Man vs. Man

KEYBER: When Key and Justin Bieber Meet

 

CHAPTER SIX

JUSTIN BIEBER

 For a second, I just tried to recover from the shock of my near gay-kiss experiment.

I mean, what the hell was I thinking?

This was so embarrassing. This story got to my head.

I took a peek at Key. I’ll never be able to look him in the eye again!

But he was staring at whoever walked in. I lifted my eyes carelessly; mouth open to explain what was NOT just about to happen.

My jaw dropped in surprise.

“Claire,” I said, almost getting up as if I was greeting a fellow celebrity. “What are you doing here?”

She looked beautiful. Of course, she was beautiful before in the plane, but whatever magic had gone on for the last few hours since we split made me and Key nearly drool. Her once jet-black hair was now a suiting coffee-brown and a hint of makeup highlighted all of her doll-like features.

Key acknowledged the name with a hint of surprise. “Claireypear335?” he asked.

Confusion crossed my brain as Claire stared at her feet, very unlike herself.

Our managers luckily saved Claire an explanation and entered the room with a grim face. They both looked surprised when they caught sight of Claire.

Key’s manager put out his hand, smiling with the mid-thirties kind of creepy smile, saying: “I didn’t know Claire, our author, was so pretty.”

-

CLAIRE

Despite my jetlag, every single nerve in my body was tingling in a high of expected shame, the feeling of meeting Key AND Justin Bieber (again) and embarrassment.

I couldn’t bear to look at Justin. He knew now I was lying the entire time on the plane. My face was burning.

The manager glanced at Justin and Key. “Too bad you guys love each other instead of loving her!” he laughed and sat us down.

I peeked slightly at Justin. He looked as if a ginormous chasm of hell had formed in front of him with a mixed expression of horror and shock.

 Keeping a fleeting eye with the managers as they discussed our speech tactics, I couldn’t help but to take a peek at Key.

He was just as cute in real life.

-

KEY

HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME CLAIREYPEAR335 WAS SOOOOOO DANG PRETTY?

Whatever the hell manager hyung and Justin’s manager was saying bounced straight out of my ears. Who cares? There’s an angel in front of me.

Well, she did write a story that potentially ruined my social life and reputation. But that thought disintegrated when I looked to her face again.

She looked at her hands, which were folded neatly on her lap. It took every bit of strength in my body not to reach out and take one of them.

How could I take an hour of interrogating on live TV before I got to talk to her for real?

“Key,” my manager said.

How could I have let a piece of filth like Jonghyun even talk to her?

“Key!” he shouted this time. I didn’t notice with all the preoccupying thoughts in my head.

What if she likes Justin Bieber more than me? She DID make him the man…

The thought just struck about my embarrassing conversation over the phone, making me nearly groan out loud.

“KEY!” manager hyung shouted loudly and made me tear my eyes away from Claire. “Did you understand what I said?” he demanded. “You know the plan, right?”

“Right.”

But my attention was already gone.

-

JUSTIN BIEBER

We were pushed on stage before I knew it. I sat next to Key, as my manager instructed me to, and flipped my hair.

“FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE.”

Action.

The interrogating began.

I still reeled in surprise every time I saw Claire in front of me. She had lied to me. A lot. She knew why I was going to Korea. She knew where I would be in the next couple hours.

But then again, I lied to her. I didn’t have a fanmeeting or a concert here like I’d told her.

“Justin,” the translator said, “How do you feel about being known as a couple with Key?”

I laughed, almost snorting. My manager gave an ‘OH MY GOD!’ look from behind the camera, so I said hastily, “I really didn’t even know Key until today, but I guess it’s alright. I came to this beautiful country for the first time, thanks to Key and Claire.”

Damn, I’m good. My manager gave me a thumbs up and the interviewer beamed at me.

They asked a few more questions to Key and Claire, the translator lady not bothering to translate it.

Then, after one question, Claire turned bright red and Key laughed. I laughed too, pretending to know exactly what the question was instead of being completely lost.

“She asked Claire which one she thought was cuter,” my translator finally told me, “She said Key.”

WHAAAAAT!

-

KEY

BAHAHAHAH. DAMN, THE POWER.

Justin Bieber? Nah.

ALMIGHTY KEY IS CUTER.

Claire hid her blushing face, while Justin Bieber conceived an expression of great shock.

What’d he think, that he was cuter than me?

HELLS TO THE NO.

The interviewer smiled evilly at Claire, clearly seeing a point to cause public disruption.

“You probably love both of them to write about them, but which one would you date?”

Claire’s mouth dropped, blushing furiously in an adorable way.

Obvious answer. ME.

She looked between the two of us with indecision. It was all for show; I was right here, duh!

“I think… Justin Bieber, honestly,” she said shyly, peeking at Justin. “He seems more like a man.”

“WHAA—“ I nearly shouted, getting out of my seat when I caught the warning glare of my manager.

Right… Live TV…

Justin Bieber glanced at me with the expression Jonghyun gave me all the time, the one that said, DAMN-ALL-THE-LADIES-LOVE-ME-ARE-YOU-‘KAY-WITH-DAT?

Again, the interview caught my eye with an evil twinkle. “Are you ready to redeem yourself as a man for Claire?”

“For sure!” I chirped confidently. She just hasn’t seen my awesome, y moves yet. I smiled and got up abruptly, starting to walk around the coffee table that was between me and Claire. Suddenly, I felt something get caught on my foot, making me lose complete balance and causing me to fall.

Right on top of Justin Bieber.

My mouth smashed on his before I could get my balance again.

On live camera.

“BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” We both screamed in disgust, wiping our mouths on our shirts vigorously when I got up off him.

The interviewer looked shocked, then turned to the camera and said, “We’ll be back to you in 60 seconds after this commercial break.”

“You’re disgusting!” Justin Bieber shouted at me, eyebrows crinkled.

“You’re the one that tripped me!” I shot right back.

“You ruined me!” Justin Bieber accused before gargling his mouth with water.

Claire was laughing and slapping her knee in hysterics. “YOU… GUYS…” she cackled. “I KNEW you were gay!”

Now this is the Claire I remember from the phone. It seemed weird, coming out of her beautiful mouth.

“This is your fault!” Justin Bieber and I simultaneously shouted at her.

I scoffed at her innocent expression. “And I am SO MUCH more of a man than Justin. Have you SEEN his lack of pecs or abs? DAYUM.”

Justin glared at me, saying, “Come on, Claire, you know that’s not true! You’ve felt them yourself.” He shot her a mischievous glance.

HULLLLLLLLL.

-

CLAIRE

“You’ve felt them yourself,” he said in the lower toned, y voice. It made my face flush yet again.

Key stared at me with an accusing look.

The interviewer sat us all down again in our hostility. Since when had Key and Justin Bieber become mortal enemies?

The next 30 minutes was torture: I could FEEL the testosterone coming out in waves from the two boys. It was like, “My album is double platinum,” and then, “My album had more than LARGE NUMBER HERE preorders.”

Luckily, the constant showing up ended as the interview came to a close. I breathed a sigh of relief as soon as the camera shut off.

I had no manager telling me what to do, so I just sat there on the couch in exhaustion. Justin and Key seemed to be arguing more and deep in explanation. I gave up trying to determine what they were talking about and drifted off.

“Claire.” I felt a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged them away and turned around.

“Claire,” the voice came again, making me open my eyes. Key and Justin Bieber stood before me, making me jerk to sit up right.

They both had their arms crossed. “You have a lot of explaining to do.”

-

Sorry guys, this was a really boring, long chapter!! D:

i hope you guys still support! there's a lot coming.

And DAYUM.

40 subscribers?

HOLY COW, that's soooo many! 40, that's like two classes of people are reading my story. PRESSUREEEE~

Sorry for the late update, please keep commenting and reading and supporting!<3

love, blueducttape!