Flashback I

TaengSic or NOT!
(Flashback to the night two weeks ago)

"Aigoo you're such a baby," giggled Krystal and she cut the beef into smaller pieces for Taeyeon.

"It is because the beef is too big and my mouth is too small!" complained Taeyeon and she gave a playful punch at Krystal's arm.

Krystal continued giggling and she fed Taeyeon her beef noodles. "You really like this, don't you?"

"O-of course!" Taeyeon laughed. Her eyes darted to the figure in front of her who was eating quietly.

"Eat up then," Krystal smiled and pinched Taeyeon's nose. Taeyeon wrinkled at her nose cutely at her girlfriend before she started eating too.

Taeyeon watched as Jessica finish eating the bowl of noodles. She realised that she had barely eaten anything in her own bowl because she was too busy looking at the girl.

*buzz buzz buzz*

Krystal's phone was vibrating urgently on the table and Krystal picked up the call after throwing a glance at Taeyeon who gave a slight nod in return.

"Hello?"

Krystal's face grew serious and her brows knitted tightly as she nodded a few times.

"Okay. i will be there in a moment. See you," Krystal hung up and turned to Taeyeon who was eyeing her curiously. "Taeyeonnie, I'm sorry. Victoria-unnie is hospitalized and i have to go and visit her now. Can you go home with unnie later?"

Taeyeon hesitated a little but she still nodded. "Be home early okay?"

Krystal gave a light pat on Taeyeon's soft cheek and then pecked on the same spot. "I will. I love you, bye."

Taeyeon's body went stiff for a moment but she realised it was her own girlfriend who was kissing her, not anyone else. "I-i love you too."

Krystal gave a sweet smile and waved goodbye to her sister too. Jessica watched as Krystal leave the restaurant and disappeared into the corner down the street.

"I... need to go to the washroom," said Jessica and she went off without waiting for Taeyeon to respond. Well, not as if she had any comment either.

Taeyeon took another few more spoons of the noodles and her stomach decided that it was enough for her. She wiped with the napkin and asked for the bill.

"You've paid already?" asked Jessica after she saw the receipt on the table when she returned from toilet.

"Yeap." Taeyeon gave a warm smile but Jessica looked away.

"Let's go then," said Jessica and she grabbed her purse as she stood up. Taeyeon followed after her and she walked behind of her.

They walked quietly in the breezy night and Jessica hugged herself as she felt cold. She rubbed her palms on her arms and shivered a little.

Taeyeon noticed it and she took off her hoodie. It was a good thing that she still wears hoodie but she didn't keep her hair away anymore.

Jessica flinched when she felt a weight over her shoulder. Taeyeon gave a pat on her shoulders before she drew her arms away.

"You need it," said Taeyeon and she walked quickly ahead of Jessica.

A smile crept onto Jessica's face when she smelled Taeyeon's scent from the hoodie that was hanging loosely on her shoulders. She wore it and looked as the girl in front of her was walking far ahead.

Soon, Jessica reached home first but she didn't see Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn't have the key and Jessica couldn't help but feel worried about her.

She was about to take out her phone and call Taeyeon but someone tapped on her shoulder which gave her a fright.

"Do you want to die?!" hissed Jessica dangerously before she turned around. Her glare died down when she saw the innocent looking girl in front of her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to agitate you.." apologised Taeyeon softly and she looked down.

"O-oh I'm sorry. i thought you were someone else.." said Jessica sheepishly and she felt bad for being so fierce to Taeyeon.

Her eyes moved down and the grocery bag in Taeyeon's hand caught her attention. "What's that?"

"Oh just some sweets and crackers." said Taeyeon

Jessica nodded and she was spacing out again. Taeyeon waved her hand in front of her face for a few times and Jessica almost fell backward as she was quite shocked by the sudden loudness. Taeyeon screamed her name when she didn't get any respond from Jessica.

"Aren't you going to open the door?" asked Taeyeon awkwardly and she swayed from side to side slightly.

"Ah.. i forgot.." Jessica scolded herself mentally for being so retarded to forget about opening her own house door.

Taeyeon chuckled quietly and followed Jessica into the house.

"I will.. take quick bath. are you going to wait for krys?" asked Jessica to Taeyeon who was sitting on the sofa and flipping through the channels.

