1

I'll Protect You

Jaejoong sat in his waiting room fuming in his own anger. It was March 27. The day of his wedding. There were two reasons to why he was pissed.

Number one: He was marrying someone he didn't know. It had been two and a half months since the annoucement of the engament to the press yet, he still hadn't seen her in person. He'd seen pictures but he had never seen her upclose with his own two eyes. The only thing he knew about her was her name and who her parents were. He had never even heard of the girl. The girl hadn't shown up at events or parties. It was like she didn't exist. He had asked his parents multipul time to at least introduce him to her but they refused. They had told him it would have been better if they met at the wedding. He even tried to google her but all he got were random pictures of people with her name.

Number two: He loathed her. He had never met her, but he loathed her for agreeing to this marriage. He had no choice but to agree, but her on the other hand had the freedom to say yes or no. This decision took two people to agree to and if she had said no, he would be in this mess. He hunched over and placed his elbows on his knees. Clenching his jaw, he stared at nothing in deep thought. Frustrated, he stood up abruptly and kicked the nearest thing to him. He heaved deep breaths and made his way to the balcony. Opening the door roughly, he began to pace back and forth think about how he could get out of his situation. He thought about running away, breaking his leg, even changing his name and becoming an eskimo. He groaned in defeat and leaned on the railing.

"What am i going to do?" he asked himself. He looked up and glanced around at his surroundings until a glimps of white caught his eye. He looked closer and saw someone standing at the balcony across from him. From what he could see, her back was facing him showing the the paleness of her back. Her hair dark in  a loose, elegant bun. Although she was quite a distance from him, he knew for a fact that she was wearing a wedding dress. He watched as she brought a hand up to her face and brought it back down to her side. He snorted. He hated this. He hated her.

-

-

After 2 hours of prepping, the stylist finally left her room. Sunghee sighed and looked at herself inf the mirror. The dress a one shoulder, bakcless Vera Wang. It fit her form perfectly. It hugged her hips and her bustline making her even more alluring. As the dress left her hips, it flared outwardand stopped at her feet. The bottom of the dress was decorated with beaded embrordery and lace. The end created 3 foot train that elongated her legs. It fell perfectly at her feet makingt her look like a goddess. Her hair and make up were done to perfection. Honestly speaking, Sunghee didn't have much make up on. They stylist told her that not much was needed because her face was already pefect without it. All she had on was a faint pink lipstick, lip gloss, mascara, and eyeliner.

Her hair was put up, done in a messy bun. It made her look classy and young. It complimented the shape of her face and the dress she was in. The whole staff thought she was beautiful but inside, she thought she was ugly. The dress her mother chose was pretty, but as stated earlier, her mother chose the dress. She thought that if she was getting married to a stanger to make her parents happy, she should at least be able to pick her own dress. But sadly, the dress was chosen long before Sunghee knew about the wedding.

Stressed, Sunghee walked out onto the balcony, leaning her back on the railing. She stared off into space thinking about her life. It was all planned out for her. Every dicision so far was made be her parents. She wanted to go to college but her parents decided to marry her off. She wanted to marry someone she loved but her parents decided they loved thier money more that thier daughter. Her whole life had been planned out for her. Since from a young age she knew that her parents were a bit self centered. She grew up by herself. She learned her multipucation facts from her butler. The maids taught her how to cook and clean. She did everything by herself. She had always been alone. Looking back on her life, she realized that her life was pitiful. Not once did she remember truely being happy. She felt a single tear slid down her rosy cheek. She sniffed and wiping it off with the back of her hand.

-

-

Jaejoong and Sunghee both stood at the alter. They zoned out most of what the pastor said until they heard the words they dreaded most.

"Do you two take eachother to be lawfully wedded. To have and to hold, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health?" They both glanced at eachother, locking eyes. They stared at eachother for what seemed like hours.

His first time seeing her and he couldn't say she was ugly. She was beautiful. This surprised him. He had never called a woman beautiful. He usually used the words hot, y, fine, ect to decribe the women he saw. She was the perfect hight for him. He was  180 cm (5'9") while she was about 175 cm (5'7"). She had dark brown hair, a small face and pretty brown eyes. She was ideal on the outside but he didn't like what he saw in her eyes. He saw absolutly nothing. No a single emotion. They were bland and lifeless.

Sunghee admired his face. He was handsome. Cute lips, a nice jawline, a muscular body. Who could deny that? But from the stories and rumors she heard, he seem like the type of people she hated the most. Arrogant and haughty. But she wan't the type to make assuptions. After all, all of the articles she read on his were on gossip magazines. Reguardless of his looks, she learned that he was a hard worker. He had done nothing but good for his company and parents. He was dedicated and responsible. She gate his props for that.

"I do." they both answered. Oblivious to the situation the two were in, the pastor smiled.

"I and happy to announce the two of you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.

'The kiss.' they both thought. They looked at eachother again. She expected Jaejoong to make the first move but when it became clear that he wouldn't she started. Jaejoong watched as a a faint cloud of anxiety flashed into her eyes. He heard her release a small sigh. She took a small step forward  and placed her hand on his shoulder. Sunghee stood on her toes and slowly leaned in. She placed a small kiss on the corner of his lips and retracted back immediately. He was a bit suprised that she had the courage to take initiative and 'kiss' him but that still didn't change the fact that she had openly announced thier marriage to the whole world.

-

-

"I'm happy for you." His friend, Yunho, patted his back.

"Yeah? Well i'm not happy at all." His friends chuckled.

"Come on hyung." Changmin said. "Lighten up a bit. It's your wedding." Jaejoong glared at his.

"It may be my wedding to you but to me, its a passage to hell. You have no i dea how it feels to marry someone you just met." Jaejoong said in irritation.

"Calm down." Yoochun said. "People are watching."

"It can't be that bad hyung. She's really pretty." Junsu glanced to his wife across the ballroom. She was standing with her mother and father talking with his parents. Sunghee continuously stared at her feet and only lifted her head to answer questions his parents shot at her.

"Alright." the mc lowered the music. "I believe it's time for the new couple to have thier first dance. Please clear the dancefloor.'

"That's you." Yoochun and Junsu lightly pushed him towards the direction of Sunghee. He looked back to his friends and scowled. They smiled ant shoo'd him away. He sighed heavily and walked over to Sunghee.

Thier parents caught the sight of Jaejoong heading towards thier direction and snickered. They both quietly walked away, leaving Sunghee by herself. When Sunghee looked up, she saw Jaejoong walking towards her. When he reached his desination, he held out his hand.

"We need to do our fritst dance." he said flatly. Sunghee nodded.

"Alright." She reached out and gently placed her hand in his. Hand in hand, they made thier way to the middle of the dance floor. When thier hands touched, Jaejoong's face grew warm and he felt his other hand go clamy. He took a deep breath and spun her around to face him. He grabbed both of her hands and placed her hands on his neck. He drapped his hands around her waist and pulled her closer to his body. She tensed under his touch and looked away. When the music started, they both began to sway to the music, taking small steps back and forth. Not even a third into the song, he grew irritated of staring into the base of her head.

"Will you look up?" he hissed. She hesitantly raised her head but looked at his chin. "I ment look at me. besides our parents, were the only people who know this marriage is arranged and if you keep looking at the ground some people will think something's off." She nodded and looked up into his eyes. He stiffened again. It was her eyes. Earlier, they had been filled with nothing but now, he could see sadness and loneliness.

"I'm sorry." she said softly. "i'll try harder." She tightened her hold on him which caused his shoulders to tense. After some moments of silence she spoke again.

"I'm sorry for this." she told him. "The arranged marriage i mean. If i could stop it, i would have." This surprised him. He sisn't expect this. He didn't expect her to be so... considerate. He still didn't like her. It took a lot more than that to be forgiven.

'Forgiven? What exactly did she do Jaejoong?' his consious asked him. He pushed aside the thought. As the song ended he bent down and whispered in her ear.

"After today, don't talk to me, don't even look at me,  unless necessary."

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong's kind mean isn't he? Well, it'll only be like that for a while. So i hope you like my first chapter. If it's a bit boring, please excuse it. The first chapters ae always the hardest to Write. Please comment and subscribe!

miss_anonymous

 

Chapter finished: December 30, 2012
16:50 pm