CHANGE

Who Lives in the Mystic Abbey?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Krystal don’t make me force you” Jessica hissed at her younger sister. “Stop this now!”

 

The winter winds harshly blowing as Krystal can’t stop shaking. She presses the blade into her chest.   “Krystal!!” Her Unnies gasps as they look at her with terrified eyes   “Please let him live Unnie, let him be with me”    “Krystal you don’t know what you’re talking about!” Taeyeon snapped.   “Krystal drop the blade, Its dangerous” Sooyoung pleaded.   “Soojung I’m starting to lose my patience.. Give me the damn blade” Jessica glared and a stronger wind almost knocks all of them.   “Sica! She’s your sister!” Sunny yelled when she noticed that Jessica’s eyes is already changing color.    “Krystal you don’t even know the man! How can you  threaten your own life for a mere stranger… Are you willing to endanger our whole coven.. Just because you fancy a mortal?!” Jessica said in elevated voice.   “Unnie, just this once..Please help him.”   “This is ridiculous!” Jessica gritted her teeth.   “Unnie he is dying..” Krystal cried harder when she gaze upon the limp body of her savior.   “Krystal, NO and that is final.”  Jessica turned her back to her crying sister, trying to control her anger. She knows that sooner or later her baby sister will learn to rebel against her, but she didn’t expect it to be this soon, she is just 16 for crying out loud!  And now her infant sister was blabbering about being in love with a stranger and demanding to turn him into one of them?  Jessica shook her head ‘I should’ve taught her better’   “Unnie!”  Krystal screamed as she kneeled. “I will kill myself if he dies!”   Jessica turned abruptly and in just a blink of an eye she is already in front of Krystal holding the younger girl’s hands, and without a word her free hand landed on her sister’s face. The impact made Krystal lose her balance luckily Sunny was fast enough to catch her.   Sooyoung on the other hand embrace the ranging girl, it’s the first time on her entire existence saw Jessica this way. Even in her dreams she can’t imagine Jessica can hurt her little sister, she loves Krystal so much.   “Release me Sooyoung” Jessica glared at her friend.   “Jessica!”Taeyeon also holds the girl “Stop”   “That girl  lost her mind!” Jessica yelled with tears in her eyes, she looked at her weeping sister guiltily.. She feels sick of herself now.   Sunny already threw the blade from Krystal hands as she hugged their maknae.   “I’m sorry Krystal..” Jessica said as she kneeled to touch her sister.   Krystal didn’t move a bit from Sunny’s arms.   “I-I just don’t want you to hurt yourself..”  Jessica tried to touch her sister, but her sister avoid her hand.   “ I will be hurting forever Unnie... if he died..” Krystal whispered against Sunny’s chest.   The four older girls exchange worried glances..   ‘Krystal.. What is happening to you?’ Jessica looked back at her sister who is still crying.   Taeyeon stepped forward as she can’t take what’s happening anymore.  She can’t stand to see her friends like this specially Jessica who just lost control.   “Krystal. Listen carefully”  Taeyeon said and it made the youngest lift her head from Sunny.  “I understand that you want him to be one of us.. But there will be a catch”   “Taeyeon!” Jessica and Sooyoung said in unison, shocked at the fact the she is considering Krystal request.   “What is it? I will give it to you..”   Taeyeon smiled weakly at the girl.  “You need to give him up”   “What?! ”  Krystal said in wide eyes..   “It means that he can’t be with you Krystal” Jessica interrupted. “If he becomes a young blood, assuming that we will turn him into one, means that he will lose the ability to return your feelings.”   “All that he is, will be owned by the old blood who will give him his immortality.. that’s the way it works” Sooyoung added.   “That means.. His loyalty, his affection and even  his thoughts will be centered to his maker.. only his maker” Sunny said as she wiped their maknae’s tears.   Krystal confusedly looks to Sunny. . Who just gave her a sad smile.   “The decision will be yours Krystal” Taeyeon walked to the almost dead body of the man that the girl is crying for.   Jessica also stood up and follow Taeyeon.. They look at the young man who seems peacefully sleeping in the snow.   “Would you rather have him alive knowing that he will never be yours” Taeyeon touched the dying stranger’s face.   “Or would you rather have him sleep in peace.. He looks like he lives a very tiring life” Jessica asked her sister.   Krystal just stared at her two unnies beside Amber, She don’t know what to say… She was envisioning the stranger to be by her side once he was turned, she never knows the conditions..  She can’t lose him.   “Decide now.. I can smell his death in few minutes” Sooyoung got the attention of the youngest girl.   “Turn him, I just want him alive. “ Krystal whispered immediately.   “Are you sure about that?” Sunny asked   Krystal nodded “Please save him..” She now look at the three old bloods with pleading eyes.   “Then the question is..” Sooyoung turned to Taeyeon and Jessica.  “Who will give out the blood among the three of us?”   ++++++++++   Tiffany  almost dropped on her knees as she hide herself behind an old tree, She’s been looking for Amber as soon as Sunny, one of the vampire that lives in the woods asked her to reinforce the charms that she planted on their territory…not giving any reasons, it’s more of a demand.  And she knows that it’s not good.   Vampires are not really that sociable bunch, she only knows Sunny the little one who paid her a visit twice that was now hugging a.. She’s not sure. A human? It’s been a month since they have returned in the island, she don’t really know how many are they but clearly they are more than she expect. Her late mother told her before that the vampires of the Mystic Abbey fled overseas decades ago, but keeps on returning every now and then for some reason . If she remember her right her mother said that there are only two that she was able to meet personally.. But now she is seeing four?

 

Though its already dark, the scene is well lighted by balls of fire floating everywhere, Tiffany eyes roamed to the people nearby..  She already knows the Sunny is beautiful but she can’t help but gasps for air as she stare the three others.  There was the tall and skinny girl with crimson eyes… tiffany was almost sure that she is the one responsible for the floating flames.. The blonde who seems like she’s glowing and finally the childlike one who have the most serene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter