Park Group of Companies - The Grand Ball part 3

C H A N C E S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

 

"Dee" Once her name comes out from his mouth, he was beyond shock. He is the only one who's calling her that. It was like an endearment for him eversince. He tried to cover his shock by being professional as he doesn't want his friend to about it.

 

 

While Dara was also experiencing dilemma after hearing him call the name he used to call her which makes it more awkward for her. She didn't expect this. But like him she didn't give away. She is standing before him with so much confidence. But she ignore his address to her.

 

 

"Mr. Kwon. It was nice seeing you again. I am sorry if I brought up our divorce on my speech awhile ago. I know that they will be talking about it once they saw me and I take this opportunity to atleast say something about it so that next time they wouldn't talk about it as I have already address my side after 5 years of being gone. I hope you didn't mind." Dara said even mentally patting herself for a job well done in casual talk with her ex-husband. Jiyong on the other side is mentally cursing himself for thinking that she hasn't moved on yet from him.

 

 

"Call me Jiyong please. For old time sake like what the boys said. Well, about your speech I have no problem with it.... So aamm.. How are you doing Dee?" Jiyong said and confidently asked her, again Dara was put into an awkward state again. Jiyong is just looking into her and Dara is getting nervous by the way he looks at her.

 

 

"I'm good. As you can see... Anyway, I will have my press conference tomorrow and there is possibility that they will ask me about you and about our divorce five years ago. I still have to check with my secretary the questions that the reporters sent to me. Do you want me to send to you my answer just in case you need to check with your advisor if it will affect your business?" Dara said and instantly change the topic so she can left their group fast. She is also avoiding in calling him on his name.

 

 

"Well, actually you don't have too. You have the right to say anything you want on our divorce. But to make it easier I can probably contribute to some of it so we won't clash just in case I will be cornered by one reporter and ask me about it as well. Atleast we have same story." Jiyong said. Everyone is looking at the ex-couple as how they converse calmly but one is not too happy about it..

 

 

"Oh that's good.. Hold on.. Do you have business card with you so Hye Sun, my secretary, can email you the questions and discusses to you my answer? You can also contact her directly regarding to this matter. She knows everything." Dara said and Jiyong nod as he took one from his wallet even Seungri, Daesung, Youngbae and Top took one from their pocket to give it to her. Hye Sun handed some business cards also to Dara to exchange with them. Once done, Dara smile to them.

 

 

"So yeah, Hye Sun will contact you.. Oh by the way, I'll see you 5 on Monday morning right?" Dara said upon remembering the appointment with them that Hye Sun discusses with her few days ago.

 

 

"Huh??" All 5 of them said with a confuse look on their face..

 

 

"Am... Ms. Park, I haven't called them yet regarding to the approved appointment. I'm sorry I forgot. Me and In Na was very busy this past few days especially with this event that I forgot to inform the confirmed meeting you will have to some businessmen here in Korea.." Hye Sun said apollogetically.

 

 

"Oh.. It's alright. Anyway, my secretary informed me that you made an appointment with PGC and I confirmed it on Monday 9:00 am at PGC Office. Hope you are available on that day since my entire week is already full with so much meetings." Dara said and look at the 5 this time.

 

 

"Of course, we are available on that day. We are actually waiting for that one and you just shocked us with your announcement awhile ago. Anyway, expect us on monday." Top said. Dara was about to say something when another voice join their conversation.

 

 

"So, the ex Mrs. Kwon is back. Are you here for revenge MS.PARK??" All heads whip to where the voice coming. Guests are even more curious to what going on around them. When they saw who was it the boys hisses under their breath even Jiyong can't control it.  

 

 

"Ms. Mizuhara, what can I do for you?" Dara calmly said and ignore her offending comment. She eyed the glass of wine she is holding thinking she probably had too much of it already.

 

 

"I prefer to be called Kiko. So why are you back? Want to win your ex-husband back?" Again Kiko said knowing Dara is avoiding his remarks and from what she remembers Dara doesn't know how to fight. She is just all to quiet that's why she is always been picked on when she is attending the parties with Jiyong.

 

 

"Kiko shut up.." Jiyong hissed but Kiko seemed to ignore him as well as she still looking at Dara and smirk at her.

 

 

"Ms. Mizuhara, I don't address people easily by their names especially if they are NOT MY FRIENDS. I would like to keep it the way I want to call you." Dara said again avoiding her remarks. Her remarks pisses Kiko more but much delight to her secretaries. Top & Jiyong have annoyed look but Seungri, Daesung & Youngbae smirk upon hearing Dara's response. They knew that Dara can handle this now. Those 4 years must have help her to stand on her own feet and learned to defend herself.

 

 

"Avoiding my question Dara. Can't handle confrontation until now? Are you...."

 

 

"Ms. Mizuhara, whatever is your problem with me I don't care but I am requesting from you to respect me on my event or I might ask my people to you out of this room. I have been tolerating you because I don't want to cause any trouble in here but I think you must have left you manners somewhere. Now please excuse me, I still have more people to meet. Have a good evening. Gentlemen, thank you for coming." Dara said and turn her back but before she can even move she started again.

 

 

"Who do you think you are??!! Just because you have money and power now you will act like as if you own the world!! Huh!! If I know the money you used is from Kwon Jiyong!! He must have given you so much on your divorce!! YOU ARE A GOLD DIGGING !!" Dara's patience snapped upon hearing what she said loud and clear for everyone to hear. Silence envelope the room.

 

 

"SHUT UP KIKO!! SHE NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM ME NOT EVEN A SINGLE CENT!! SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!" Jiyong roared and he was about to drag her away from Dara but a very hard slap meet Kiko's face before he can even touch her.. Her eyes widened and everyone gasped..

 

 

"ONE MORE WORD KIKO AND I WILL IN BRING YOUR COMPANY DOWN!! YOU KNOW ME, SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THAT TO DARA AGAIN AND I WILL PETITION YOU OUT FROM THE SHAREHOLDERS MEETING IN SNU!! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE BANNED YOU BETTER SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!... AND TO ALL WHO ARE LISTENING RIGHT NOW, DARA DIDN'T RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM KWON PUT THAT IN YOUR MIND! ONE WRONG MOVE FROM ANYONE OF YOU I CAN IN BRING YOUR COMPANY DOWN!! DON'T TRY ME!! EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT PARK'S CAN DO!!" Bom loud voice resonated in the entire room. Instantly Chaerin was on her side calming her down. Minzy and IU run to them also. All eyes are on them, silence envelope the room. Dara step closer to her.

 

 

"Ms. Mizuhara, you graduated in SNU as well. I believe we were thought about manners. I hope you could learn to apply them especially when you are on this kind of event. Don't bring your barbaric attitude to where a lot of people where raised with manners. Don't expect from me that I will stoop low just to get even to you. I was from a poor family but I am more richier than you when it comes to MANNERS. Ms. Park and Ms. Lee, care to come with me I think we have some business to talk too. Ms. Gong, Ms. Lee Ji-eun please join us as well." Dara calmly said ignoring the hurtful remarks she had heard. She look at her secretary and gave a nod. When she turned around she gave her family a reassuring smile that she is fine. Her mom has a worried look while Sanghyun has two thumbs up. Her brother likes it so much when she in this state. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter