LOCKED

Who Lives in the Mystic Abbey?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1927

 

It’s still few hours before twilight yet the gray sky never even bothered to show the sun the entire day, the wind was harsh and unforgiving.. Showing no signs of stopping anytime soon..  The whole island was basically covered in deep snow; it was the first time in the century that the dark forest of the Mystic Abbey was covered in this kind of coldness.

 

 Outside the mansion a young woman cloaked in thick sheets of animal fur is patiently waiting, for almost half the day she never removed her gaze to the woods surrounding their lair.  With only an old gas lamp in her hand she silently stalks the shadows from the forest, not moving at all despite the strong wind and heavy snow fall.

 

“Lady Taeyeon..”  A young man walked beside her, but the old blood didn’t even flinch.  “You have been waiting here all day, please go inside and take a rest—“

 

“It’s even colder inside Leeteuk and you know it.” Taeyeon didn’t let her young blood finish, It was pointless, for the interior of the household is nothing different with what is outside.. It was worst, not only because of the severely low temperature but because of the thick air of sorrow inside its walls.

 

The man name Leeteuk just sighed with the words of his creator; he can’t help but feel pity as he watch the weariness in the woman’s eyes. For a young blood it’s the most painful thing to see, watching the one who made you in the edge of breaking.

 

The young lady has been through a lot over the past few years, she was disowned by her family because of a human lover and as if it was not enough, a year after she lost her whole clan in a blink of an eye.

 

Along with a distant cousin they were only one’s left of the Earth clan of the south now and this place is their final refuge. Few months ago it came to their knowledge that their old allies, the Choi clan of the west and Jung Clan of the north suffered the same fate.

 

For some miracle the Choi Sooyoung the youngest daughter of the fire clan  was sent for an expedition and manages to avoid the slaughter, she join them with her guards as soon as she set foot again to the local land.

 

And just two months ago they have found Lady Sooyeon, the only survivor from the northern palace, but the ice princess was not doing very well.  The young old blood didn’t utter a single word and chooses to be secluded from the whole coven in the darkness of her chambers.

 

“Was I wrong to do that?” His creator spoke as if she was talking to herself. “I want you to tell me the truth..”

 

Leeteuk stared at Taeyeon’s youthful face darkened by her heavy heart, he didn’t dare to answer.

 

She and Taeyeon have a very different standard of right and wrong, since he was a human not so long ago after all…

 

“I just cleaned up the mess she made. If the hunter survived he and his clan will seek revenge on us, and Sooyeon will be the center of their wrath!” Taeyeon said still looking ahead of nowhere.

 

Leeteuk gave out a sigh, for he knows what his creator was talking about.  He was there when it happened. When they found Lady Sooyeon in the Frozen Forest inside the territory of the Jung Clan, they have found out that she was engaged with a romantic affair with a young human who happens to be a direct descendant of the Hunter Clan that was responsible for the massive extermination of the Old blood lines of the main land.

 

The Young vampire was clueless about it; she was just a child to begin with.. Lady Taeyeon as the eldest ordered to kill the hunter but the 14 year old Lady Sooyeon stopped it for she wants to end his life on her own.. To cut the story short Lady Sooyeon supposed to kill the young hunter but as Lady Taeyeon expected, the young old blood didn’t.. She left the hunter breathing.

 

In the end lady Taeyeon paid local men with a large sum of money to make sure that the hunter will no longer live.

 

Since  then Lady Sooyeon was never the same, she was lamenting day and night. Her subtle sobs were like sad music that keeps on playing.  Leeteuk’s heart breaks just by remembering the fallen appearance of the young old blood.  He never saw someone so broken like her before, not even Taeyeon at her worst..  She was like a living corpse.. Still breathing yet doesn’t want to live. Just yesterday Sooyeon tried to harm herself and begged Taeyeon and Sooyoung to end her suffering.

 

“ You showed compassion on your own way, my lady.. You just did it for Lady Sooyeon.” Leeteuk’s voiced out..