Taeyeon shifted her attention to Jessica and gave her a few nods. Jessica made an 'o' shape with her lips and retreated back to her own room.

***

An hour had passed and Krystal replied none of the 5 messages that Taeyeon had sent. Taeyeon threw her phone onto the other side of sofa and sighed.

Jessica's door flung open and she marched out of her room into the kitchen to toss her dirty clothes to the laundry basket.

"Isn't she back yet?" asked Jessica as she dried her hair using the towel. She stood beside the sofa where Taeyeon was sitting and Taeyeon could smell her shampoo fragrance.

"Nope. She didn't reply to my messages either." said Taeyeon and she gave a shrug.

Jessica sat down on the other sofa and continued drying her hair. She flipped her hair and tilted her head to her right side, exposing the skin on her neck to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon's breaths quickened and she didn't know why. She tried to divert her attention to the show on the tv but to no avail. Jessica was so much more interesting to watch.

"Can you give her a call and tell her to be back soon? it is late now." said Jessica and she disappeared into the kitchen again to put away her wet towel.

Taeyeon waited for her come back and replied,"i tried to call a few times but she didn't pick up. I guess her phone isn't with her."

Jessica sighed and sat down on the same spot where she sat earlier. "This kid needs to learn how to use the bloody phone. It is nearly 9 30 now and she isn't back yet."

"I think she will be back soon. Don't worry." assured Taeyeon. It was her girlfriend. She wasn't the one who was god damn worried at all!

"She's your girlfriend. Aren't you worried at all?" asked Jessica suspiciously

Taeyeon blinked a few times and swallowed her saliva,"of course I'm worried! but what's the point of worrying when i can't even do anything.."

"Yeah you're right.." agreed Jessica and she went back to her room.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh in relief when Jessica was out of her sight. She was afraid that if Jessica stayed out any longer, she might pounce onto her and she had no idea why she felt that way.

Taeyeon continued watching the tv shows for another two hours and it was near 12am already but Krystal wasn't back yet.

She tried to call her for a few times but she couldn't get through. She gave up and smacked the sofa hard.

A hiss escaped her lips as she used her injured wrist to smack on the sofa. She massaged it gently and the pain went away.

Her eyes never left the closed door which the light was already off.

[ Can i go in and see her? i.. i am just checking if she's alright right? wait, why am i checking on her? but.. i really wanna see her.. ] -Taeyeon

After debating internally for awhile, Taeyeon gave up and moved stealthily to the door.

She turned the doorknob smoothly and quietly. The room was pitch dark and Taeyeon tiptoed into the room.

The moonlight shone exactly onto the sleeping beauty's flawless face. It was the only source of light and it shone on Jessica's serene sleeping look.

This made Taeyeon's heart flutter widly and she kneeled down next to her bed.

She listened to the soft breathing sound from Jessica and her eyes travelled around the beautiful features.

The eyes which always sent off icy glares to people were closed gently and Taeyeon thought she could count the eyelashes of the ice princess. They were long and thick.

She used her fingertips to trace from the forehead and down to the nose tip lightly. The smooth skin sent tingles throughout Taeyeon's body the moment she touched the slightly parted lips.

[ You're beautiful.. wait, why am i doing this? ] -Taeyeon

Taeyeon was about to stand up but Jessica stirred and scratched her body.

Taeyeon chuckled quietly at the cute sight and shook her head as Jessica stretched lazily before she stayed still again.

She stood up and tucked Jessica under the blanket nicely. She ran her fingers through the silky hair that was sprawled all over the pillow.

Her fingers stopped at the tips of the hair and something caught her attention. It was something white under the pillow but Taeyeon could figure out that it was the corner of a paper.

Out of curiosity, she pulled it out gently, afraid that she might wake Jessica up. Indeed, it was a paper with some scribbles on it.

Taeyeon fiddled with the paper for awhile as she was debating to herself whether to read it or not.

But the crispy sound from the paper woke Jessica up. Taeyeon widened her eyes when she saw Jessica slowly parting her eyelids.

"Taeyeon?" Jessica rubbed her eyes to adjust to the darkness and she sat up slowly. She the table lamp and saw Taeyeon standing beside her bed stiffly.

"Why are you in my room? and.. what's..that..? oh my gosh, don't tell me you read it!" Jessica saw the paper that Taeyeon was holding and she recognised her own hand writing. She began to mumble gibberish under her breath and then looked at Taeyeon unsurely.

Taeyeon felt doubtful of Jessica's reaction and she wanted to find out what's in the paper but if she told Jessica she hadn't read it, Jessica would probably ask her to return the paper.

"Yes i read it," lied Taeyeon and she held the paper up higher. "Why?"

Jessica gasped and her eyes filled with worries. She grabbed onto her blanket tightly and looked at the floor instead of Taeyeon.

"Answer me Jessica. Why did you write this?" questioned Taeyeon and she showed the paper to Jessica again.

"I... forget it. Please forgive me taeyeon. Please. I didn't mean to.. i-i-i promise i won't tell krys! Just.. don't tell anyone and.. i won't do anything else i-i swear!" said Jessica desperately.

Taeyeon frowned as she couldn't make out what Jessica was talking about. So she decided to go with the flow. "So what if soojung knows about it?"

Jessica her lips and her eyes turned moist a little. "I-i don't know! I don't want her to hate me!"

"Why?"

"You know why taeyeon! do you want to hear it from me so that you'd be happy?" questioned Jessica harshly.

"Of course. Or else how would i know if that's true." said Taeyeon nonchalantly but she was actually dead nervous inside.

Jessica's heart broke into million pieces when she heard the uninterested tone from Taeyeon. It was as if her feelings were not valued at all.

She sniffed a little and Taeyeon was flustered the moment she saw a tear escape from Jessica's eye.

"Fine. i will tell you! since you don't even care about it. Yes i like you! yes i long for you! yes i love you! you this stupid Kim Tae Yeon! Are you satisfied now!!" shouted Jessica in one long breath and then she broke down.

She hid her face in her palms and started crying her heart out. The entire room was filled with her sobbing sound and Taeyeon was left dumbfounded

[ She likes me? she longs for me? she loves me? huh? ] -Taeyeon

"What are you talking about Jessica?" asked Taeyeon confusedly and she received no response from the crying girl.

Taeyeon frowned and held the paper up to start reading. Her eyes grew bigger till her eyeballs almost fell out.

It was a page long of Jessica's feelings and Taeyeon's emotions were incomprehensible. She felt a surge of happiness rushing through her every vein but she felt lost at the same time.

"Jessica.." Taeyeon called out gently and she gave a light shake at Jessica's shoulder.

Jessica swatted her arm away and wiped away the trickling tears. "You don't have to sympathize me. I know what i have gotten myself into. I won't break you guys up. I promise i will never let anyone know about it."

Taeyeon's face grimaced when she saw how hurt Jessica actually was but she pretended like everything was fine. Her heart ached a lot when she saw the girl that he wanted to protect was putting up a fake strong front.

"No lis-"

"No taeyeon, please. Get out of my room. I don't know what i will do next if you continue to stay in my room. You belong to Krystal. I know that. I'm fully aware of that." stated Jessica and she tried to push Taeyeon out of the room but Taeyeon wouldn't budge.

Jessica's arms fell as she gave up pushing Taeyeon and she was standing so closely to Taeyeon.

She could feel the heat emitting from Taeyeon's body and she started breathing faster, went dry and her palms became sweaty.

"You need to listen to me Jessica Jung," said Taeyeon seriously. She held the paper in front of Jessica's face and tore it away.

Jessica's wounded heart got stabbed for another billion times as the paper tore into half. It was as if Taeyeon disregarded her feelings and made a hurtful rejection.

"Why.." whispered Jessica softly and her voice could barely be heard. She punched Taeyeon's chest hardly and screamed,"WHY! why are you doing this to me!"

Taeyeon coughed and held Jessica's hands in hers to stop her from beating her. Her injured wrist was hurting but she didn't care.

Jessica struggled to break free but Taeyeon was too strong. She gave up after awhile as she was too tired after the crying and struggling

"I know you don't like me.. you don't have to do this.. i don't intend to let you know about my feelings.. i didn't mean for all these to happen.." whispered Jessica hurtfully. Her eyes were filled with sorrows and her heart felt numb.

Taeyeon let go of her hands slowly and cupped her face before pulling her into a kiss quickly. Jessica was overcaught by surprise and she didn't respond to the kiss.

"Now, listen." stated Taeyeon after she pulled away.

