Chapter 31

The Magicians of Love

“STEPHANIE!!!” Hyunjoong shouted loudly once again but there was still no reaction from Tiffany. Meanwhile, the lorry was driven approaching Tiffany without decreasing its speed. Hyunjoong threw his bag to the ground and immediately ran towards Tiffany as fast as he could.

He crossed the road and dashed towards Tiffany. They both fell onto the road with Hyunjoong was hugging Tiffany tightly. Fortunately, they managed to escape from the way of the lorry in the nick of time. In order to protect Tiffany, Hyunjoong dropped himself first on the road. Then, Tiffany fell on Hyunjoong.

“OUCH!!!” he exclaimed his pain as he started to feel pain on his back after falling hardly on the rough surface of road. Nevertheless, he was still hugging Tiffany tightly who was leaning on Hyunjoong’s body. He hove a relief sigh and following by a few deep breathes.

“Tiffany, are you okay?” he asked without facing Tiffany as Tiffany was leaning on him and he couldn’t see her face. There was no response from Tiffany and she was just leaning on him without moving even a bit. “Tiffany?” he called for her once again but there was still no response. He held both of Tiffany’s shoulders and slowly turned her around. He slowly made Tiffany lying down on the road and now, Hyunjoong who was on Tiffany but he supported his body with pressing his elbow on the road.

Tiffany was just lying down on the road without opening her eyes. She didn’t give any reaction the entire time.  Hyunjoong looked at her while frowning and he started to feel uneasy. “Tiffany!” he called but there was still no reaction and Tiffany just closed her eyes tightly. “TIFFANY!!!” Hyunjoong called while shaking her body. Tiffany was unconscious. Hyunjoong immediately got up. He lifted her up and then, he ran to the hospital as fast as he could while lifting Tiffany. He looked very worried.

-------------

[At Soshi Girls’ villa, living room]

Yoona was using her hand phone. She unlocked her hand phone and called someone but the person who was called didn’t answer the call. “There is any news about Tiffany?” Jessica asked Yoona after seeing Yoona finished using her hand phone.

“No, she didn’t pick up,” Yoona replied while shaking her head. “I’m quite worried. We have not contacted each other about three days,” she added.

“I’M BACK!!!” Yuri suddenly shouted loudly after entering Soshi Girls’ villa. She just arrived. Her scream could be heard clearly in the villa.

“OMO!!!” Soshi Girls and Yoona were very startled with the loudness of Yuri’s voice. Yuri just approached them like she didn’t do anything wrong.

Yoona turned her head towards Yuri and asked, “Are you that happy after meeting Minho?” Yuri just gave a wide smile as the answer of Yoona’s question. Then, she sat down on the sofa beside Yoona.

“Yah! Kwon Yuri! What are you doing?! You startled us!” Sunny said to Yuri angrily while throwing a pillow to Yuri.

In order to protect herself, Yuri covered herself with both of her hands and she totally forgot about her right hand, which was painful and covered by a bandage. “Ouch!” she exclaimed her pain after the pillow hit her right hand. “It hurts!” Yuri exclaimed while her left hand held softly her right hand.

“Why? I just threw a pillow and it does not that hard!” Sunny defended herself from being blamed for Yuri’s pain and she was sure that Yuri’s pain really didn’t irrelevant with it.

“Yuri-ah, what have happened to your hand?” Yoona asked in worried voice as she was the first person who realized about Yuri’s right hand which was covered by a bandage. Before Yuri gave any answer for Yoona’s question, Yoona touched the bandage part as she was curious.

“YOONA!!!” Yuri shouted after her pain increased as Yoona touched it. She stomped her feet for a few times while closing her eyes tightly.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Yoona apologized while chuckling. She put her hand on Yuri’s shoulder and rubbed it to comfort her.

“So, it’s not my fault, right?” Sunny asked in a bit happy voice as she knew that she was not the one who caused Yuri’s pain. “Who did it?”

Before answering the question, Yuri hove a few deep breathes. After she calmed down, she started telling the whole story.

“The three girls who called themselves as Minho’s fan club who hurt you?” Jessica asked. Yuri nodded. “You are really brave. Why did you fight with them?”

“Of course I need to. They are too much. Who are them to prevent me from meeting Minho? I’ll keep meeting Minho unless Minho himself tells me not to,” Yuri said in confident voice. “Don’t tell me that you guys afraid…” Yuri said while looking at Soshi Girls.

“Of course not!” Taeyeon quickly defended. “We also fought with them. Last year, right?” Taeyeon asked Jessica and Sunny. Jessica and Sunny nodded. “During the Sport Day… they kept bothering us as we looked close with Minho until they knew I’m Minho’s cousin.”

“Yuri, I agree with you that they are too much. They want all the girls except the girls who have relationship with Minho, stay away from Minho and they would keep bothering them until they gave up,” Jessica added.

“Yes, because of that, I took my revenge. I made a punch towards Hyejin’s face,” Yuri said proudly while smirking.

“You punched her?!” Sunny asked in a shocked voice.

“Em!” Yuri admitted proudly while nodding.

“Yuri! I know that they deserve to be given a lesson but you must be careful! They also have known with their rudeness and cruelty. I don’t mean that we need to be afraid with them but you are alone and they are three. They could do anything to you. And, I don’t think they will leave you alone after what you have done to them. So, next time, please don’t walk alone,” Taeyeon advised.

Yoona looked at Yuri to see what the reaction and response she would give after hearing Taeyeon’s advice. She knew Yuri quite well as they are very good friends since they were little. Yuri was very brave and active person and she was not someone who would ever show her weakness to the enemy. So, she was quite worried that Yuri would disagree with Taeyeon’s advice. She held Yuri’s left hand and said, “Yuri, please listen to Taeyeon, okay?”

“Okay, okay. I’ll stay by your side,” Yuri said to Yoona while grinning. Yoona felt a bit relief as Yuri agreed with it and then, she smiled back.

“Did Minho know about this?” Taeyeon asked.

“No,” Yuri replied while shaking her head. “I don’t want he knows about this.”

“Yuri, I know that you like Minho very much but please be careful next time. I don’t want you sacrifice yourself for him. Besides, we still don’t know if he likes you back. I’m worried that it will be very painful for you to let go of him one day in case he doesn’t like you. I don’t want to see you in pain and sadness,” Yoona said to Yuri while looking at her with a frown.

“Yes, Yoona is right. There is a noona who is very close to him. You remember right? I have told about her. I assume that Minho likes her,” Taeyeon added.

“Thanks a lot guys because of your concern about me. I’ll be careful and will control my feelings. I also don’t expect Minho will like me… ok, truthfully, a bit, he treated me really well that sometimes, I would think that he likes me and this thing really made me confused. Anyways, I promise that I’ll control my feelings,” Yuri said.

“Is you hand hurt really bad? How about the piano contest? The contest is just around the corner, right?”Jessica asked.

“Yes, my hand is still hurt but I think it will recover soon.”

“By the way, Yuri, did you hear anything about Fany?” Yoona asked. “I’m quite worried about her.”

“No. Actually, I also wanted to ask you about this. I can’t reach her.”

-------------

[At hospital, in front of Tiffany’s ward]

Hyunjoong was sitting on the chair while waiting for knowing Tiffany’s condition. He looked very worried. He pressed his elbows onto his knees while putting his both hands which were grasping each other, at his mouth. A few minutes later, there was a nurse exiting from Tiffany’s ward. Hyunjoong immediately stood up and walked towards her. “How about her condition?” Hyunjoong asked in a worried voice.

“We still don’t know yet. Doctor was still checking her,” the nurse replied. “Now, let’s go to the treatment room. We need to put medicine on your wound at your back.”

“I need to stay here. I want to know her condition first,” Hyunjoong refused.

“Don’t worry, she will be okay. Let’s go to treatment room,” the nurse asked Hyunjoong to go to the treatment room once again.

“No, I can’t! I can’t go anywhere before knowing her condition first!” Hyunjoong kept refusing.

“Ok, ok!” the nurse finally gave up. “But, as soon as you know her condition, please go quickly to the treatment room. Remember, please go quickly to treatment room! This is very important to prevent infection,” the nurse added.

-------------

[At Minho’s villa]

“You look well now,” Nickhun said to Minho after seeing him healthier than before they left him that morning.

“Yes, “Minho responded while smiling. “Where did you guys go? You guys are late about an hour. Yuri came to see me just now. I think if you guys went home earlier, I could introduce her to you.”

“We got a thing to settle,” Tacyeon replied and then, Nickhun and Taecyeon took off their dirty shirt. “Can you see what this is?” Taecyeon asked Minho while showing his shirt.

“Why? Anything happened to both of you?” Minho asked in worried voice.

“Not us but your fan,” Nickhun replied.

“Huh?! What do you mean?” Minho asked while frowning.

“The three stupid girls of your stupid fan club made a trouble again!” Nickhun said in high voice.

“They bothered one of my fans?” Minho asked.

“No, it is much worse! Because this fan is brave and truthfully, we quite admire her. She is totally different from all your fans before. She didn’t just listen to what Hyejin said and she argued with them. Hyejin got angry and she pushed her. Her hand got hurt. We thought she has been frightened with that but she really made us surprised with her unexpected action. Out of the blue, she punched her back,” Taecyeon explained the whole story in amazement.

“Oh, yes! She is amazing! It would be better if we can see her face when she bumped into us,” Nickhun added.

Minho didn’t give any response or reaction to the explanation that were given by Taecyeon and Nickhun. He bowed his head while frowning. He looked like was thinking about something. ‘Yuri’s hand also got hurt and she asked me about Hyejin and her two friends,’ he thought. “Who is that girl?” Minho suddenly asked.

“We don’t know. Actually, we didn’t see the incident. That girl bumped into us when running away from Jiyoung and Jieun but before we could see her face, she immediately ran away. We asked Jieun and Jiyoung about everything,” Nickhun explained.

“Maybe… it’s... Yuri?” Minho suggested.

“Yuri?!” Taecyeon and Nickhun asked at the same time in astonishment.

“Yes. There is a high possibility that girl is Yuri because when she visited me, her hand also got hurt and I bandaged it. Besides, she also asked me about Hyejin and her two friends.”

--------------

[At hospital]

Doctor exited from Tiffany’s ward. Hyunjoong immediately walked towards doctor. “Is she okay?”

“Don’t worry, she’s okay,” the doctor replied while smiling. “She fainted due to high fever. Now, her body’s temperature has decreased but she is still resting.”

Hyunjoong hove a relief sigh and then, he said, “Thank you very much, doctor.” Then, the doctor bowed a bit his body and walked away.

“Can you go to the treatment room, now?” the nurse asked. Hyunjoong nodded while smiling. Only now, he could leave that place with ease.

--------------

[At Soshi Girls’ villa]

Sunny and Yoona were doing preparation for dinner in the kitchen. They would follow a schedule that they have made. Every week, Taeyeon, Sunny, Yoona or Yuri would cook for their meal and of course Jessica didn’t include in this task. This week was Sunny’s turn but Yoona kindly lending her hand to Sunny.

“Now, it’s the time to show my skill!” Sunny said excitedly while stirring the soup which was boiling on the stove. The smell could be smelt throughout the kitchen.

Yoona who was standing a few inches besides Sunny while washing the cucumbers, suddenly asked, “Sunny, why did you always argue with Sungmin?”

Sunny turned her head towards Yoona and answered while frowning, “You know, he is so childish!”

“I think it same goes with you,” Yoona replied while smiling. She didn’t look at Sunny and just concentrated on washing cucumbers.

“What?!” Sunny asked in a shocked voice while raising her eyebrows.

Yoona just ignored Sunny and closed the pipe. She put the cucumbers which were in a basket on the side of sink and faced Sunny. She asked another question while smiling, “Do you maybe… like Sungmin?”

“I… I like him?!” Sunny asked in an unbelievable voice. Then, she laughed while holding her stomach. “Impossible! Even he is the last guy stays in this world, I rather to be alone for the rest of my life!” Sunny said confidently.

“Are you really okay if he dates anyone? Or maybe Hara, Seungyeon or Gyuri will steal him…” Yoona said.

Sunny quickly interrupted, “I don’t care! He can date any girl that he wants! I won’t mind at all!”

“Really? We’ll see if you are really okay when knowing he’s dating someone,” Yoona mumbled.

“What did you say?” Sunny asked.

“Nothing,” Yoona replied while shaking her head.

“Hey! What are you guys cooking? Smell good!” Jessica who just entered the kitchen and she was standing between Sunny and Yoona, said while putting her right elbow on Yoona’s shoulder and her left elbow was on Sunny’s shoulder.

“Oh!” Sunny exclaimed while putting Jessica’s elbow away from her shoulder. “What are you doing here?! Get out from the kitchen! I’m afraid my food will become a poison!”

“What the…” Jessica responded angrily while staring at Sunny. She crossed her hands and pouted her lips.

“Aigooo ~ ,” Sunny said while wrapping her right hand around Jessica’s neck. “I’m just kidding!” Sunny exclaimed while pinching Jessica’s cheek hardly.

“Ah! Ah! Ah!” Jessica exclaimed her pain while trying to put Sunny’s hand which was pinching her cheek away. “It hurts!” she added angrily while tapping Sunny’s arm. Sunny just laughed looking at Jessica’s reaction.

“Sica, do you want to try this?” Yoona asked while showing Jessica a basket of cucumbers.

“What is that?” Jessica asked back and then, she turned her head to the thing that was shown by Yoona. “Arghh!!” she shouted as soon as she confirmed that it was the thing that she hated the most. “It’s CUCUMBER!!! I hate it! Yoona, put it away from me! Only its smell can make me feel dizzy!” Jessica said in high voice. “Oh! I start to feel dizzy!” she added while pinching her nose. “Don’t tell me… you plan to put it in that soup?!”

“Why not?” Sunny asked. “I think it’ll be tastier!” she teased Jessica.

“I’m not going to eat it! I’m not going to eat it!” Jessica kept repeating that sentence while getting out from the kitchen. Sunny and Yoona were just laughing.

Meanwhile in the living room, Taeyeon was reading a book. Not too long after, Yuri came and sat beside her. “Taeyeon, I want to ask something,” Yuri started the conversation as soon as she sat on the sofa. Taeyeon put the book on the table and she faced Yuri, meant that she was ready to give all the ears to what Yuri was going to say. “It concern about that noona.”

“That noona? Did you mean the noona that is very close to Minho?” Taeyeon asked. Yuri nodded as the ‘yes’ answer. “Her name is Victoria. What do you want to know about Victoria unnie?”

“Are you sure that Minho likes her?” Yuri asked.

“Actually, I have known her as long as Minho knew her and I think it has been 12 years. She is older than us about 5 years. We have known each other for a long time but I don’t know why we can’t get along well. It’s not that she is arrogant but it’s really hard to explain actually. If I met Victoria unnie, we just could greet each other and the atmosphere would be very awkward if we are alone. Sometimes, it makes me wonder how Minho can be close to her. That’s why, I guess Minho likes her,” Taeyeon explained fully.

Yuri nodded for a few times. Although she tried to hide her sad, Taeyeon still could see it. “Anyway, don’t be too sad. My guess may be wrong,” Taeyeon said after seeing Yuri’s expression. Yuri gave a force smile as a response. “Truthfully, you are much better than Victoria noona. At first, our relationship is also not good, right? And, it’s all because of your relationship with Donghae. After knowing everything is just a fake, now, we get along well together, right? I’m very comfortable with you and I like being friend with you.”

“Really?”

“I not said that because I want to make you feel better but it’s the truth. Besides, instead of Victoria unnie, I want you to be part of my family. So, don’t worry too much, okay? You’ll be the one who can capture Minho’s heart!”

Yuri gave a wide smile while saying, “Thank you so much!” Taeyeon replied back Yuri with a smile.

-----------

[At hospital, Tiffany’s ward]

Hyunjoong entered the ward. He wasn’t wearing any shirt as his shirt which was defiled by blood from the scratched on his back, was being dried. On his back, there was a few handy plus which were stuck on the scratched part. He approached Tiffany and sat on the chair which was located beside Tiffany’s bed. He took Tiffany’s right hand and grasped her hand tightly while staring at Tiffany. “I’m sorry. This is my entire fault. I should have let you go earlier. I’m really sorry.”