 

Taeyeon looks back at him and smiled weakly.. “I see myself whenever I look at her…She made a mistake for falling for human.  It was always a terrible mistake.. ”

 

Leeteuk just stared back at her, and said nothing else..

 

“At last you’re here.” Taeyeon said sfter few minutes of silence.  A shadow in the woods slowly took shape and revealed a familiar little girl that is no older than 7, she dressed in a western winter coat in the color of light rose and cream mufflers. Behind her was Taeyeon’s cousin.   “The boat had a hard time to getting near the island because of the winds” Sunkyu smiled at the old blood.  Leeteuk bowed to the visitor and the full blood.

 

Taeyeon just nodded, and look down to the child’s doll like face.. “Annyeong.. Juhyun shi..”

 

The little girl smiled shyly as she holds Sunkyu’s hand.

 

Sunkyu smiled at the little one. “You remember Taeyeon,  right Juhyun ah?”

 

The little girl nodded at the woman.. Sunny patted the child’s hair as she turned to Taeyeon.. “Lady Juhyun needs to be back in the shore before mid night.. Her guards were waiting there”

 

“I understand..” Taeyeon answered.. “Let me show you your patient Juhyun shi” she said as she leads the way inside the mansion. The inside of the house was so silent its deafening, a thin teenage girl with short hair and thick red cloak welcome them.

 

“Sooyoung” Taeyeon acknowledge

 

“Who is she?” Sooyoung asked with her eyes directed to the little girl, .

 

“She’s lady Juhyun.. From the Seo Clan”  Sunkyu said as she felt the little girl hide behind her..

 

Sooyoung confusedly look at Taeyeon “Seo? What is she doing here?” there’s a ring of alarm on her voice.

 

“She will cure Sooyeon” Taeyeon answered silently.

 

“Why do you have to drag a—“

 

“She needs her”  Taeyeon cut her with a stern tone.  “Light the way Sooyoung.. Juhyun needs to see her now.”

 

The younger girl gave looked at the visitor again and reluctantly led everyone in the west wing of the gloomy mansion.. Her eyes slowly turn to crimson red as tiny balls of flames floats surrounding her, soon the cold path was illuminated by warm shade of yellow as the four walked their way to the chambers in the end of the hall..

 

“She’s here..” Sooyoung muttered s they reached the door covered by thin layer of ice..

 

Taeyeon opened the door and went in.  “Sooyeon..” she called as she approach the person who was curled in the corner of the room, the warm light  reaches the person’s paled tear drenched face, her blank eyes were red and swollen, looking  lifeless.

 

Sooyoung averted her eyes somewhere else not wanting to look at her friend’s pitiful state...

 

“That’s her..” Taeyeon turned to the little girl still holding hands with Sunkyu.

 

Juhyun gently let go and starts to walk nearer to the unmoving old blood, the little girl kneeled in front of her and touched Sooyeon’s ice cold cheeks delicately.. The little girl eyes mirrored the sadness of the whole room as she she gazed at the beautiful lifeless face.

 

“I want you to help her” Taeyeon said as she watched the two.

 

Suddenly a warm eerie glow of green lights erupted from the floor where little Juhyun was kneeling, the three older vampires stepped back as the little girl turned her gaze to them. Her eyes were now in a glowing shade of emerald green and she was smirking, far from her innocent face earlier. “What do you want me to do exactly? Taeyeon?”  Her voice was of a grown woman, gentle but maliciously cunning..

 

Sooyoung anxiously look at her coven sisters who stood emotionless.

 

Taeyeon breathes “I want you to erase her suffering—“

 

“Taeyeon!” Sooyoung yelled.

 

“I want you to erase her pain..” Taeyeon continued as she looks back at Sooyoung’s questioning gaze.

 

“Erase… that’s a lot effort, what will I get in return?” The child asked with a bright smile.

 

“Everything you want Juhyun.. Name it.”

 

“I want her blood… all of it.” Juhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter