Chapter 26

The Magicians of Love

Yuri bowed her head and her eyebrows were meeting as she was thinking. The way the unknown girl called her was very familiar. She hadn’t heard someone called her like that for a long time. She really missed it. She knew that there was only one person that called like that… and the person is no other but… Stephanie! After thinking, Yuri immediately lifted her head upwards. “STEPHANIE?!!!” she exclaimed happily while pointing towards Tiffany.

Now, you remember me?!” Tiffany asked in higher voice while making an angry face.

“Oh ~ , I’m sorry,” Yuri apologized while making a puppy face. Then, she quickly hugged Tiffany tightly.

Tiffany couldn’t help and smiled widely. “Y… Yu… Yuri… I… I… I can’t bre… breathe!” Tiffany stuttered while breathing hardly as Yuri hugged her very tight.

Yuri quickly let go of Tiffany. “I’m sorry!” Yuri apologized while tapping Tiffany back who was coughing as soon as Yuri let her go. As her cough stopped, she looked at Yuri while heaving a deep sigh and then she smiled back. “Do you want to meet Yoona?” Yuri asked while raising her eyebrows.

Oh, yes! Is she inside?” Tiffany asked while pointing towards Yoona’s ward.

“Yes, let’s get in!” Yuri exclaimed while pulling Tiffany’s hand. They both entered Yoona’s ward.

[In Yoona’s ward]

Yoona was still sleeping and then Soshi Girls realized about Yuri’s presence with someone else. “Eh, Tiffany! What are you doing here?” Jessica asked in a shocked voice.

“Jessica, she is not Tiffany,” Yuri said. “She is Stephanie!” she said in higher and happy voice.

“No, Yuri. She is Tiffany,” Sunny said while looking at Yuri. Then, she turned her head towards Tiffany and said, “Right? You told us that is your name.” Yuri starred at Tiffany while frowning. She didn’t understand what had happened. She wanted Tiffany gave an explanation for the misunderstanding. Soshi Girls also looked at Tiffany in astonishment.

Ok,ok! I will explain. Actually, I’m both Tiffany and Stephanie!” Tiffany said.

“WHAT?!” Soshi Girls and Yuri asked in a shocked voice. Tiffany’s explanation made them more clueless.

“My full name is Stephanie Hwang Miyoung. Tiffany is my nickname,” Tiffany explained.

Yuri hove a relief sigh and then she turned her head towards Tiffany, “I thought you are lying to me…”

What?!” Tiffany interrupted in high voice. “You still don’t believe that I’m your childhood friend?!” Tiffany asked while starring at Yuri with serious expression on her face. Then, she took Yuri’s hand which had the wooden ring. “Can you see this?! It’s the same, right?! We both made it before we separated!” Tiiffany said while pointing to the wooden ring that she herself wore and Yuri wore.

“No, no, no!” Yuri immediately denied while putting her hands on Tiffany’s shoulder. “It’s just that your name created a misunderstanding,” Yuri explained while smiling.

“So, you are Stephanie?!” Sunny asked in a shocked voice. “So unbelievable!” Sunny exclaimed in amazement.

“You two had been near with each other for a long time, right? Yuri and Yoona also live at our villa. But, you never meet each other,” Taeyeon said.

“Yes… I also had been at Soshi Girls before,” Tiffany agreed with Taeyeon.

“What are you doing there?” Yuri asked.

“Actually, all this time I live at Los Angeles. I came to Korea as I want to do my mission,” Tiffany said.

“What is that mission?!” Yuri asked.

“Em…” Tiffany didn’t know what to say and then, she looked at Jessica.

“It’s okay if Yuri also wants to know. Besides, Taeyeon, Sunny including Yoona already knew about that. I’m just begging you guys to never let Super Boys find out about this, okay?” Jessica said.

“Huh?! What are you guys talking about?!” Yuri said while frowning. Tiffany told her the whole story. “So, you like Onew?!” Yuri asked Jessica in a shocked voice.

“Y..Y..Yes,” Jessica admitted bashfully while nodding. Her cheek turned red as she was very embarrassed.

“Why you guys don’t get together?” Yuri asked while looking at Jessica.

“I… I… can’t. My boyfriend is too kind. I don’t have any courage to hurt him,” Jessica explained.

“We also have advised her but look, she just gave us the same reason,” Sunny said lazily.

“Jessica, listen here. Don’t you think your boyfriend would be more disappointed if he knows that you are with him only because of sympathy?” Yuri asked.

“He would never be disappointed if there is no one tells him about it, right?” Jessica just answered Yuri’s question as logic as she could think.

“But, you may hurt him without realizing about it! You think you’ve never hurt him... but who knows? You can’t read his feelings. Maybe he was already hurt by your action and the most hurtful thing for him, knowing that you like Onew, but he just keeps it in himself. Besides, how long you think this thing would last? You just keep hurting not one person but three persons… Onew, your boyfriend and the most important… yourself,” Yuri kept giving Jessica advice to make her understand that love can’t be force.

