Caribbean Bay

KEYBER: When Key and Justin Bieber Meet

 

-

CLAIRE

“What?” Onew asked me, astonished. “You put BUTTER on your TOAST?”

“Well, yeah,” I nodded, applying butter self-consciously. Groggily rubbing my eyes, I looked across the table in confusion. “Don’t you guys? Buttered toast… Ring a bell?”

The guys all cracked up simultaeneously. “BAHAHAH BUTTER ON TOAST, THAT’S RIDICULOUS.”

“You and your American ways. We put JAM. The healthy way. DUHHHH,” one of them said, but I couldn’t determine who because they all were sputtering random things in between laugher. Part of me was still not used to seeing all of their faces a few feet away from mine. Every time I saw Key’s face, I had to blush.

It’s not like, you know, he fell on top of me at two o’clock in the morning. And didn’t get up for a full 45 seconds.  And looked stinking hot while doing it.

I could already feel my face turn red as I thought about it.

Korea officially turned me into a ert.

It was about nine the morning, with everyone huddled at the table in their pajamas. I’d changed into some of my own clothes, ditching Taemin’s cute shorts and shirt. We had received a call earlier announcing the members’ day off.

“So, fellas and lady,” Jonghyun interrupted, hitting his mug with a fork to calm down the noise of the other boys. “Today we have an unofficial day off.”

This called for a chorus of huzzahs and bellows. Jonghyun grinned and went on, “So, in celebration of Claire’s big hit and Key’s big miss, we’re going to Caribbean Bay!”

Onew offered a high-five in celebration. Minho slapped me on the back. Taemin gave me a shy smile. Key whooped, but avoided my eyes.

Well, Keyber was written at his expense.

And Justin Bieber’s.

I guiltily bit into my toast, trying not to think about it.

“It’s the perfect day, too!” Taemin said excitedly, interrupting my thoughts. “It’s a Thursday, so everyone’s gonna be gone. And it’s 80 degrees, and we have Claire!”

I grinned, thinking of all of them in a swimsuit, but my heart stopped after a moment. “Guys… I don’t have a swimsuit…” I said awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

Jonghyun swatted a hand at me. “You’re fine, just stop by the gift store they have there, and I’ll buy you one.”

“Oh no, you don’t need to—“ I protested.

“Or, maybe Key should pick out your swimsuit,” Minho suggested nonchalantly, but shot me a wink. “He’s always the fashionista.”

“And,” Onew added, “Jonghyun’s a , and as much as I’d like to see you like that, we should protect Taemin’s brain from evil thoughts.”

I felt my face flush with color once again. Did he seriously just say that?

“I’m old enough to…” Taemin started indignantly, but trailed off as he looked at me and obviously changed his mind about whatever he was gonna say. “Claire and I are the same age, anyway!”

“Now, now, guys, I will obviously be doing everyone a favor by picking out a swimsuit—“ said Jonghyun reasonably, but was quickly cut off by Key.

“Okay, no, Jonghyun,” he said conclusively. “I know what to pick, so let’s get going!”

-

CLAIRE

In the end, Key picked out a bright yellow bandeau bikini that I offered to pay for, but he insisted and shoved me out of the way when we checked out.

“Damn, you’re the guest. Be polite and ACCEPT IT,” Key said, acting almost like he did on the variety shows I saw him in. “Not gonna lie, you’re gonna look pretty damn good in this, so I deserve the credit.”

“Whatever you say, Key,” I laughed, taking the swimsuit and pretending to ignore his comment. I felt my heart beat faster as he placed a hand on my back and shoved me into the locker room.

“I’ll see you in fifteen!” he called into there. Luckily, there were only a few oblivious college students in there.

When I walked out into the waiting area, I felt at five pairs of eyes turn on me. I’d just left my hair loose, with white Ray-Ban knockoffs perched on top of my head and a few friendship bracelets.

“Claire!” Taemin called happily. “Good thing Key chose your bathing suit, you look really hot!”

I blushed, once again, while Minho hit Taemin in the stomach, saying, “Taemin! You’ve been hanging around Jonghyun too much.”

Key raised his hands in a profound way, making an innocent face. “Well, who’s good? Key is.”

“Shut up, Key, it’s just because Claire looks good in everything she wears,” Jonghyun said with an accomplished look on his face.

I rolled my eyes despite my blush. “Wow, Jonghyun, up, much?”

Jonghyun’s mouth dropped open a little, while the others started cracking up at him.

“Wow, Miss Keyber has a sassy mouth!” Jonghyun said, laughing a little. He slung an arm around my shoulders and guided me towards the wave pool.

Honestly, Jonghyun is everything all fanfiction writers think he is; a girl-hungry dude that seriously does not know how to lay off.

But he was still kind of insane hot anyway.

-

KEY

“Well, Mr. Sulky Sulkerson,” Minho said, slinging a wet arm around me as we walked through the shallow end. We were both looking at the backs of Jonghyun and Claire, who were laughing and splashing each other. “What can we do?”

I glared at him, throwing his arm off. “YOU’RE the one that’s supposed to help! WHAT CAN I DOOOO!” I wailed, watching the couple (what the eff?) to see if they noticed my breakdown.

They didn’t.

“I remember telling Jonghyun specifically not to hit on Claire!” I said, and pointed an accusing glare towards Minho. “You were supposed to back me up!”

Minho shrugged. “All’s fair in love and war.”

I made my berserk face at him.

“Oh my gosh, hyung, calm your balls!” Taemin cried, splashing water towards me. “It’s been like five minutes!”

“FIVE MINUTES TOO LONG!” I shouted. “And you did NOT JUST SPLASH ME!” I felt my last fuse burn out, and I was full out splashing the cute out of him. Just as it started getting intense, Minho tackled me so I was completely submersed. Even angrier, I kicked and shouted, and even eventually Onew got involved in the water-fight.

“MINHO—“ gargle gargle gargle “—YOU SON OF A—“ gargle gargle gargle “—MOTHER OF—“ gargle gargle.

Suddenly, in the midst of our war, I heard an ominous voice calling, “The timed wave session has begun. Please be prepared.”

Damn.

While we were fighting, I guess we’d propelled all the way towards the front of the pool, where the waves were the largest and the pool the deepest.

“Uh oh,” I heard Onew say as the horn blared, signaling the start.

All four of us stopped fighting and clung onto each other for dear life.

“Save usssssss!” I called in panic, but we were soon engulfed in the first major wave.

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Wow, it's been awhile! I wanted to update before December and everything, so, yeah!

I hope you liked it! MOAR IS COMING!

Oh yeah, I had an amazing review done by Lady Comma's a few weeks ago!

You can read it here!

Thank youuuuuu!

BUT OH YEAH; i surpassed 100 subscribers (in total) as an authorrrrr

HOT DAYUMMMMMMMM

I saw, and I was like, ZOMG, legit.

That's probably not good at all, but IDGAF, THATS STINKIN AMAZING IN MY EYES.