"I don't really know what to say but.. I'm feeling this way that is much stronger than the way i feel for soojung. I.. don't know. This is wrong. I'm not supposed to feel for you but i do." Taeyeon paused and took in a deep breath.

Meanwhile, Jessica was listening attentively and she had to process what Taeyeon was talking about.

"After i read this paper, i felt.. happy. I was elated. I was overjoyed. I was just.. happy. Forget it, i am really glad that you wrote it and i read it." Taeyeon smiled and gave a kiss on Jessica's forehead

Jessica was stunned and she didn't know that she had been staring into Taeyeon's eyes without blinking for very long then.

"So.. are you okay?" asked Taeyeon awkwardly after she tried to avoid Jessica's intense stare.

Jessica came back to her senses and she felt overjoyed too. But anger soon took over and she hit Taeyeon's shoulder hardly. "Why did you tear away the paper!"

Taeyeon rubbed on her hurting shoulder and rolled her eyes at Jessica. "Because you're writing nonsense in it!"

"What? my feelings are nonsense?" asked Jessica in disbelief.

"No i mean.. the part when you said i don't feel the same way and i will never do. and the part when you said that you're not attractive enough to attract me," explained Taeyeon and she saw how Jessica's cheeks flush pink.

Taeyeon smirked a little and put her arms around Jessica's waist. "You're beautiful. I was watching you sleeping just now."

Jessica's face turned even redder and she pushed Taeyeon away lightly. "Yah who says you can hug me!"

"Well.. okay then.." said Taeyeon and she shoved her hands into the pocket gingerly, she didn't want to hurt her injured wrist again after the intense fight just now.

As soon as Taeyeon pulled away, Jessica missed her warmth already. She scolded Taeyeon mentally and she pouted.

"Now.. let us talk about us." said Taeyeon and she sat on Jessica's bed.

"There's nothing to talk about. You're with krys. not me." said Jessica sourly.

"I know. Can't i have to Jungs?" asked Taeyeon cheekily and Jessica slapped her head a little too hard.

"Argh you're so violent!" groaned Taeyeon and she rubbed the spot where Jessica had smacked.

"Of course i am," snickered Jessica.

Taeyeon ignored her for a moment and the room fell into complete silence. Jessica sighed suddenly and snuggled closely to Taeyeon.

This caught Taeyeon by surprise, not that she minded too. Taeyeon wrapped her arms slowly around Jessica's body and rested her chin on top of Jessica's head.

"This is so wrong but it feels so right.." sighed Jessica and she clenched onto Taeyeon's shirt tightly.

Taeyeon started Jessica's hair and said softly,"i will find a way out. Promise me that you'll wait for me. No matter what happens and how long. Please."

Jessica sat up and looked into Taeyeon's eyes. "I will."

Taeyeon gave her a bittersweet smile and pulled Jessica back into her embrace again.

***

PRESENT TIME IN CHALET

"What are you thinking about taeng?" asked Yuri when they went to dispose the garbage.

"I was thinking.. if i had made the right choice that night." said Taeyeon honestly.

"So you are still troubled by it? c'mon! i told you i don't mind if you like sica already! i have a girlfriend now!" exclaimed Yuri

"It isn't because of that.. it is because.. ugh.. i am hurting the both of them.. directly and indirectly.." explained Taeyeon

Yuri nodded and gave a pat on Taeyeon's shoulder,"listen to your heart taeng."

"YAH YOU DIDN'T WASH YOUR HANDS!!!" screamed Taeyeon and she chased after Yuri who had ran away long ago.

Yuri's laughter was so loud and Taeyeon's blood boiled even more as she heard it.

"DON'T DO SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T!" shouted Yuri and her words made Taeyeon slow down.

She stopped eventually in her track and pondered. She was confused about what she really wanted.

Then her phone rang. "Argh damn it. My hands are dirty!"

She entered the chalet and washed her hands but the phone stopped ringing. She received a message and she opened it.

( FROM soojung: dad and mom are coming to see us soon. But unnie is not living with me and dad will be furious as hell! what am i supposed to do yeonnie!! >:( call me soon! )

Taeyeon looked up from her phone screen as she felt hot breath blowing to her. "Soojung."

"What did she say?"

"Your omma and appa are going to visit you guys soon." said Taeyeon

----

----

---- TBC :D sorry for the lack of updates!!!