I just couldn't bear breaking you and someone you love apart. I'd feel bad for the rest of my life."

"Ok, i have a question." Jaejoong said.

"Alright." Jaejoong cleared his throat.

"Do you love you parents?" Sunghee cocked her eyebrow.

"That's a weird question, but i'll answer it." Sunghee took a deep breath. "They are my parents but.... i don't think i do. I've only received their love through money and presents so i guess you can say i don't know what love feels like. My whole childhood was very empty. My parents were never some because of work and sometimes they'd only be home long enough for dinner.When they forgot my birthday or if they weren't there for the holidays, they'd buy me really expensive clothing or gifts to 'make up' for it." Sunghee looked at Jaejoong. "My life is pitiful right? I might have everything someone could ever want but it's not worth it if i'm not happy."

Jaejoong could see the tears start to build u in her eyes. She looked so sad and frail. So lonely. Jaejoong waned to comfort her but expressing himself was something that had always been hard for him to do. Just as he was about to say something, Sunghee stood up and dusted off her backside.

"Let's finish our game next time ok? I'll go make lunch. Come in in a little bit alright?" Jaejoong watched her retreating figure. he had never met anyone so sad and lonely. Someone who looked so composed on the outside but was slowly being ripped apart on the inside. He had never met someone.... who reminded his so much of himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello people!! My subscribers!! I'm sorry for not updating yesterday. :( i just wanted to take a lazy day because i updated like 4 times in a row. I decided to update today because i thought of this chapter and i didn't want to lose the idea. Ok so this is just kind of a filter chapter. You learn a little more about Sunghee and Jaejoong here. Some question are vital to their personality and some are just there because i could think of anything. So they haven't finished thier game. Sunghee has 14 question left and Jaejoong has 7. His last questions kind weird huh? i don't get you Jaejoong. Who missed Angel Jae and Devil Jae?? lol i do. They have some pretty dumb conversations. They'll be back soon! 

OK so sorry if this was a boring chapter. I might update tomorrow. IDK. But just to let you all know, my christmas break ends Tomorrow. I go back on the 8th which is Tuesday for me. I go to school late on Thursdays so there might be updates then. I'll miss you guys!! Please comment and subscribe!!

 

Completed: January 6, 2013
12:37 pm