Then, a nurse entered and she checked Tiffany’s condition briefly. “Don’t wake her up. She need to rest a lot,” the nurse said to Hyunjoong.

“Of course I won’t wake her up,” Hyunjoong replied while nodding.”Is she really okay?”

“She still got a bit fever, but don’t worry it’s not hot. She just needs enough rest to recover fast,” the nurse answered. “Don’t you feel cold? Why not you come home for a while to take any shirt?” she asked Hyunjoong.

“It’s okay. I can bear with it,” Hyunjoong responded. “I can’t leave her,” Hyunjoong added while looking at Tiffany who was sleeping soundly on the bed.

-------------

[At Soshi Girls’ villa]

“Dinner is ready!” Sunny who was in the kitchen, informed to Yuri, Taeyeon and Jessica. She together with Yoona finished preparing the dinner. After hearing to what Sunny said, Taeyeon, Yuri and Jessica headed to the kitchen. Jessica and Taeyeon sat on left and right Sunny who was ready to eat. Yuri sat beside Yoona who was sitting in front of Sunny.

Jessica immediately took a spoon as she planned to try the soup that was made by Sunny. Suddenly, before the spoon touched the soup, she stopped and asked, “Did you put the cucumbers?”

“Of course I put it! I have said before, right? It’ll be tastier!” Sunny replied while looking at Jessica.

Jessica put back the spoon on the table angrily. She said, “What I am going to eat?!” She pouted her lips.

“Sica! Don’t worry, I made a special one for you!” Sunny got up from her seat and headed to stove. Jessica looked at Sunny in astonishment while frowning. Not too long after, Sunny came back with a bowl of soup that she made for Jessica. “Here! This is not contained cucumbers. I swear!” Sunny said while giving it to Jessica.

Jessica suddenly got up and asked with happy expression on her face, “Really?! Wow, I’m so touched!” Then, she held Sunny’s face and kissed her cheek.

“Ok, ok! Enough!” Sunny replied while covering her cheek from being kissed by Jessica.

Meanwhile, Yuri tried to hold the spoon with her hurt hand but she seemed couldn’t do it. Her hand still felt painful. So, she used her left hand but it’s kind of hard since she was right-handed. She couldn’t feed herself well.

Yoona who realized about Yuri, looked at her and said, “Aigoo ~ , our Yul doesn’t know how to eat now!” Yuri just gave a force smile while raising one of her eyebrows. “Let me feed you!” Yoona offered and then, she moved her chair approaching Yuri.

“Thanks, my friend!” Yuri exclaimed while grinning.

--------------

[The next day]

[At hospital, Tiffany’s ward]

Tiffany slowly opened her heavy eyes. She just woke up from sleep since yesterday. She still felt a bit dizzy. She looked at surrounding in astonishment. ‘Where am I?’ she thought. Then, she realized about the presence of nurse who was looking briefly at Tiffany’s health report.

The nurse looked at Tiffany and asked while smiling, “You have woken up?” Then, she approached Tiffany.

“Where am I? What happened to me?” Tiffany asked the nurse while frowning. She still held her head as she felt quite dizzy.

“You are in hospital right now. You have fainted due to high fever. Yesterday, your boyfriend sent you here,” the nurse answered. “It’s a common that you would feel dizzy after fainting,” the nurse added as she assumed that Tiffany felt dizzy after looking at Tiffany’s expression.

“My boyfriend?!” Tiffany asked in a shocked voice but the shock in her voice couldn’t hear clearly as she was still weak. “What is his name?”

“Em… I think his name is Hyunjoong, Kim Hyunjoong. Why? He is not your boyfriend?” the nurse asked. Tiffany just responded with a frown on her face. “I assumed that he is your boyfriend according to the way he acted. In order to send you to hospital, he ran while lifting you. He looked very worried. I asked him to go to the treatment room as he hurt his back but he insisted to stay until knowing your condition. Besides, I think he stayed up all night in order to look after you because every time I came to see your condition, he never slept.”

Tiffany looked a bit guilty. She didn’t know why Hyunjoong treated her differently. Her feeling was mixed up. She really didn’t know how to respond to this situation. After a few seconds later, she asked, “Where is him?”

“I think he went to the washroom to take his shirt. I’ll tell him that you are looking for him.”