Woman in the Relationship

KEYBER: When Key and Justin Bieber Meet

CHAPTER FIVE

-

KEY

I gulped. Claireybear sounded so scary.

“Uh, yeah,” I stammered and scrambled for something to say over the banging on the door. Damn Minho and his competitiveness!

Almost hearing Claire’s impatient tapping of her foot, I said, “You know, I just wanted to….”

Dang, to WHAT?

I didn’t even know what to say.

MAJOR PANIC MODE!

I heard her cough awkwardly, waiting for me to finish my sentence.

“I wanted to know why I’M the woman in the relationship!” I demanded off the top of my head.

Minho and Jonghyun busted out laughing on the other door at my question.

Laughing hard, Claire asked, “What?”

“You know, how Justin Bieber always carries my purse, I always nag about his phone calls, I always match his outfits for him!”

She laughed even harder, spluttering, “You’re such a woman!”

Whaaaat?

“Now you’re nagging at me?” she laughed, and I could hear her palm hit something in hilarity.

Damn, I am nagging.

Suddenly, a different voice came through the line.

“She’s busy, sorry!” and click. She hung up on me.

I heard Minho’s voice through the door: “REJECTED, ONCE AGAIN!”

-

CLAIRE

After the next 13 hours of hitting on flight attendants, being loud, and sleeping sometimes, we landed at Incheon International airport.

“Don’t walk more than 15 feet near me,” Justin told me as we waited to unload the plane. I nodded. “I had a really nice time getting to know you.” He kissed me on the cheek for the last time and we said our goodbyes.

When I walked out to be picked up, I saw a sign being waved around the air like crazy.

CLAIREYPEAR335! KEYBER WRITER!

I looked at the floor, face burning. Justin Bieber was 15 feet in front of me, looking in another direction. Justin glanced back at me once more with a small smile, and left.

We would see each other again in the matter of hours.

-

 KEY

A few hours after the incident, I got ready for the interview. My stomach was doing backflips with my nervousness and my thumbs twiddling.

What if everyone interrogates me?

What if Claire turns out to have a burning passion of hate against me?

What if no one ever loves me again because of this scandal?

 The other guys in the van just rolled their eyes at me.

“Dang, Key, just chill out!” Jonghyun shouted and smacked me on the shoulder. “It’s an interview, we do these ALL the dang time.”

“But it’s not a regular interview!” I said indignantly. “This can change my entire social life forever!”

Minho patted me on the back. “It’s okay, man, it’s about time they find out you liked men.”

“GRAH, shut up!” my manager shouted from the driver’s seat. “Jonghyun, Minho, be supportive! Key, you have what you want to say, right?”

“Uhh,” I stuttered. Ever since that conversation with Claire, my words weren’t coming out right at all.

Manager hyung gave me the stink eye through the front mirror.

“Don’t worry, Key,” Jonghyun said in a genuine voice. “If you never have a love life ever again, you know I’m always free…” He waggled his eyebrows at me.

Ugh.

Gross.

-

CLAIRE

When I arrived at the broadcasting station, my head hurt from banging it on the window.

Why was I so stupid?

All of Korea’s gonna think I’m a psycho!

All of America’s gonna think I’m a psycho!

My driver looked back at me funny the entire ride.

Wherever I went, people stared, pointed, and whispered. “She’s that girl who wrote Keyber!”

 I sat down in front of the stylists.

“Damn,” one of the guys said. They all stared like no other at my face.

“Why, are my dark circles that bad?” I asked defeatedly. All my nervousness turned into tiredness. My eyes could hardly stay open. Dang jetlag. The stylists kept on staring at me. Any other time I would be self concious, but I was too tired to care.

“No,” a girl said. “You’re just really pretty. Don’t people tell you that?”

I snorted. “I bet I’m so pretty right now; I just got off a 15 hour flight and my hair’s everywhere.”

The stylists ignored me, jumping in glee with each other and skittering around. “We could so work this to your advantage!” She started saying orders to the other stylist assistants and got out dyes and clamps and heating tools and killer looking makeup.

This was going to be fun.

-

KEY

There he was, sitting on the couch beside me.

Justin Bieber. The ‘love of my life.’

After the normal formalities, our managers left to talk on their own, leaving me and Justin to “bond”.

We were both in that awkward silence that you just can’t break no matter what.

What to talk about? How we had passionate moments of confession in our story?

AWKWARD.

But I did see why Claireypear set me up with him…

He had that American jawline, those sparkling eyes, shiny, soft brown hair…

His eyes were so deep, filled with youth and music…

-

JUSTIN BIEBER

This ‘Key’ guy was staring at me like no other.

CREEPY.

But I couldn’t help but to stare back. He was really, actually, sort of not a bad looking guy.

He had a mousy-ish face and kind looking eyes.

I could feel myself lean into him as he did to me.

Maybe just this once, I could test out if that dumb story was actually true…

Suddenly, the door burst open.

There she was, gaping at what we were just about to do.

Claire.

“What the HELL?” 

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I hope you enjoyed the last chapter!

I had some serious, serious writer's block the last two weeks:( but I hope that you guys still liked it anyway!

it was a little boring...

but please keep supporting! thank you so much for reading!

love you guys!