Realizations

KEYBER: When Key and Justin Bieber Meet

 

JONGHYUN

“Wow, I can’t believe you guys almost drowned in a freaking Wave Pool,” I said, shaking my hair to get the water out. “The waves weren’t even that strong!” We were standing underneath a parasol and table, toweling ourselves off.

“Hell yeah they were!” Taemin opposed. “I almost died, hyung, and you don’t even care?”

Everyone else laughed at Taemin’s overexaggeration. This kid was such a baby sometimes. My gaze shifted to Claire, who was smiling at Taemin.

I see why all of SHINee plus Justin Bieber is falling in ting love with her. She’s so hot.

In the sense of like, grown up in America, naturally pretty. She laughed like she wasn’t afraid, walked like she owned the place, and treated us like we were normal people.

I can’t say what she has, but God, it was unbelievable.

I knew I couldn’t like her. I’m a grade A douchebag, let’s all admit it, and Key had already laid dibs. As much as people say I’m an , I can be this ing giving to Key. I’m letting him have her.

If we ever have time for more Claire. The days and the rumors moved so fast, I didn’t know what was going on at all.

 “If Key wouldn’t have been such a weirdo, none of this would have happened!” said Minho accusingly.

Key shrugged, looking as if he were in a bad mood. Poor kid, I had been a ty friend/member.

I’d make it up for him.

-

KEY

“OH MY GOSH, YOU ARE NOT MAKING ME DO THIS. NO. NO. NO,” I shouted, being nearly dragged up the stairs to the ride. The waterslide of death.

I mean, really.

It was a gabazillion yards long, stretching from one end of the park to the other. The orange piping coiled around buildings and shot through the sky. I bet King Kong could use it as his monkey bars, it was so big and long.

How the hell was I supposed to do this?

“Come on, man, grow some balls!” said Jonghyun, “this’ll be awesome!” He trailed at the back by himself. The narrow staircase only allowed room for a single-file line, and we travelled like marching ants up it despite me.

Claire was behind me, pushing me up. “Yeah, Key, you need some thrill in your life!” Her voice rang in my ears.

I tried not to turn around and look, cause I might start liking her too much.

“Stop pouting at me, you jerk!” she said playfully, laughing and pushing me harder up the stairs to the waterslide of death.

Okay, I just died a little inside.

I feel like a fan boy.

I don’t know what happened, but Jonghyun was suddenly acting really, really nice to me.

He handed me a taco during lunch, he gave me his soda when I dropped mine, and he stopped being such a d-bag.

Like, STOOPID nice. He’s never like this; encouraging, helpful, understanding.

He looked at me genuinely, his face morphing into puppy-ness.

Wait a minute.

Is this his way of saying Claire’s mine?

I made a head gesture towards Claire while catching Jonghyun’s eye, and he nodded, still puppy-dogging.

I looked away, partially wanting to whoop.

But I know it wouldn’t happen. Claire’s gonna be gone in a few days, and I shouldn’t even be with her right now. It’s bad publicity. Keyber’s spreading. This was supposed to be bad news bears.

But I didn’t care. I was going to ing enjoy every minute of this.

“’Kay, we’re here!” Minho said with a teasing look towards me. “Are you guys ready?”

I didn’t even notice we’d gotten there. I looked off at the side, noticing how far up we were. “HELL NO, I’m not ready. Is there an elevator back down, cause there is no way in hell I’m doing this!”

“Awh, come on, Key, it’s just an itty-bitty slide!” Taemin teased.

I made my second berserk face at him.

“Now, now guys, we have to go in pairs!” Jonghyun announced before I could whoop Taemin. “I call riding with Onew!”

“Me with Minho!” chimed Taemin.

This was so, so, stupidly set up. Oh my God, kill me now. I tried by all means to avoid eye contact with Claire.

“I guess it’s you and me, then,” I mustered up the courage to say to her. “But I can’t do this! Kill me now, please!”

The guy working there rolled his eyes as he passed out life vests.

Um, excuse me, but was that directed towards me?

And we ing get life vests for this ride?

“Yes you can, Key!” Claire said to me. “If we die, we’ll die together, that’s all that matters!” she joked.

“Yay, that’s comforting!” I said. “I’m glad you’re such an encourager, Claire!”

She laughed with me, saying, “I know, if only I could be your life coach. You’d be climbing walls and saving cities by now.”

“You guys are so weird,” Minho said, fastening his life vest on. “What are you even talking about?”

We both laughed, shrugging.

“Okay, seeya in a few, guys!” said Jonghyun and Onew, hopping into a double tube and down the miniscule, claustrophobia-inducing entry way.

Oh. My. God.

I heard Jonghyun’s whoot and Onew’s shrill screaming.

Minho and Taemin gave each other high fives before hopping into their tube and following Jonghyun and Onew’s trail.

“It’s almost our turn!” Claire turned to me, smiling as the man got our tube ready.

We’re going to be riding that thing down that insane path?

Kill me now.

Claire had to nearly shove me down into the tube, hands pressing my shoulders down so I wouldn’t get up.

“Come on, Key, this is nothing!”

“You’re right man, this is nothing,” I said, sarcastically. “Nothing to be worried about because I won’t remember it when I die!”

The man in the blue vest and his unamused expression said, “Well, here you go!”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

-

Wahhht, it's been 4 whole months of me neglecting this story? (and AFF altogether, basically) Sorry guys! I have no excuse other than that I've had an insaneee writer's block. In everything. :(

But I hope I'll overcome that and be able to write more often! Thank you for the support! Please keep reading, there is so much of the story to come!

My other story: Perfect Together with Infinite's Sunggyu and Woohyun!

THANK YOUUUUUUU MUCH LOVES