Jealousy at a Higher Level

All My Heart~

When I got home, I studied and did my homeworks. Grandma enters my room with a tray in her hands.

“Hyukjae. I’ve brought you some snacks.” She puts it beside my table. “Grandma…how many times do I have to tell you never to call me by that name!” I grunt.

“You reckless child! It’s your real name. Anyway, you eat first.” She says.                                     

“Thank you grandma. Sorry if I haven’t joined you and grandpa for dinner.”

“I understand, child. Believe me, studying at our time is far harder than yours now.”

She walks slowly towards the door. “Just study hard.” Then leaves.

I grew up with them. They are the best grandparents a child could ever have. They’re even better than my parents. My mom and dad are still alive, but I consider them dead for leaving me for their career.

 

The next morning, the first thing I saw was Lee Donghae.

He was sleeping on his table. Deeply.

I went to my chair and sat down. I shrug him. “Hey, Lee Donghae…”. No reaction.

“Lee Donghae…”. I called him again.

He moans.

‘Uhhhm…’

My hand was still resting on his shoulder. While I was about to pull it away, he grabs it hard. Startled, I said quickly. “Lee Donghae!”

He let goes then opens his eyes.

He blinks thrice and asks..

“Hyung…what time is it..”

I look at my clock then answered. “7:15. I’m sorry. I did not mean to wake you up.”

“It’s okay. No biggie.”

“Why are you here so early?”

“The hotel I checked into kicked me out. Said there was another person who checked in.”

“What time did they kick you out?” he faces me.

“4 am.”

“What?! That early?! Then where did you go?!”

He smirks. “Why, are you concerned?” leans over very closely again.

“Ah – “ I trail off, blushing hard.

“I went to the park..then waited for the gates to open at 6. When they did, I slept.”

“Oh. I see.” I turn my attention to Sungmin,  who was body tied with Kyu. They were reading a book, almost crashing into each other’s bodies.

“Sungmin hyung! Can you accompany me to the Girls’ building?” I ask.

“Ah…Sorry. I’m busy. Besides, Jessica’s there!” Kyuhyun grunts at the name Jessica.

“Okay.”  I replied.

Jessica Jung is Sungmin’s ex-girlfriend. They were madly in love for two years, when Jessica got tired of Sungmin’s attitude. Sungmin was so brokenhearted that he almost committed suicide. She is also Shimako’s best girl friend.

“Hey, Eunhyuk hyung. I can accompany you if you want.” He offered kindly.

“Really? Then let’s go.” I stand up and he followed.

He was excited to see another side of this school. He was greatly amazed that a bridge was connecting the two buildings.

When we reached by the end, he stops and admires a door.

“Wow. I can’t believe it’s so small.” He says, disappointed.

“Lee Donghae.”

“How can the girls fit in here?”

“Lee Donghae!”

“Don’t you think some renovations would be – “

“That’s the ladies’ bathroom, Lee Donghae.”

“Oh! Ow! Hahaha! That was embarrassing.” He says,  with red filling in his face.

“I’m glad you know. Now, let’s move on.”

When we reached Shimako’s classroom, I spot her playing with Jessica. Then she sees me and excuses herself. She runs to me, hugs and kisses me.

Donghae was smiling silently beside me.

“Hey oppa. Tomorrow’s the – “ she trails unfinished, noticing the motionless Donghae beside me.

“Oh. You have a companion.”

“Oh, Shima-san (Japanese respectful phrase/ equivalent to ‘nim’ or ‘ssi’ in Korean) this is Lee – “ I tried

to introduce them.

“Yeah, yeah I know him! LEE DONGHAE!” she squeals. “Omo! You are so handsome!”

Donghae smiles widely. What the heck.

Shimako kept on staring at his face, deeply awed by his beautiful face. I can’t blame her. But…

HAHA. Why the should I be jealous of Lee Donghae.

I was patiently waiting for them to finish their stupid conversation  like an idiot.

“Shimako…I think hyung is –“ Donghae glances at me, sensing my irritated expression.

“Ah. Don’t mind him~” unbelievably, she shooes me away.

This is going too much. Lee Donghae, let’s see how strong you are.

So, here’s the plan.

I started to walk towards the end of the corridor, and they follow me unknowingly.

We pass by all the girls’ classroom. And the plan actually worked.

Most of the girls went out of their classrooms, to see Donghae. They were spazzing all the way at him.

A few seconds later, the girls were crowding behind us. The two don’t know about it yet. Then when one of the girls yelled, “IT’S LEE DONGHAEEEEEEEE!” they both turned around and were surprised.

I grabbed Shimako’s hand to save her from the riot that’s about to happen.

Donghae, being so friendly and everything, he smiles and says,” Oh! Hey there, ladies!”

The girls scream out and the smiley face of Donghae turns into a worried+surprised one.

When Shimako and I were almost far from the crowd, she was laughing out loud.

I was catching my breath when she says, “Oppa, you’re so crazy!”

“Oh…rea-hee-lly?” I ask, panting.

“You were jealous, weren’t you?”

“Whuuut? I am not!” I feel the heat in my face.

“I know you so well. Don’t deny it” she catches me.

“Cause you were so damned stunned by him!” I blurt out, finally giving in.

She laughed again, very amused by my jealousy.

“Actually, I’m not the one that’s so damned stunned by him, it’s Sica.” She says.

“Oh really now…looks like she found someone better than Sungmin,” I said.

“No, I don’t think so. She’s jusy attracted to him…Sungmin oppa’s still better. I don’t know with that girl’s head, why she broke up with him with no valid reason at all.” She scoffs.

“Anyway, Eunhyuk oppa. Later in the afternoon is the announcement of the finalists…would you be there? I need someone to comfort me…” she says quietly.

“For what? Comfort you for what? I’msure you’ll get in. they’ll be insane if they don’t accept you…”

“Thanks. Well, we better get going…” She says, grabbing my hand towards the building.

When I enter the classroom, I see my classmates crowding in my chair. No…Donghae’s chair.

I began to feel nervous. Is Donghae hurt? If he is, it’s all my fault!