Park Group of Companies - The Grand Ball

C H A N C E S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*DARA'S POV*

 

 

 

"Are you sure you're OK?" My Mom asked me for the nth time. We are currently at the 2nd floor private room of the Golden Ballroom of Park Twins Hotel which can accommodate 300-500 guests. Thru the tinted glass wall we can see all the guests arriving for the PGC Grand Ball. The kids including their nannies and bodyguards are on the other room playing and probably looking at the wall also making some out of nowhere comments about this people with their suits and long gowns. My son would always says suits makes you sweat while my daughter thinks long dresses makes you look like a princess. My daughter always loves this kind of party while my son don't, probably because Sanghyun openly complaining about this stuff especially infront of my son that suits are utterly boring and not so cool. Upon seeing the Golden Room slowly being filled by all the guests, I can't help but feel nervous. I felt even more nervous seeing the stairs that I will walk on later when Hye Sun finally introduced me. I look at Mom and I did the inhale exhale but before I could answer her she cuts me...

 

 

"Oh don't bother to answer! Doing the breathing exercise says it all!"

 

 

"MOM!! you're making me feel worst more!!" I whined and she laugh at my panick stricken look.. I really do hate parties especially like this one. If not for Hye Sun constant nagging about this event for the sake of business then I won't be having one because for sure the Ballroom will be filled by bunch of rich and plastic people and sadly I'll be added to the long list of plastic people tonight. As much as I don't want to be one, it can't be helped especially some people I don't want to see will be coming but I have to be professional. It would create scandal if I only chose who will attend and that's the last thing I want to happen. While I'm busy thinking of possibilities that might happen at the Grand Ball, my ever dearest Mom gave me a back hug..

 

 

"You know I love you right? And I want to thank you for giving too much to us. You used the money well that your father left to us. I thought we will not make it in Europe seeing how expensive to live there but here we are now. Just five years you have made so many huge investments that keeps you moving. Having vocational in the morning, work in the afternoon and masteral at night was a tough one for you when we arrive in Europe and adding up to that you are pregnant but yet you managed everything. The well known fashion designers look up upon you and had invested on you so you can start on your own business and we will be forever be thankful to them. In two years the D.Park Fashion House gives us way into the world of business and I am a proud Mother. Thank you Sandara but I want you to always remember where you came from." Mom said and I nearly cried but thinking Hye Sun, I'd better not coz she'll throw fits if I ruined my make up now.

 

 

"Mom, I promised you and Dad that I will give you a good life and I intend to keep my promise. If he only didn't left us too early he could have seen all of this. And Mom don't worry too much about me. I promise you I won't let our status now ruined me. I will still be the Sandara Park you have known for so long. Thank you for always being there for me. I love you Mom." I said and let go from the hug and face her to give her a kiss and a big hug.

 

 

"Now. Now. Let's not ruin our make up. Just remember Dara you are here because of business not for revenge or step on other people's life. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want to see you cry again.... But also don't let anyone hurt you again or even step on you. I want you to fight but only if needed and fight fair.. ok?" I look at my Mom and I nodded.

 

 

"I will try my best not to turn like those rich people Mom. And besides you will always be there to scold me or even give me a good beating if I did something wrong. I still want you at my back Mom." I lovingly said and smile at her.

 

 

"I will always be here for you, for Sanghyun and even for the twins. So enjoy this night and meet all your old friends and soon to be rivals in business. And Dara, Bom is your bestfriend. Remember not all rich people are the same. She has been a good friend to you, remember that. Ok?" Upon mentioning her name I can't help but feel guilty.

 

 

"I know Mom.. I just don't know what to say to her if I saw her tonight. I felt guilty after I shouted at her and accused her that all of them are just the same. I'm such a bad bestfriend." I sadly said as I hug my mom tighter.

 

 

"I know she is a good person. She will understand. If she approaches you don't runaway or else I will be mad at you. Are we clear Sandara Park?" I chuckle upon hearing my Mom's threat.

 

 

"Yes Mom.." I said to her.

 

 

"So, is Mother and Daughter done talking? Because the Son was practically ignored the whole time and none from my family even bothered to check who just came in. Seriously Mom, Noona didn't you even hear me coming in??" Oh, he was there the whole time?? I chuckle and face my brother..

 

 

"Oh brother, we just really did ignore you! Me and Mom are having a Moment so why would we let you ruin it and......" before I could even finish I momentarily stop as I saw what my brother is wearing...

 

 

"WHAT THE HELL PARK SANGHYUN!!! WHY ARE YOU WEARING A SPIKES ON THIS EVENT!!!!" I practically shouted at him upon seeing him wearing a bright Louboutin shoes with spikes on it.. Mom even jump from her spot after I shouted..

 

 

"YAH! Atleast I'm wearing coat and tie even if I don't like it!" Oh God forbid, I might murder my own brother..

 

 

"YOU! AAARRGGGHHH!!! YOU WILL BE WALKING WITH ME DOWN THE STAIRS YOU IDIOT!!! I AM A FASHION DESIGNER FOR HEAVEN SAKE!!" I am really yelling at him in pure english with British accent..

 

 

"Calm Down! Geez.. Hye Sun Noona saw me already and she said I am no longer walking with you down the stairs. I will be Mom's and you will walk down the stairs.... ALONE!" I glare at him and took my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter