Expect the Unexpected

All My Heart~

 

During lunch time, we experienced hell.

Girls here, girls there, girls everywhere! And it’s all because of this weird kid, Lee Donghae. What kind of guy wouldn’t like getting surrounded by ladies? But he is frustrated. Every smile a girl throws at him, he returns it with a frown. It seems that he does not enjoy the company of femininity.

We sit down on our usual hangout place, the middle table. If forgot to tell you, we are the most famous group in the whole academy. It is all because of Lee Sungmin, my best friend. But of course, we also contribute to the group’s fame.

He is very popular with everyone. Girls, boys, teachers, the administrators even the maintenance council! They all fall for his smile and fragile image.

“Hey guys. What do you think of that new student?” Shindong asks. “Why don’t you ask his new bff?” Junsu shoots a glare at me. I ignore it.  There’s no point. “Looks like somebody’s jealous..” Shindong teases him. Junsu just grimace him.“He seems to be isolated in this world.” Ryeowook replies. “My girls…” Sungmin heads down the table. “Hyung, what’s the problem?” I ask. “He took them all.” He replies sadly. “I need Kyuhyun.” A moment passes. “Speaking of Kyuhyun…” Shindong teases. Kyuhyun goes to our table, confident for Sungmin. He places his head on top of Sungmin, who had kept his head down. He hugs him tight. “I’m here, baby.” He whispers lowly. “Oh Kyuhyun!” He tilts his head to reach Kyuhyun’s lips. They kissed for a few seconds. We all look away. It’s not a really a good sight to see boys kissing. “Hey guys, stop that.” Junsu says, not bearing the view anymore.

Then Donghae goes near me. “Hyuuuuuung!” he beams. I look up, as if it was the first time I saw him. “Oh, yes?” I answered. “Can I join you here? All tables are full.” He pleads. I look to my friends, asking their opinions without saying a word. Their eyes agree, except Sungmin and Kyuhyun. I move to my side, giving him a seat. “Gee, thanks!” he sits.

It was awkward. *Cricket noises*

The bell rang finally and we all get back to our classrooms.

After the long day, we started to head home. When Donghae catches me. “You guys don’t mind if I bring Eunhyuk hyung with me, right?” Donghae blows. “What?” I ask. My friends are speechless. “Whatever.” Junsu says stiffly then walks faster, leaving the group. I follow Junsu with my eyes. What’s his problem now?

“Well?” Donghae was still waiting for our answer. “Well, silence means yes, isn’t that right?” he smiles then drags me by hand. We run towards the exit of the school, still hand –tied.

He brings me into the plaza, where a commercial place was built.

“Uhm...” he looks around. “Where is the bookstore here I found yesterday…” he murmurs.

“Uhh..Lee Donghae…you can let go of my hand now…” I whisper hesitantly.

“Oh sorry hyung.” He says effortlessly.

“Bookstore..? It’s over there.” I point somewhere.

“Yes…still incomplete with some supplies…” he reply.

He followed me towards the building and we entered.

His eyes went wide. He looks around the store like he’s never seen any bookstore before.

“Wow…amaziiiiiiing….” He spazzes around.

“Hey. Is this your first time to see a bookstore?” I ask suspiciously.

“No…but this store is different from those that we had in Texas…this is much bigger…spacious and vibrant…” he says with awe.

After that, he goes up the second floor to find specialty papers. I said I’ll just wait for him downstairs.

When he was finished, he paid for it and asked me if I wanted a treat. I agreed, obeying my empty stomach.

We sat down on a two-chaired table, in a seafood restaurant.

[easy convo again]

Donghae:: Hey hyung…do you have a girlfriend?

Me: Yes.

Donghae: Why don’t I see her? She studies in our school, right?

Me: Yes. It’s just your first day, Lee Donghae. And she’s in the other side of the building. Girls and boys are separated, didn’t you know?

Donghae: Oh…are you guys in a fight?

Me: What? No…what makes you think that?

Donghae: Because you don’t call her…aren’t boyfriends and girlfriends like that? They always call each other.

I laugh out loud at his answer. He is so innocent!

Me: Hahahaha. No…sometimes, yes, they call each other. But sometimes also, they both need space.

Donghae: Oh.. HAHAHAHA. I watch too many dramas. >.<

He laughs at himself.

Me: Well, it’s getting late. Are you going home?

Donghae: Oh no, I stay in a hotel.

Me: What?! You mean you –

Donghae: Hey…don’t tell this to anyone…

He leans closer to me.

Donghae: I ran away from home.

Me: WHAAAAT?! YOU RAN AWAY –

Donghae: SSSH!

Me: But why?

I was whispering now, affected by his sssh-ing.

Donghae: It’s a long story. I’ll tell you later.

Me: Well..Do you wanna stay at my house for tonight?

Donghae: Nah, it’s okay.

Me: Well..it’s getting late…

I stand up.

Donghae: Wait.

He grabs my hand.

A shock hits my fingers. His hands are very hot. Like he has a fever. I don’t know, but I think I blushed.

He stands up and goes to my side.

Donghae: Thank you.

Then he hugs me! I blush harder.

Donghae: Lee Eunhyuk…I can feel good vibrations from you.Your aura is very strong and your spirit is very warm.

What the was that?

Me: What the –

Before I could answer, he says quickly.

Donghae: I hope I can be your friend.

Me: Geez, Lee Donghae. You already are.

His eyes widened. His eyes become watery.

Donghae: Thanks thanks thanks! I’ll go home now!

Then he leaves without another word.

What was that all about?