“Oh, Yuri! You are right! How can we never thought about that to advise Jessica?!” Sunny exclaimed while clapping her hands excitedly.

“I… I… think I’ll love him soon,” Jessica stuttered. She couldn’t deny what Yuri said was right. Then, she immediately changed their topic. “Tiffany, how did you come here?” she asked Tiffany.

“I come with Super Boys. They looked for me at my school,” Tiffany explained.

“Oh, that’s their mission!” Taeyeon exclaimed while looking at Jessica and Sunny.

“Oh, yes! Why did they need to hide it from us?!” Sunny muttered.

“It’s okay. Anyways, they brought us good news!” Jessica said in happy voice.

Tiffany turned her head towards Yuri, “Actually I have looked for Yoona and you at our old neighbor and I asked around about you guys. They said you have moved and they didn’t know where was Yoona been. Yoona just disappeared like that.”

“Yes, I moved but Yoona…” Yuri couldn’t finish her words as suddenly she broke into tears.

Yuri, what’s wrong?!” Tiffany asked in worried voice.

Yuri hove a deep sigh and she explained about Yoona, “Just a few days after we separated, Yoona’s family involved in an accident. All her family were dead. Then, she was sent to an orphanage. She grew up at the orphanage.”

“Oh… I never thought that Yoona would grow up in such suffering life,” Tiffany said while looking at Yoona who was sleeping on the bed soundly. She was very sad for Yoona.

---------------

[In Doctor’s room]

“Yoona’s condition is getting better. Her body shows a positive change, means her body are receiving that heart well,” doctor said.

“Oh,really?!” Donghae asked in happy voice. Then, he hove a relief sigh. “Thanks, doctor.”

“No, it’s okay. It’s my duty,” doctor replied while smiling. “I think tomorrow, she can be discharged.”

Donghae smile and said, “Doctor, can I meet the donor’s family? I want to say thanks.”

Doctor wrote the donor’s family’s address on a piece of paper and then he gave it to Donghae.

Donghae took it and uttered his thanks.

-------------------

[In Yoona’s ward]

Super Boys entered Yoona’s ward. “Sungmin, what happened to you face?!” Jessica asked while laughing. Then, everyone except Yoona who was sleeping was laughing at Sungmin.

“Em… aish…” Sungmin exclaimed his pain while touching his swollen cheek softly. “During my way to find Tiffany in her school, I collided the iron gate,” Sungmin explained. Out of them, Sunny who was laughing the most while holding her belly. Sungmin was starring at Sunny with angry face. He wanted to shout at her but he was holding his anger as Yoona was sleeping.

Because of Sunny’s loud laughter, Yuri admonished her, “Sunny! Yoona is sleeping!”

“Oh… I… I’m sorry,” Sunny apologized while heaving a few deeps breath, trying to get hold of her laughter.

“Sunny, go get a medicine for Sungmin!” Taeyeon said while looking at Sunny.

“HUH?!” Sunny immediately turned her head towards Taeyeon as soon as she heard what Taeyeon said and her eyes went bigger. “W… Why me?!!!” Sunny stuttered. She couldn’t believe that she need to do that for Sungmin.

“Em… Taeyeon, it’s okay,” Sungmin interrupted.

“How can that be okay?! You cheek was swollen like that! It will get worse!” Jessica advised Sungmin. Then, Jessica turned her head towards Sunny. “Sunny, just go get it!”Jessica said while forcing Sunny to stand up.

Sunny didn’t have other choice except standing up. “Why should I do this?!” Sunny muttered while stomping angrily in a cute way.

“Stop doing you cuteness! Just go!” Jessica said while pushing Sunny. Because of that, Sunny moved a few steps from her position. Then, she walked out from Yoona’s ward angrily.

A few minutes later, Sunny entered back while bringing along a medicine in her hand. She walked towards Sungmin. She grabbed his hand and put the medicine on his hand. “Take this!” she gave to him harshly. Then, she quickly sat again beside Jessica.

“Sunny! Help him putting the medicine on his face!” Taeyeon said to Sunny in higher voice.

“Huh?!” Sunny asked in a shocked voice and her jaw was dropping. “No! I already take the medicine for him! He can do it by himself!”

“T… Taeyeon, I c… can… do it by myself,” Sungmin interrupted.

“How can he do that by himself? He can’t see where the swollen is,” Jessica said.

“No, I don’t want to!” Sunny said in angry voice while pouting her lips cutely. Taeyeon and Jessica glared at Sunny. “O… Ok!” Sunny replied in frightened voice. Then, she stood up from her seat and walked towards Sungmin. “Let’s go outside… it’s easier to do if you and I are seating,” Sunny said while pulling Sungmin exited from Yoona’s ward. Sunny said like that as there was only a seat left in the ward which was sat by Sunny just now.

[Outside of Yoona’s ward]

Sunny and Sungmin were sitting on the chair while facing each other. Sunny opened the cover of the medicine and then, she put the medicine on the part of the swollen. “OUCH!!! It hurts!” Sungmin exclaimed his pain while putting away Sunny’s hand harshly.

Sunny starred at Sungmin with an angry expression on her face. “YAH! Just bear with it! Are you a man?! If so, just prove that you are man!” Sunny replied in higher voice.

“WHAT?!” Sungmin asked in an unbelievable voice. “Do you think the men feel pain less than the girls feel?! Besides, you are very harsh! Please be gentle! Are you a girl?! Your hand is like a man!” Sungmin replied while shaking his head. He was trying to jeer at Sunny.

“AISH!!!” Sunny said while biting her lower lips. “YES! I’m not gentle! I’m not a girl! We have exchanged !” Sunny replied in higher voice. Then, she just was going to put the medicine on the swollen part but got stopped by Sungmin. “Why?!” Sunny asked in angry voice.

“P… Please do it softly,” Sungmin said in begging voice while raising his eyebrows.

“Okay, okay! I know!” Sunny exclaimed. Then, Sunny put the medicine on the swollen part with her left hand while her right hand was holding Sungmin’s chin as she didn’t want Sungmin moved his face.

Sunny was concentrating on putting medicine on Sungmin’s face but Sungmin who couldn’t do nothing including turned his head at other direction, was starring at Sunny. This was the first time he could see her face this close. Then, Sunny realized Sungmin was starring at her and she also was looking at him back. They both looked into each other’s eyes. At the same time, their hearts were beating faster.

[In Yoona’s ward]

“I think we should go now. The visiting time will end soon,” Onew said after looking at his watch.

“Oh, yeah, it’s already 7 o’clock. Yuri, let’s go! Go home with us!” Jessica said to Yuri.

Yuri looked like hesitated. “Yuri, let’s go home with us. You have to take a rest. You had looked after Yoona since yesterday,” Taeyeon added.

“Don’t worry! Tonight, it’s my turn!” Tiffany exclaimed while putting her hand onto Yuri’s shoulder. “I will spend the night here. Besides, I still don’t have a chance to talk with Yoona.”

“Oh… ok!” Yuri exclaimed while smiling widely.

Donghae walked towards Yoona’s bed. He looked at Yoona while her hair. Then, he kissed her forehead. “Let’s go!” Donghae said to Onew and Wooyoung. Then, they exited from Yoona’s ward.

“Yuri, we’ll wait outside,” Taeyeon said while looking at Yuri.

“Okay,” Yuri replied while nodding. Taeyeon and Jessica followed Donghae, Onew and Wooyoung exiting from Yoona’s ward.

After seeing everyone exited, Yuri approached Tiffany and held Tiffany’s hand. Tiffany turned her head towards Yuri and she starred at Yuri while raising her eyebrows as a sign of asking why. “This is really you? And I’m not dreaming, right?” Yuri asked Tiffany.

Tiffany smiled and she replied, “Of course this is me! I’m Stephanie! And, this is reality!” she exclaimed. “It hurts, right?!” Tiffany asked while pinching Yuri’s cheek softly. Yuri nodded. “Why did you always ask about this? I thought you have believed it,” Tiffany said while frowning.

“No, no, I believe it! It’s just that… the possibility that I can meet you is lower than the possibility I can meet Yoona as you are staying at the foreign country,” Yuri explained.

“Oh… it doesn’t matter! The most important… I’m here!” Tiffany exclaimed and then, she hugged Yuri.

[Outside Yoona’s ward]

Sungmin and Sunny still looked into each other’s eyes. Sungmin slowly drew his face towards Sunny. Sunny didn’t give any refusing expression and she was just waiting for Sungmin. As time went by, the distance of their face was getting shorter. Until the distance of their face was 1 inch, Wooyoung, Onew, Donghae, Taeyeon and Jessica appeared.

“Hey, what are you guys doing?!” Donghae said after he looked at Sungmin and Sunny.

Sungmin and Sunny were very startled of what Donghae said. Their eyes went bigger. Then, they quickly stood up from their seat. Sunny immediately walked towards Jessica and Taeyeon. Jessica and Taeyeon just looked at Sunny while raising eyebrows and smiled.

“Oh… we thought you guys were arguing…” Onew said. “But you guys actually…” Onew added but he stopped as he didn’t know what suitable word to explain Sungmin and Sunny’s condition just now and he could just smile.

“We didn’t know that in order to put the medicine on someone’s face, we need to face each other this close!” Wooyoung teased Sungmin and Sunny. “Wow, thanks for teaching us the new method!” Wooyoung said while clapping his hands proudly. Everyone was laughing except for Sungmin and Sunny who were bowing their head as they were embarrassed for what they had done. Their cheek turned red.

--------------

[The next day]

[At Yoona’s ward]

Tiffany was sleeping soundly while lying down on the sofa. There was a blanket was covering Tiffany’s whole body except for her feet. Meanwhile, Yoona who was sleeping on the bed, was opening her eyes. She just woke up. She had got more than enough time sleep. She was very happy as she felt like her mind was empty from problem.

Yoona looked around. She spotted there was someone was sleeping on sofa. “Yuri is sleeping…” Yoona said and she thought Tiffany as Yuri. “How can she sleep like that?” Yoona said while smiling as she found how Tiffany slept was funny, Tiffany’s whole body was covered by blanket including her face but somehow her feet still could be seen.

Yoona felt very thirsty as she had slept for more than 12 hours. The glass was on the table and the distance from her was kind of far. She tried to reach her hand to take the glass. She managed to touch it but because of it’s kind of far from her, she dropped the glass on the floor.

She just wanted to take the glass on the floor but there was someone who took it for her first. Yoona still couldn’t see the face of the person who took it but she thought it was Yuri as the sound that was made when the glass fell maybe woke Yuri up. “Oh… Yuri, I’m sorry for waking you up,” Yoona apologized while lifting her head up. Her eyes went bigger as she saw the person was not Yuri. “A… Auntie?” Yoona stuttered.

“Yes,” Donghae’s mom replied while smiling. She helped Yoona stood up. “Are you okay?” she asked Yoona.

“E…e…m… Yes,” Yoona answered while nodding. She was very nervous when facing Donghae’s mom. She still remembered their last meeting before. It was not good meeting for them.

“Can we have a talk?” Donghae’s mom asked.

“O… Ok,” Yoona replied.

--------------

[Outside hospital, at mini park of the hospital area]

Yoona and Donghae’s mom were walking slowly while having a conversation. “How about your condition now?” Donghae’s mom asked.

“I’m okay. My condition is getting better,” Yoona replied while looking at Donghae’s mom. “Em… why did suddenly auntie treat me kindly? I asked this not to be rude… I just wonder.”

“Has Yuri told you everything about the truth?”

“Yes, she has told me.”

“I want to apologize for misunderstanding you. I thought you are just the same girl who is only love Donghae for the wealth. Before this, there were too many girls who want him for the wealth only. That’s why he doesn’t believe any girl who wants to be his girlfriend. I don’t want him to be hurt, so I look for a good girl for him by myself. I decided to make a wedding arrangement with Kwon family which the girl is Yuri. Nevertheless, Donghae told me that he already have you. I asked him to break up with you. I don’t understand why he is still believe you and willing to argue with me because of you. I thought he already regretted and didn’t want to do the same thing that made him hurt before. He said you are different with other girl that he knows. Then, I investigated your background and I asked Yuri to pretend as Donghae’s fiancée… And, I knew that I was completely wrong about you. So, auntie is really sorry for what auntie had done,” Donghae’s mom explained the whole story.

“Auntie, it’s okay. I understand… auntie did this because auntie loves Donghae,” Yoona replied while smiling.

“Thanks for understanding me. You really have a kind heart.”

Yoona just replied with a smile. Then, she asked, “Auntie, did you still not bless my relationship with Donghae?”

Donghae’s mom shook her head and said, “Now, I understand why Donghae said you are different from other girls. And, I think you are the most suitable girl for him and I can’t find a reason why I shouldn’t give bless for you relationship,” she added while smiling.

“Thank you, auntie. Thank you so much,” Yoona replied while kept bowing for a few times. Her voice sounded very happy and at the same she felt like wanted crying as she was very happy. Donghae’s mom stopped Yoona from kept bowing and then, she hugged Yoona. They both smiled widely.

---------------

[In Yoona’s ward]

Yoona was entering her ward. Then, she closed the door. She looked again at the person which she thought that person was Yuri. Anyways, this time she could see her face as the blanket didn’t cover Tiffany’s face anymore.

“Oh! She is not Yuri!” Yoona exclaimed in a shocked voice while starring at Tiffany. She came closer to Tiffany and then, she bestrode beside Tiffany while facing Tiffany. “Who is she?” Yoona asked herself in astonishment while starring at Tiffany’s face. As her curiosity increased, she tried to wake Tiffany up by shaking her right hand, “Miss, miss!”

Anyways, Tiffany still didn’t wake up but because of the shake by Yoona, Tiffany’s right hand position moved and her right hand was uncovered from the blanket. Yoona looked at her hand and she saw the wooden ring. Her eyes went bigger. She really didn’t expect it.